State police arrest two for possessing, dealing meth in Vincennes

May 7, 2009 Full story: Courierpress.com 30

By Staff Report Originally published 07:56 a.m., May 7, 2009 Updated 07:56 a.m., May 7, 2009 Jodi S. Johnson-Shepherd Jeanette Swope VINCENNES, Ind.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
id10t

Carrollton, TX

#1 Jul 9, 2009
You have to be kidding me that VU caused the METH problem in KNOX COUNTY???(I couldn't comment on the full article) Unbelievable!! VU has been around longer than the long standing meth problem in KNOX, VIGO, SULLIVAN and other Southern Indiana counties. I used to live in KNOX county, and I saw many people get arrested die or totally screw up their lives because of this drug. As long as there is demand, there will be people using and manufacturing this drug, and no amount of law enforcement is going to stop that. I guess everyone that doesn't use a turn signal will have to be stopped and searched........
info

Bloomington, IN

#2 Apr 1, 2010
who is on the police dept in oaktown? also do the initials s.d,m.m,g.s work there or part of the southern indiana drug task force? any info is good info. i do know the initials d.j h. and his position.
info

Bloomington, IN

#3 Apr 1, 2010
and on the side, V.U. is not the problem. its the minority coming from indy to waste a semester and making contacts to traffic. every co has a big meth problem, just students have the money and no parents around mostly. i have a degree from V.U and is a great college
Anonomous

Loogootee, IN

#4 May 9, 2010
Dj holter is those initials
recovering

United States

#5 Jun 10, 2010
I have been clean 4 years 8-17-10: goggle the arrest record for that day. The local Meth problem is not the blame of VU or outside contacts. Trust me the county of Knox Meth heads r totally independent and to blame for their addiction. I've been there, struggled for over ten years
just my opinion

Washington, IN

#6 Jun 12, 2010
you want to get rid of meth in knox county? Stop the revolving door at the jail. Same names over and over aressted and let go. doesn't hurt that part of the biggest cookers in area have relatives on the sheriffs dept either
kbh

Vincennes, IN

#7 Jun 15, 2010
Okay I have a simple suoltion, If people are to be controled about the suds that they can buy, than how about the lithium batteries as well? There are plents of stores that what to meet their budget, so they sell all the lithium batteries WITHOUT a limit or checking ID's. This needs to be put into change as well!!!!!!!!!! Some of us need to speek to the congressmen and women to help put a stop to some of this!!!!!!!!!!
scroll down

United States

#8 Jul 23, 2010
Revolving door is totally right, we tell our kids that the police get drug dealers and users off the streets, yeah right, then why do they get arrested, get their bail reduced with no publicity, get out of jail on bail, then get court dates continued for months meanwhile there they are out in public, won't work, nothing but trash. court system here should be ashamed.
Anonomous

Vincennes, IN

#9 Jul 12, 2011
Knox county will always be a big meth city, it's to easy for farmers or anyone, even though pseudofed is behind counters now and you have to sign does not help im 32 years old and have been down the meth road. People take car loads to lawrenceville, Washington, Princeton to buy boxes. If you wanna cut down on meth which the knox co cannot afford then make pseudofed prescription . And I know mr dj holter, he is crooked and on meth himself his family cooks it. Infact dj used to sell weed. This town will never change, look ten years from now I bet Vincennes will be nothing but the ghetto like bunker hill, or the north end.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 13, 2011
There is no bigger problem in Knox county than any other county. This problem is all across the country.It has nothing to do with the college. Meth heads don't go to school they don't have the time.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 14, 2011
very funny. haha I am a 60 +yr old retired widow. Go ahead degrade yourself by talking down to me. It makes you look so intelligent.Are you on Meth?
eyeroll

Vincennes, IN

#15 Jul 26, 2011
if it wasn't for vu this town would be a ghost town.
MOTHER OF ONE

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 Jul 29, 2011
info wrote:
who is on the police dept in oaktown? also do the initials s.d,m.m,g.s work there or part of the southern indiana drug task force? any info is good info. i do know the initials d.j h. and his position.
DJ HALTER IS A PEICE OF SHIT PUNK WHO BEATS YOUNG BOYS
petra

Bedford, IN

#20 Jul 29, 2011
bender wrote:
<quoted text>
did you ever stop to think nobody likes you?
Are you the bender that posted on the old washington forum?
petra

Bedford, IN

#22 Jul 29, 2011
ok,, you do know thats not yarby,its sid or one of his names. Yarby is a nice lady, not a foul cur.
Lynn

Peoria, IL

#23 Aug 3, 2011
They need to limit the availability of sudafed...maybe by prescription only, banning sales to previous drug offenders, or take it off the market. No this wont eliminate the problem but it would be a start? All the law enforcement is doing is sending them to jail where they meet others, learn more, and are back on the street. I cant understand where VU comes into play with the drug problem...meth is all over.

Location hidden

#24 Aug 4, 2011
I think there is too much attention put on the ingredients and not enough on the cause. Why are these people using meth? Its not a generational thing. It spans all ages.What is going on in their lives that causes them to want to use.

Location hidden

#26 Aug 4, 2011
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
you would know.
I have never used meth. not that you deserve to know any thing about me . dave/sid/becky/george who ever you are.

Location hidden

#28 Aug 5, 2011
geritol
becky you are ignorant

Columbus, IN

#30 Aug 6, 2011
becky you are a juvenile, why don't you stop running your mouth to some one old enough to be your grand mother and talk about some thing you know about. Oh wait you are meth use. tell us all about your experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vincennes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kleysteuber Nov 25 Janice1981 1
oh those Hattons Nov 23 cimerron22 2
Gi posse Christmas time gifts Nov 18 Sara 1
Upper gi posse Nov 18 Ed Donna 1
Gi posse stupid kids Nov 18 Tina 1
WAOV 1450 Country (Feb '12) Nov 18 bradyt 8
Gi posse ( gastro intestinal posse) Nov 11 Bunny bubbly 1

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at November 28 at 8:29AM EST

Vincennes Dating
Find my Match

Vincennes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Vincennes News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vincennes

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:11 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:11PM
Griffin addresses media, says he's here to help the team win
Bleacher Report 2:19 PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
Bleacher Report11:09 PM
Full Rams Preview for Raiders Game
NBC Sports 7:26 AM
Griffin's departure from starting lineup could be temporary