Uh ok

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Yeah I remember hearing stories about them when I was going to VU in the early 90's. Never knew if they were stories or the truth tho.
Mikaea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Mind letting the rest of us in on it? Sounds interesting.
BDalton

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Half ass black drug gang from the Gary, Indiana area. A few members moved into town in the late 80's early 90's and attended Vincennes University ans set themselves up in the local drug business. They recruited college kids to sell their dope. VU knew it and did not care as long as they received their tuition money. Past Police Chief Denny Holt even complained to VU's administration the GI Posse's gang leader was attending VU and taking Law Enforcement classes to learn about the ways to avoid criminal investigation and arrest. He taught his "homies" what he learned. VU said they did not care and allowed him (name withheld) to continue learning at VU. He did eventually do a stint at the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility (Carlisle) for some years after being convicted on drug charges. It was later learned that a girlfriend of his obtained a job at the Carlisle Prison as a guard. She patted visitors (female) for contraband before they were allowed to visit with the inmates. Not too hard to figure out what was going on here. After the VPD learned this and tipped off the WVCF she was let go. The GI Posse was later dismantled with the help of an informant. An in-depth search of the Indiana Supreme Court records will reveal the informants name because at least one of the cases made it to that level and it became public record. The last time I saw the informant was about 4-5 years ago and he was dressed in a Santa outfit ringing a Salvation Army bell outside of the Vincennes Wal-Mart. As I put the $5.00 bill into the kettle I noticed it would not go all the way in. I suspected he had rigged the kettle so he could remove any paper money for himself. As I was walking away I heard him whisper "cocksucker"! I smiled because he did not have the courage to say it to my face. He was never fond of individuals who wore blue.
BDalton

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

I might have to correct myself and state the court case may have went no further than the Indiana 1st District Appeals Court. It has been many years and I'm not getting any younger. The informant did wind up doing prison time and he was trying to argue a point to lessen or overturn his conviction concerning a drug buy set up by him and current Vincennes Police Chief Tom Grove at a Liquor Store on North 6th Street in Vincennes while Tom was on the White River Valley Drug Task Force.
Dude

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

BDalton wrote:
I might have to correct myself and state the court case may have went no further than the Indiana 1st District Appeals Court. It has been many years and I'm not getting any younger. The informant did wind up doing prison time and he was trying to argue a point to lessen or overturn his conviction concerning a drug buy set up by him and current Vincennes Police Chief Tom Grove at a Liquor Store on North 6th Street in Vincennes while Tom was on the White River Valley Drug Task Force.
Man what a really good story... you should have a book out by now because you have a great imagination. Oh yeah I was the youngest person in the GIP.
BDalton

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Good try junior. We ran the posse out of town. The informant got our foot in the door and everytime we would arrest a G.I. Posse member, or one of their groupies, they would rat their buddies out almost everytime. The Posse had no loyality in it's ranks. We took down a house on the corner of 3rd & Depot St IIRC. Every single little "homie" I fingerprinted would whisper to me "I want to cooperate" or "I'll tell you anything you want to know" or something to that effect. Then when I walked them back to their seats they would start demonstrating in front of their buddies and talking shit. One of the black kids had very light skin, red hair, and his face was covered in freckles. He looked like the comedian carrot top except he was a negro. And he turned informant also. I guess one could say I have already wrote a book about the Posse. I had to write arrest narratives to throw that bunch of trash in prison.
Dude

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

BDalton wrote:
Good try junior. We ran the posse out of town. The informant got our foot in the door and everytime we would arrest a G.I. Posse member, or one of their groupies, they would rat their buddies out almost everytime. The Posse had no loyality in it's ranks. We took down a house on the corner of 3rd & Depot St IIRC. Every single little "homie" I fingerprinted would whisper to me "I want to cooperate" or "I'll tell you anything you want to know" or something to that effect. Then when I walked them back to their seats they would start demonstrating in front of their buddies and talking shit. One of the black kids had very light skin, red hair, and his face was covered in freckles. He looked like the comedian carrot top except he was a negro. And he turned informant also. I guess one could say I have already wrote a book about the Posse. I had to write arrest narratives to throw that bunch of trash in prison.
Man you crazy as hell, name some names. I think you may have had run-ins with some wannabes. sorry that you were mislead.
Bdalton

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Most were wannabes. Except for one or two members most were just scared little kids. We also had some from different areas who tried to set themselves up in business here in vincennes from different areas. Lamont, Mike-mike and his brother among others. They would use automotive clean-up shops, clothing stores...ect, as fronts. I would have to look through records to start naming them all because punk drug dealers are really not worth remembering. And the only people that were mislead were the G.I Posse...they were played, cuffed and stuffed. The proof is self evident...they are no longer around or in business here in Vincennes. Many found a comfortable home at Carlisle. There are many things you are simply not eligible to know. As a matter of fact the only person who has not offered any proof is you. Lets see what you got. I think you may very well be a little scared 12 year old talking trash on this forum. Name some names G! Keep it real....
DUH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

BDalton wrote:
only a prejudice red neck calls a black person a negro these days! wow you are stupid and for you information, i know that they all did not tell on each other (that is why he got so much time on a first offense!) one of them did almost 10 years and it was not in the wabash valley correctional center, it was up by indianapolis, he got out a few years ago and graduated with his bachelors degree and had high honors! So guess what, them black folks are pertty smart! He has a great job now and makes lots of money! SO many people make mistakes when they are young, doesn't matter what race you are!
just a guest

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Bdalton wrote:
Most were wannabes. Except for one or two members most were just scared little kids. We also had some from different areas who tried to set themselves up in business here in vincennes from different areas. Lamont, Mike-mike and his brother among others. They would use automotive clean-up shops, clothing stores...ect, as fronts. I would have to look through records to start naming them all because punk drug dealers are really not worth remembering. And the only people that were mislead were the G.I Posse...they were played, cuffed and stuffed. The proof is self evident...they are no longer around or in business here in Vincennes. Many found a comfortable home at Carlisle. There are many things you are simply not eligible to know. As a matter of fact the only person who has not offered any proof is you. Lets see what you got. I think you may very well be a little scared 12 year old talking trash on this forum. Name some names G! Keep it real....
You mention the "automotive clean-up shops" and "clothing stores". Are you thinking about Jerome Davis and his brother (I can't remember his name) and their crew? They came around after the G.I. Posse was long gone. I believe they were from Tennessee, possibly the Memphis area. They had a detailing shop somewhere close to campus and a clothing store in the old Rags downtown location for a little while. It was called the "Hip Hop Clothing Shop" or something like that. They left town all of a sudden and eventually ended up in the federal pen.
Bdalton

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Hey DUH...look in the dictionary. The definition of negro reads "A member of the black race". Get over it. You are not the speech police. If I wish to call a black person a negro then tough it...there is nothing you can do about it. Educate yourself instead of just being a dumb DUH! I get sick of politically correct cry babies. You sound like Al Sharpton. Boo Hoo Hoo. It doesn't matter what a negro is called. Eventually negros will start crying over any word that is used to define their race. And a Redneck is 1,000 times better than being a negro drug dealer...or white trash drug dealer...or mexican drug dealer...got it. Why don't you call Webster's Dictionary and cry tears to them?

Just a guest...there was also another crew who came from the Mississippi area after the G.I. Possee. They had a cleanup shop located at 13/Main and then moved to another location IIRC. I think Jerome was suppose to have been caught in the Nashville area with a very large amount of dope and sent to prison. At least that was the story. He had been working with the Federal Drug Task Force for a while at that point. It might have been a subterfuge though to clear him from the area after he was used up as an informant. He was passed around for quite a long time to several local/state police departments setting up drug buys after cutting a deal with the authorities. VPD Detective Dennis Holt was his local case agent in this area. Enough time has passed so that I feel comfortable disclosing that information now. But there are still many informants in the area. They all "RAT" in the end to save their own asses and get dismissed or abbreviated sentences. Truth is they were all stupid and eager to rat each other out. No integrity. We made fun of them all the time.
just a guest

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

If I remember correctly, Jerome also had a detailing shop on Hart Street next to the tracks. Across Hart from Halters where that used car lot is/was. That crew seemed to like to hide their money in unprofitable businesses and anything automotive (cars, trucks, bikes, stereos, etc.)
Bdalton wrote:
Hey DUH...look in the dictionary. The definition of negro reads "A member of the black race". Get over it. You are not the speech police. If I wish to call a black person a negro then tough it...there is nothing you can do about it. Educate yourself instead of just being a dumb DUH! I get sick of politically correct cry babies. You sound like Al Sharpton. Boo Hoo Hoo. It doesn't matter what a negro is called. Eventually negros will start crying over any word that is used to define their race. And a Redneck is 1,000 times better than being a negro drug dealer...or white trash drug dealer...or mexican drug dealer...got it. Why don't you call Webster's Dictionary and cry tears to them?
Just a guest...there was also another crew who came from the Mississippi area after the G.I. Possee. They had a cleanup shop located at 13/Main and then moved to another location IIRC. I think Jerome was suppose to have been caught in the Nashville area with a very large amount of dope and sent to prison. At least that was the story. He had been working with the Federal Drug Task Force for a while at that point. It might have been a subterfuge though to clear him from the area after he was used up as an informant. He was passed around for quite a long time to several local/state police departments setting up drug buys after cutting a deal with the authorities. VPD Detective Dennis Holt was his local case agent in this area. Enough time has passed so that I feel comfortable disclosing that information now. But there are still many informants in the area. They all "RAT" in the end to save their own asses and get dismissed or abbreviated sentences. Truth is they were all stupid and eager to rat each other out. No integrity. We made fun of them all the time.
bdalton

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Yes. He ran a cleanup shop at that location. His phone was being monitored and one night and he went into a panic after some other dealers called and threatened to visit Vincennes and kill him. He was actually moving as he was talking. I'm not sure if he ever told the local police about that night as it was drug related. And I don't think the local police knew his phone was being monitored. This guy lied to everyone on both sides of the law and in the drug business nobody is trusted entirely. But the Feds got him...the IRS took all of his assets they could identify.
moist

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

They would use automotive clean-up shops, clothing stores...ect, as fronts---------- interesting! more?

Since: Nov 10

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

I agree. This is totally fascinating.
vpd172

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately there is always more. People like their illegal dope and there are always those who will step in and supply the need. Denny Holt has done a good job for years in this area and he is well respected in law enforcement circles. He must enjoy the work because it really amounts to a problem which cannot be solved. Nothing but an endless revolving door. Built-in job security though.
Uh ok

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Crazy
blacky forntune

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

they were all big pp
hard knox

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

GI Posers what a joke, wanna be gang that never quite made it, mediocre criminals on their best day,snitches on the average day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vincennes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISP leads investigation in Bicknell murder suic... Jul 31 you r a liar 2
Authorities investigating fatal fire in Knox Co. Jul 26 Peaches 3
Evil VU (Aug '13) Jul '14 concerned 29
Black Panther Mine (Feb '14) Jul '14 Rachelle 4
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Lord Hater 92
Old picture postcard Jun '14 Jack Saylor 1
Addd Jun '14 Rand theft auto 5... 1

Search the Vincennes Forum:
•••
•••
Vincennes Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Vincennes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000