State police arrest two for possessing, dealing meth in Vincennes

May 7, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Courierpress.com

By Staff Report Originally published 07:56 a.m., May 7, 2009 Updated 07:56 a.m., May 7, 2009 Jodi S. Johnson-Shepherd Jeanette Swope VINCENNES, Ind.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
id10t

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

You have to be kidding me that VU caused the METH problem in KNOX COUNTY???(I couldn't comment on the full article) Unbelievable!! VU has been around longer than the long standing meth problem in KNOX, VIGO, SULLIVAN and other Southern Indiana counties. I used to live in KNOX county, and I saw many people get arrested die or totally screw up their lives because of this drug. As long as there is demand, there will be people using and manufacturing this drug, and no amount of law enforcement is going to stop that. I guess everyone that doesn't use a turn signal will have to be stopped and searched........
info

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

who is on the police dept in oaktown? also do the initials s.d,m.m,g.s work there or part of the southern indiana drug task force? any info is good info. i do know the initials d.j h. and his position.
info

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

and on the side, V.U. is not the problem. its the minority coming from indy to waste a semester and making contacts to traffic. every co has a big meth problem, just students have the money and no parents around mostly. i have a degree from V.U and is a great college
Anonomous

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Dj holter is those initials
recovering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

I have been clean 4 years 8-17-10: goggle the arrest record for that day. The local Meth problem is not the blame of VU or outside contacts. Trust me the county of Knox Meth heads r totally independent and to blame for their addiction. I've been there, struggled for over ten years
just my opinion

Lawrenceville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

you want to get rid of meth in knox county? Stop the revolving door at the jail. Same names over and over aressted and let go. doesn't hurt that part of the biggest cookers in area have relatives on the sheriffs dept either
kbh

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Okay I have a simple suoltion, If people are to be controled about the suds that they can buy, than how about the lithium batteries as well? There are plents of stores that what to meet their budget, so they sell all the lithium batteries WITHOUT a limit or checking ID's. This needs to be put into change as well!!!!!!!!!! Some of us need to speek to the congressmen and women to help put a stop to some of this!!!!!!!!!!
scroll down

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Revolving door is totally right, we tell our kids that the police get drug dealers and users off the streets, yeah right, then why do they get arrested, get their bail reduced with no publicity, get out of jail on bail, then get court dates continued for months meanwhile there they are out in public, won't work, nothing but trash. court system here should be ashamed.
Anonomous

Olney, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Knox county will always be a big meth city, it's to easy for farmers or anyone, even though pseudofed is behind counters now and you have to sign does not help im 32 years old and have been down the meth road. People take car loads to lawrenceville, Washington, Princeton to buy boxes. If you wanna cut down on meth which the knox co cannot afford then make pseudofed prescription . And I know mr dj holter, he is crooked and on meth himself his family cooks it. Infact dj used to sell weed. This town will never change, look ten years from now I bet Vincennes will be nothing but the ghetto like bunker hill, or the north end.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

There is no bigger problem in Knox county than any other county. This problem is all across the country.It has nothing to do with the college. Meth heads don't go to school they don't have the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

very funny. haha I am a 60 +yr old retired widow. Go ahead degrade yourself by talking down to me. It makes you look so intelligent.Are you on Meth?
eyeroll

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

if it wasn't for vu this town would be a ghost town.
MOTHER OF ONE

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

info wrote:
who is on the police dept in oaktown? also do the initials s.d,m.m,g.s work there or part of the southern indiana drug task force? any info is good info. i do know the initials d.j h. and his position.
DJ HALTER IS A PEICE OF SHIT PUNK WHO BEATS YOUNG BOYS
petra

Bedford, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

bender wrote:
<quoted text>
did you ever stop to think nobody likes you?
Are you the bender that posted on the old washington forum?
petra

Bedford, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

ok,, you do know thats not yarby,its sid or one of his names. Yarby is a nice lady, not a foul cur.
Lynn

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

They need to limit the availability of sudafed...maybe by prescription only, banning sales to previous drug offenders, or take it off the market. No this wont eliminate the problem but it would be a start? All the law enforcement is doing is sending them to jail where they meet others, learn more, and are back on the street. I cant understand where VU comes into play with the drug problem...meth is all over.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

I think there is too much attention put on the ingredients and not enough on the cause. Why are these people using meth? Its not a generational thing. It spans all ages.What is going on in their lives that causes them to want to use.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

dave wrote:
<quoted text>
you would know.
I have never used meth. not that you deserve to know any thing about me . dave/sid/becky/george who ever you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

geritol
becky you are ignorant

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

becky you are a juvenile, why don't you stop running your mouth to some one old enough to be your grand mother and talk about some thing you know about. Oh wait you are meth use. tell us all about your experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vincennes Discussions

Search the Vincennes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Franklin Elementary (Apr '11) 18 hr Joanna Tesh 23
high heels Jul 26 jim 8
Authorities investigating fatal fire in Knox Co. Jul 26 Peaches 3
Evil VU (Aug '13) Jul 12 concerned 29
Black Panther Mine Jul 9 Rachelle 4
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
Name released in Knox County fatal fire Jun 29 Boss man 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Vincennes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vincennes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE