10,200 Jehovah Witnesses conferring in Hamilton a " citya s biggest-ever conference

Jan 10, 2013 Full story: Scoop 14

Hamilton City Council Claudelands Events Centre is finishing off the final touches for the city's largest ever conference which begins in Hamilton tomorrow.

Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Maybe nobody knows. But is this "International" Convention in New Zealand, excluding any other "District" Conventions in New Zealand this year? Is there one District Conventions. being the International kind, there this year?
True Christian witness

Pryor, OK

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Go to JW.org , that answer may be found there.
Count Alucard

Monticello, NY

#3 Jan 11, 2013
To all faithful Jehovah Witnesses from your governing body

If you've been looking for something that could propel you to greatness, this is your lucky day. Something huge and benign, like romance or inspiration comes into your life under today's New Moon and sweeps you along for most of the day. Even if you don't fully understand the experience, you have the ability to articulate it beautifully, so write a poem or start a journal. The details will sort themselves out later - for now, you're free to live in the moment.
Skin

Wellington, New Zealand

#4 Jan 20, 2013
Where did the number of 10200 come from? This is almost the total number of witness's in NZ. There were 3 other convention locations around NZ (Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch)at the same time. The actual number that attended the Hamilton Convention on Sunday was 5029.

Since: Jun 11

Australia

#5 Jan 20, 2013
The article reports this as being a conference and it is nothing of the sort.

This is the definition of confer

"con·fer (kn-fūr)
v. con·ferred, con·fer·ring, con·fers
v.tr.
1. To bestow (an honor, for example): conferred a medal on the hero; conferred an honorary degree on her.
2. To invest with (a characteristic, for example): a carefully worded statement that conferred an aura of credibility.
v.intr.
To meet in order to deliberate together or compare views; consult: conferred with her attorney."
True Christian witness

Claremore, OK

#6 Jan 20, 2013
An assembly is a large conference, it is an organized meeting set to an agenda.

Just think everyone in that area was invited to attend, to learn the hope and promise from the Bible of living in a righteous new world. But too bad, only the meek and honest hearted people would be willing to enter among the spiritual family of Almighty God Jehovah, Jesus did say only a few would find the road to eternal life.
Matthew 7:14
fenton foquard Jr

Monticello, NY

#7 Jan 20, 2013
As one thing after another goes wrong, you can't only wonder 'Is the whole Universe against me today?' Look for a reliable friend to step in and save your life, or at the very least, a lot of your valuable time. There's no harm in stumbling, but there's nothing to be gained by actually falling. Don't be too proud to ask for help when you really need it
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jan 20, 2013
4:32 pm, Sunday, January 20, 2013:
RE: 10,200 Jehovah Witnesses conferring in Hamilton a " citya s biggest-ever conference
..... So how many JWs trail God at a time to ensure that all of them witness EXACTLY what God is, and is not, doing that day? Those that attend conferences, are they given a report later of what they have been missing God was doing while they were at the conference?
True Christian witness

Claremore, OK

#9 Jan 20, 2013
Another misguided analysis.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jan 20, 2013
5:12 pm, Sunday, January 20, 2013:
RE: 10,200 Jehovah Witnesses conferring in Hamilton a " citya s biggest-ever conference
..... So can you tell us what God has been witnessed as having been doing and not doing so far today? Did God visit any of the halls of his kingdom?
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#11 Jan 20, 2013
Compare how many times Jesus was mentioned with how many times the "faithful and discreet slave" was mentioned and you will know the real theme and agenda of that convention.

Since: Jun 11

Australia

#12 Jan 20, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
An assembly is a large conference, it is an organized meeting set to an agenda.
Just think everyone in that area was invited to attend, to learn the hope and promise from the Bible of living in a righteous new world. But too bad, only the meek and honest hearted people would be willing to enter among the spiritual family of Almighty God Jehovah, Jesus did say only a few would find the road to eternal life.
Matthew 7:14
I have not seen the JWs use the term conference when referring to an assembly. They will call it a convention. Here is the best description that I can find that shows the difference.

Looking at various dictionaries it would appear that a conference involves delegates speaking to one another (for example a scientific conference where people present their research), while a convention involves delegates meeting for a common purpose (for example a convention on climate change, where some experts inform the delegates).

"So in a conference most delegates would be actively involved in the proceedings, while at a convention a few delegates are actively involved and most are observing the proceedings."

A conference is a meeting to confer on matters whereas a convention is a meeting to convene matters.
True Christian witness

Tulsa, OK

#13 Jan 21, 2013
When a person is self righteous, he has a difficult time adjusting his thinking to anyone's understanding of truth, and can't accept actual facts as true.
Hari Khrisha

Middletown, NY

#14 Jan 21, 2013
My wife is a general internist at a major hospital. I kept bugging her to make me an appointment for a general checkup, but she kept insisting that it would do no good, and may do harm through false positives. I finally stopped asking and decided to trust her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congrats Darren Wilson 14 min Stork 5
put obama on trial from treason 16 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 26
Filibuster: Is turn-about fair play. 17 min I voted did you 84
The righties are proven wrong! 40 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 23
Ferguson is Obema's America 45 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 14
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 70,615
Liberals and their friends DO FERGUSON! 12 hr Anonymous 7
Vina Dating
Find my Match

Vina People Search