Parents get tips on gangs

Full story: Red Bluff Daily News

Parents should be concerned about their children being in a gang if they are asking for clothing or school supplies in all one color, especially if it is blue or red, according to Tehama County District ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GOTH

West Tehama County, CA

#1 Feb 21, 2006
I think this is a stupid thing. i like the color red. i have alot of red things.other kids would agree with me.
LISTEN

AOL

#2 Apr 4, 2006
HEY THE PROBLEM IS NOT RED ON A CHILD IT IS HOW R.B. HANDLES THERE LAWS I KNOW FOR FIRST HAND MY DAUGHTER IS IN JUVIE NOT BECAUSE GANGE RELATED BECAUSE OUR TOWN CANT DO A PROPER INVESTAGTION. FACE IT R.B. IS GROWING WE NEED TO FOCUSE ON THE DRUGS AND THAT WILL HELP OUR TOWN
MISSIN EDSON RODRIGUEZ

West Tehama County, CA

#3 May 3, 2006
HEY FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT THINK GANS ARE THE WAY TO BE WELL YOUR WRONG,AND IT GOT MY HOMEBOY EDSON NO WHERE!! IF YOU REALLY OPEN UP YOUR EYEZ YOULL SEE THAT COLORS ARENT ANYTHING BUT A COLOR!! I THINK GANGS AND COLOR ARE A WATSE OF TIME AND CAN BE A WATSE OF LIFE!!
RIP EDSON RODRIGUEZ
DECEMBER 6, 1989-FEBUARY 3,2006
HOW I WISH TO SEE YOU SMILE AGAIN LUCKY 1~
ME AND YOU HOMIES FOR LIFE!!!
MISSIN EDSON RODRIGUEZ

West Tehama County, CA

#4 May 3, 2006
GOTH wrote:
I think this is a stupid thing. i like the color red. i have alot of red things.other kids would agree with me.
YEA PEOPLE DO HAVE A LOT OF RED AND SO DO I BUT IF YOU WEAR RED AND SAY YOU CLAIM NORTE IT DOESNT GET YOU ANY WHERE!??
I MEAN IF YOU WEAR RED WEAR IT WITH A DIFFERENT COLOR JUST NOT PLAIN RED.
MISSIN EDSON RODRIGUEZ

West Tehama County, CA

#5 May 3, 2006
LISTEN wrote:
HEY THE PROBLEM IS NOT RED ON A CHILD IT IS HOW R.B. HANDLES THERE LAWS I KNOW FOR FIRST HAND MY DAUGHTER IS IN JUVIE NOT BECAUSE GANGE RELATED BECAUSE OUR TOWN CANT DO A PROPER INVESTAGTION. FACE IT R.B. IS GROWING WE NEED TO FOCUSE ON THE DRUGS AND THAT WILL HELP OUR TOWN
IT NOT REALLY DRUGS THAT ARE TAKIN OVER ITS GANGS
Sam Deol

United States

#6 May 3, 2006
We cannot blame local authorities for the growing problems of gangs. We have to understand that authorities have to follow proper procedure in order to conduct an investigation. The city itself should work towards inacting such policy which would allow local authorities to conduct gang related investigations throughly. We should first identify the key factors which lead to gang formation and then proceed from the roots. For example drugs, most gang affiliated individuals are usually involved in drugs and other illegal activities. We should ensure that the authorities have enough funds to conduct such investigations and have proper gear to ensure their safety as well. Its not that the authorities do not want to get rid of gangs its the matter of their hands being tied as well when it comes to legal procedure. The community as a whole needs to step up in order to resolve gang related matters. Education is a positive enforcement which could be used to inform children of all ages the cost and consequences for joining gangs. I do agree that drugs are a large contributor to gang formation and criminal activity which could be only resolved by proper investigations to ensure that the core of the problem is resolved but do not blame authorities for the problem. If the problem presists their will be no end for gangs, now is the time since the community is not at a high population.
lil lonely boy

United States

#7 Jun 21, 2006
you guys trip on us northerners but we are just trying to live a life style that you cant stop and wont stop
SHYBOY

Chico, CA

#8 Jun 29, 2006
MAN ALL YOU PEOPLE THA THINK YOU CLAIM YOUR ALL STUPID YOU DONT KNOW WANT YOUR GETTING IN TO.YOU ALL WASTTING YOUR LIFE OVER SOME STUDID COLOR. MY HOMIE EDSON TRIED TO CHANGE HIS BUT HIS LIFE WAS TOO SHORT.YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE, SO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.
VCN GANG

United States

#9 Jul 3, 2006
VCN till I Die puto's Varrio CHICO !!!!
anonimus

Morgan Hill, CA

#10 Jul 27, 2006
hey you know what i think taht all of u dont get it and gangs may be a waist of time but it can be stop if the parents of this people start tailking to their sons about what is good to do and what is not so i you really want gangs to desapear start giving some attention to ur son and yull see a big change.
puro sur 13 cabrones!
Chapmontown

Hidalgo, TX

#11 Jul 27, 2006
VCN GANG wrote:
VCN till I Die puto's Varrio CHICO !!!!
Chapmontown California
SocialStigma

Worcester, MA

#13 Nov 14, 2006
stfu it is a way of life when all other paths are closed.
i my self am goign o be a police officer so help solve problems but i understand ehy people do what they do. If i wasnt in a "good" family with my father/mother/brother and ok money and it was my only choice i to would join or starte a gange inorder to survive.
(me just talking and i wont look here again so if u want respond but i dont care because im never ganan be on this page again)
Dont_BE_A_LEVA

Paradise, CA

#14 Dec 4, 2006
anonimus wrote:
hey you know what i think taht all of u dont get it and gangs may be a waist of time but it can be stop if the parents of this people start tailking to their sons about what is good to do and what is not so i you really want gangs to desapear start giving some attention to ur son and yull see a big change.
puro sur 13 cabrones!
if you going to be puttin wanna be gang stuff on here you just a leva because if you really a scrap you put your real name down SCRAP!!!
Rob Crichton

United States

#15 Dec 5, 2006
VCN GANG wrote:
VCN till I Die puto's Varrio CHICO !!!!
You should read the lyrics to a song called "kill yourself" by SOD,(Stormtroopers of Death). Then take their advise.
pay attention

Springfield, MA

#16 Dec 23, 2006
Jesus Christ is the only way to get rid of these gangs. The Lord will over come!!!!! Take your kids to church!!!! Get them off the streets!!
nor-ca

Chico, CA

#17 Dec 28, 2006
Gangs are groups of people that are lost and need to fit it in because of improper upbringing.I have seen lives completely ripped away from good people because of gang violence. Where does being in a gang really get you in life ? Here on earth while your still alive, maybe feeling good for the moment when your gang members eccept you because you just did a deed. But, will they be there for you when you are lying in your coffin,or behind prison bars ? That is what gang members must want in life to either be in prison or dead at an early age.
That is here on earth, after death there is hell and that is for eternity. Think about it... please
Kiki

Tacoma, WA

#18 Jul 1, 2007
YEYA!
ftgolfer

Torrance, CA

#19 Jul 8, 2007
I'm not sure that the majority og the threaders in here can understand the impact that a gang has on a neighborhood. The only way to combat gangs is for vigilant police action to arrest and convict the one's we can't save, and to educate the one's who are on the line. Then we must get into the local schools, churches, etc. and impliment programs to give young men and woman something to do, besides sitting around. If children are idle, the drugs start, then the gangs are not far behind. Theses tasks fall to parents and law enforcement. For the people without kids, but want to be a part of the solution, give of your time and energy in one of the programs. In order to get the kids there, we have to deal with the cost and transportation issues. If a program has a heafty cost to it, the parents aren't going to go for it. If the kids can't get there, they won't come. I think the fact that we have all these polititions trying to do things to "change" HARDCORE gang members is a waste of time. We have to get them young, or the fight's over before it got started. Just some food for thought.

Since: Oct 07

West Tehama County, CA

#21 Nov 13, 2007
look all you wanabe gangstas on here you really need to get a life and dont bring in your stupid gang names in here
missy

Rancho Cordova, CA

#22 Nov 14, 2007
so he issue is that if our children are asking for or wearing to many articles of clothing that are one color we must assume that they are becoming invlved in a gang. first of all parents should be resonsible enouh to take time out of there day and become involved in their childs life. if parents were more informed about the things tha were going color wouldn't be an option because hey child knows better then to become involved in this. if parents took time t spend with there children and informed them of the risks and daners that come with gangs kids wouldn't be o tempted.everyone has th liberty to wear the colorthey want. i have noticed through mymany years of school that even though the school rules may say you can't wear more than two articles of clothig of the same color redor blue, the adminstrators of the schools, dont hold everyone accountable for this rule. for example not to point out any school but in a high school in butte county, thre is a of racial profiling if you are latino you must be involved in a gang one way or another.i remember on of my close friends was wearig a brown shirt with brown pants, right away the vice principal assumed that he was a gangster and senthim to chage yet leter on that day isay the vp talking to a studnt athlete wearing the same outfit as my friend(color wise) the fact that he was wearing too much brown "brown" didn't mean anything to the vp the boy was left along and the tpic was not mentioned. color may represent agang because of what ever reason but we would have all these rules and restrictions in our school if peopl were more informed about the issues with the problem!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 min jay 200,584
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 min JOEL 68,977
Thank you firefighters. 31 min Steve 16
The GOP Tea Bagger House Sues Obama for doing T... 2 hr Another One 6
Police officer brands Ferguson protesters 'rabi... 2 hr mahz 88
Debate: Ferguson - Chico, CA 2 hr Another One 154
Right is wrong claims O. North was the POTUS 2 hr Another One 13
•••
•••
Vina Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Vina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Vina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Vina
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••