Cocaine arrest in Vincennes

Jul 25, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHI-TV Terre Haute

A Wabash Valley man behind bars tonight for dealing cocaine. Late Thursday night, the Vincennes Police Department arrested 37-year-old James Scott O'Dell for dealing cocaine.

Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
silver

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

vincennes man wrote:
i live in vincennes and the police are crooked, as well as judge, prosecuter,,, the whole system, judge was convicted of documentation forge judge osbourne, work community corrections bee joice was convicted of money laundering about 6 mo ago, police officer jeff mooney was convicted of manufacturing meth, only served probation and a couple months in jail because his daddy is mayor mooney, work community corrections whole dept. investigated for theft and money laundering. police in vincennes have been busted by higher authorities for evidence of supposeably misplacing items and evidence of arrested people. police in vincennes will harrass you everyday. bad town to live in. there are some good officers, not all are crooked. matt police officer charged and hit a women and broke her foot after landing on her for no apparent reason, case pending in higher court plus many more fraudulant officers, judges, prosecuters, etc... this is facts and can be read online
bee joice was not convicted of money laundering, you need to get your facts. straight
Jones

Rushville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Jeff Mooney was also NOT convicted of manufacturing Meth!! The Mayor was his uncle NOT his father. Need to do some fact checking.
Jones

Rushville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Terry Money wrote:
Ask the ATF and Dusty Smith
What does that mean<<
The Truth

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

Come on folks, get real without the Jerry Springer and the slanderous made up lies.
Sorry Karen, your brother sold Coke to a police informant...the tape doesn't lie! Besides, he can do work release like everyone else in Vincennes!
lauralee

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

work release is a joke. they need to do a lot more piss tests and send some of them to jail where they should have gone in the first place. too much freedom!!!!!
Vincent Moran

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

RE: Robert B. Young, former officer with the Vincennes Police department, 107 Cedar Lane, Vincennes, IN. Amateur Radio call sign K9VPD. It took many calls to find out much on him as the VPD had NO statement on his termination and the Sun-Commercial candidly stated that the VPD only released information to the press that THEY wanted the public to know. So, I called a former VPD officer who knew Mr. Young and in summary this is his reply:

Mr. Young's mental statis, in his opinion had been off the hook for a number of years. Things began to fall apart when he was caught shoplifting at a local dept. store which was hushed up. He began to get worse when his dtr. entered a mixed race relationship. Things began to get worse after his mothers passing and culminated in a sting operation by the ATF with Officer Young being arrested for legally buying seized firearms at auction, taking them to gun shows and selling them to anyone without doing the State mandated background check as long as they paid him for the gun and quite a bit more for turning his head on the background investigation. Evidently he had quite a money maker going on and hired others to work for him in his racket.

So once again, the VPD, its Mayor who commands them and the Chief who's responsibility it is to make certain the reputation of the Mayor is not tarnished has easily shuffled Mr. Young's dismissal into a huge pile of bureaucratic manure.

For the average person, trying to figure out what really goes on at the VPD and KCPD (they all sleep together)would be like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.

Maybe some super sleuth who can go beyond Google can open this can of worms, but he best not be living in Vincennes when he/she does. Anyone up for the challenge?

By the way. The Sheriff of Knox County Indiana, Mike Morris, is Robert Young's best friend so it is told.
kitten

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

what does that have to do wit this thread?
Vincent Moran

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Judged:

Well kitten it is in regard to a question June 5 posted by Sunny. Sometimes you have to read the threads from beginning to the end to be able to follow along and participate with the comments and questions of the other readers. Stick with it, you are certain to get the hang of all this. :)
talking to stupid

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

are you sure your name is not vincent MORON your wrong on just about all of it
kitten

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

june 5 of what year? when you drag up 4 year old threads you need to specify
tarence

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Let me see if I can get this in line. Just a few comments up people ere talking about officers and their children who were also officers and the mayor who is related to all of them (Wait...this sounds like a Kentucky wedding. There has got to be a sister , aunt our other relative involved somewhere. LOL)and how crooked one or to of the police were or were not. And then "Kitty" ask hat Robert Young, another bad city "unrelated" cop had to do with this subject of crooked cops in Vincennes, stemming from a previous post from a woman who directly ask if anyone knew what happened to him when he got in trouble.

The guy replied to the post about Robert Young, which, I agree is in answer to an older post is still in line with the subject of why officers tend to get by with fewer charges or much lighter sentences than that of the ordinary citizen.

So not to get off the saga of the subject of All In The Family when it comes to holding jobs on the public payrolls, what the heck did happen to officer Young who dropped off the radar? Surely it wasn't another police dug charge, and the time he got caught for shoplifting he paid his price behind a desk for a while. Did KFC offer him a better job in drive thru? Hummmm. No one has an answer. Should he be reported as a missing person? I think the Vincent guy is right on topic.
ginny

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Cocaine arrest in Vincennes:::: thats the topic not bad cops, bad mayors or there bad relatives.
Vinny

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

ginny wrote:
Cocaine arrest in Vincennes:::: thats the topic not bad cops, bad mayors or there bad relatives.
Well it was at the start but cocaine, bad cops, bad mayors and the nepotism all tie together. All seem to take a dump on society under the cover of trying to make it better.
Robert Young

Newburgh, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Mr. Vincent Moran...I am in the process of filing slander and libel because of the information that you have posted. I have never been arrested and the comments that you have made are slanderous. I do not know why you would post false information. Several police officers who work or have worked for the Vincennes Police Department have been arrested for various crimes. I have not committed any crimes nor have I ever been arrested. Please provide your real name and address so that my attorney can initiate legal proceedings against you.
Vincent Moran wrote:
RE: Robert B. Young, former officer with the Vincennes Police department, 107 Cedar Lane, Vincennes, IN. Amateur Radio call sign K9VPD. It took many calls to find out much on him as the VPD had NO statement on his termination and the Sun-Commercial candidly stated that the VPD only released information to the press that THEY wanted the public to know. So, I called a former VPD officer who knew Mr. Young and in summary this is his reply:
Mr. Young's mental statis, in his opinion had been off the hook for a number of years. Things began to fall apart when he was caught shoplifting at a local dept. store which was hushed up. He began to get worse when his dtr. entered a mixed race relationship. Things began to get worse after his mothers passing and culminated in a sting operation by the ATF with Officer Young being arrested for legally buying seized firearms at auction, taking them to gun shows and selling them to anyone without doing the State mandated background check as long as they paid him for the gun and quite a bit more for turning his head on the background investigation. Evidently he had quite a money maker going on and hired others to work for him in his racket.
So once again, the VPD, its Mayor who commands them and the Chief who's responsibility it is to make certain the reputation of the Mayor is not tarnished has easily shuffled Mr. Young's dismissal into a huge pile of bureaucratic manure.
For the average person, trying to figure out what really goes on at the VPD and KCPD (they all sleep together)would be like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Maybe some super sleuth who can go beyond Google can open this can of worms, but he best not be living in Vincennes when he/she does. Anyone up for the challenge?
By the way. The Sheriff of Knox County Indiana, Mike Morris, is Robert Young's best friend so it is told.
hello

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

well where everybody go? i guess that shut them up
Ben

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Shut them up? this thread is years old. you guys are just keeping it going lol , thats what losers like you and Young do.
what

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Young wrote:
Mr. Vincent Moran...I am in the process of filing slander and libel because of the information that you have posted. I have never been arrested and the comments that you have made are slanderous. I do not know why you would post false information. Several police officers who work or have worked for the Vincennes Police Department have been arrested for various crimes. I have not committed any crimes nor have I ever been arrested. Please provide your real name and address so that my attorney can initiate legal proceedings against you.
<quoted text>
no you not the first thing any good attorney would have told you is not to respond
Dragon Fly

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Young wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a real mental midget aren't you.Let me tell you how you really need to proceed.
1. Hire attorney be prepared to spend at least 10,000 initionaly.
2. You and attorney take case to court. Court subpoenas Topix Topix fights you add another 10,000+ in legal fees and another 3 years.
3.If judge agrees with you and you get the IP addresses from Topix, then the offending Topix users get to fight you =another 10,000+ and more years.
4. If you win then you get the names and addresses of the poster.
5. Then you get to go to trial another 10,000 and more years.

6. If you had half a brain you could have had this Topix removed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vincennes Discussions

Search the Vincennes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ISP leads investigation in Bicknell murder suic... 9 hr you r a liar 2
Franklin Elementary (Apr '11) Jul 29 Joanna Tesh 23
high heels Jul 26 jim 8
Authorities investigating fatal fire in Knox Co. Jul 26 Peaches 3
Evil VU (Aug '13) Jul 12 concerned 29
Black Panther Mine Jul 9 Rachelle 4
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Lord Hater 92
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vincennes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vincennes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••