Obama Talks Sequester Doom Then Gives...

Obama Talks Sequester Doom Then Gives $1.6 billion to Egypt

Posted in the Vina Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
huh

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#1 Mar 5, 2013
http://www.independentsentinel.com/2013/03/ob...

Actually, the amount is part of a $1.6 billion gift from obama to egypt, including fighter jets.

Egypt this year receives $250 million in economic assistance and $1.3 billion in military aid. Even before the recent unrest, U.S. lawmakers have shown some reluctance to provide funds to Egypt.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-01/egyp...
Progun

Hayward, CA

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Typical. Hey libs, still don't believe he's a Muslim? Fools.
TSQ

Pearl City, HI

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Can I point out to y'all that we've been giving billions of dollars in aid to Egypt for years and began giving them money and assistance since 1979 when we got Egypt and Israel to agree to live peacefully with each other? You can criticize our aid to either Egypt or Israel or both, and I might even join in with you on that, but you've got to know that we've been giving this aid, including billions in military aid, to Egypt for years, including during the years of Ronald Reagan's, George H.W. Bush's, and George W. Bush's presidencies (and Clinton's, too, of course).

You can argue that we should not give Egypt this aid- but I bet many Republicans and conservatives and Israelis, too, would disagree with you because it might lead to destabilizing effects in Egypt with repercussions for other countries in the Middle East including Israel- but don't lay it all at the feet of the "liberal" Obama. Obama isn't doing this because he is a liberal in this case (although I agree that he is a liberal in domestic politics), but because he is a pragmatist, or trying to be one, in foreign policy. Criticize him if you want, but know on what grounds you should be doing it and know that presidents before him have done exactly the same thing as he is doing now. Thanks for "listening" if you got this far.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#6 Mar 6, 2013
TSQ wrote:
Can I point out to y'all that we've been giving billions of dollars in aid to Egypt for years and began giving them money and assistance since 1979 when we got Egypt and Israel to agree to live peacefully with each other? You can criticize our aid to either Egypt or Israel or both, and I might even join in with you on that, but you've got to know that we've been giving this aid, including billions in military aid, to Egypt for years, including during the years of Ronald Reagan's, George H.W. Bush's, and George W. Bush's presidencies (and Clinton's, too, of course).
You can argue that we should not give Egypt this aid- but I bet many Republicans and conservatives and Israelis, too, would disagree with you because it might lead to destabilizing effects in Egypt with repercussions for other countries in the Middle East including Israel- but don't lay it all at the feet of the "liberal" Obama. Obama isn't doing this because he is a liberal in this case (although I agree that he is a liberal in domestic politics), but because he is a pragmatist, or trying to be one, in foreign policy. Criticize him if you want, but know on what grounds you should be doing it and know that presidents before him have done exactly the same thing as he is doing now. Thanks for "listening" if you got this far.
I see that you are out and about defending obama....again.
obama has changed many things in a fundamental manner.
The fact that you say it is ok for him to give billions to radical muslims because other pres.'s did it, is far beneath you....and quite frankly it is insulting to most folks intelligence.
Soooo, go on and continue to claim to not be an obama apologist, and continue to justify his actions......like a true obama ideologue.

Have a nice day.
TSQ

Pearl City, HI

#7 Mar 6, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are out and about defending obama....again.
obama has changed many things in a fundamental manner.
The fact that you say it is ok for him to give billions to radical muslims because other pres.'s did it, is far beneath you....and quite frankly it is insulting to most folks intelligence.
Soooo, go on and continue to claim to not be an obama apologist, and continue to justify his actions......like a true obama ideologue.
Have a nice day.
I NEVER said it was OK for him to give billions to radical Muslims because other presidents have done it (By the way, the Egyptian military is not run by radical Muslims, is it? They are actually a bulwark against the Egyptian president in some ways, aren't they? You must know that, right?). I was explaining WHY it was being done. I took no position on it at all. IN FACT, I actually wrote that I might agree with some of the criticisms of him! Why didn't you see that in what I wrote?

You have an unfortunate tendency to not actually read what I write, but to project your own ideas on to it right away. Do you want to take another stab at what I actually wrote or would you rather just pretend I fit some cookie cutter mold of an Obama apologist? Really, sir, I am much more nuanced than that! And you should be a much more careful reader instead of just jumping to reflexive conclusions (to mangle metaphors). You, too have a nice day, evening by now.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#8 Mar 7, 2013
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER said it was OK for him to give billions to radical Muslims because other presidents have done it (By the way, the Egyptian military is not run by radical Muslims, is it? They are actually a bulwark against the Egyptian president in some ways, aren't they? You must know that, right?). I was explaining WHY it was being done. I took no position on it at all. IN FACT, I actually wrote that I might agree with some of the criticisms of him! Why didn't you see that in what I wrote?
You have an unfortunate tendency to not actually read what I write, but to project your own ideas on to it right away. Do you want to take another stab at what I actually wrote or would you rather just pretend I fit some cookie cutter mold of an Obama apologist? Really, sir, I am much more nuanced than that! And you should be a much more careful reader instead of just jumping to reflexive conclusions (to mangle metaphors). You, too have a nice day, evening by now.
That's your story. Morsi called Israel citizens descendants of pigs, and the egyptian military is supporting him.
Is this just a partnership of expediency, or are is the (obama administration) being played for fools....or are they buying some friends with our hard earned taxpayer dollars?
In any case, obama was on tv whining about the effects (in the U.S.) of sequester cuts, and then he GAVE away billions to muslims in eqypt? WTF?
It would seem that obama is quick to give away billions overseas while U.S. citizens suffer.
Face it. You are an obama apologist who simply cannot justify the knee jerk inconsistant, ineffective performance of his highness.......the spender in chief.

oh ya....have a nice day.

In the meantime
Tea Party Solution

United States

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your story. Face it. You are an obama apologist who simply cannot justify the knee jerk inconsistant, ineffective performance of his highness.......the spender in chief.
TSQ pointed out the obvious fact that you didn't actually read what he wrote, and you can only say, "That's your story." He's NOT an "Obama apologist"-- in fact he made that point very clear.

But you, Loco, are a complete rightwing-nut Obama HATER. And as such, facts don't matter. You are the knee-jerker-- you hate everything about Obama and you lied about what TSQ said in support of your lock-stepping hate.

Just like you couldn't admit the fact that Clinton AND the repubs BOTH repealed Glass-Steagal, you also are blind to the fact that foreign spending bills come from congress.

Here's the facts from the rightwing site, The Blaze:

"New money will continue to be available under the terms of a six-month government funding bill that passed the House last week and faces a Senate procedural vote on Wednesday. The measure allows for almost $130 million a month in military and economic aid to Egypt since it permits aid to flow at the same rate as current funding."

To New Readers:
Local, aka Loco and Local Idiot, is a staunch rightwing nut who repeatedly lies and ignores facts. He's a typical Obama-hating rightie who's political information comes solely from the delusional rightwing bubble. He won't/ can't actually respond to points that are made. In his delusional world you are either an Obama-hater or an Obama-lover.

Local's simpleton mind has no room for nuance, facts, or honest conversation.
Fuggus

Rochester, PA

#10 Mar 10, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… Eye Dreaming
dumb lir obama
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#12 Mar 10, 2013
btw,
nobama is still spending billions and billions per month in Iraq/Afghanistan.
for a guy who's campaign promised to end the wars back in 2008, he is sure taking his sweet time, and..........it may turn out that ending the wars was exactly the wrong thing to do(if he ever, in fact, gets the job done.

Removing U.S. soldiers, and then hiring "private contractors" in their stead, is not ending the war(s).
It is transferring the ongoing costs of war from the U.S. military, to CIA/FBI operations.
more slick political maneuvering from this disingenuous administration.
TSQ

Pearl City, HI

#13 Mar 10, 2013
Local wrote:
btw,
...Iraq/Afghanistan...for a guy who's campaign promised to end the wars back in 2008...
You've got your facts wrong AGAIN on this point. Do you want to correct yourself like a mature adult or do you want to suffer the embarrassment of having someone else do it for you because you took no action? I'll give you a day or two. What could you possibly have written that is so wrong? Can you figure it out? Maybe it has something to do with confusing what Obama said he would do about Iraq as opposed to Afghanistan. It was only 4 and 1/2 years ago. Have you forgotten already or don't you care about the specifics of what Obama ACTUALLY said?
Thanks Mr President

United States

#15 Mar 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
About 90 percent of what oslama said has turned out to be lies......
This from the Liar from Puerto Vallarta? Ahahahahahaha thank god Mexico has accepted your stupid! They have saved AMERICANS millions of dollars in our public expenses.

Thank you President Obama for convincing this POS to Self Deport. It may be One of your most important accomplishments. We, Real Americans, are grateful.

Perhaps, by tapping into his anger, he can once again bring Millions and Millions of Moderates to vote for the Democratic Party at the MidTerm Elections.
bringing the goat along

Amity, OR

#17 Mar 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
Look like I will be in Ca the end of April again..........LOL
And once more the chickens will not show up for lunch.....
Ahahahahahahaha, Hohohohohohoho, Ahahahahahaha
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#18 Mar 11, 2013
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got your facts wrong AGAIN on this point. Do you want to correct yourself like a mature adult or do you want to suffer the embarrassment of having someone else do it for you because you took no action? I'll give you a day or two. What could you possibly have written that is so wrong? Can you figure it out? Maybe it has something to do with confusing what Obama said he would do about Iraq as opposed to Afghanistan. It was only 4 and 1/2 years ago. Have you forgotten already or don't you care about the specifics of what Obama ACTUALLY said?
Obama was campaigning at least one year(more like 2 years) before the 2008 election.....that was 6 years ago. Do you disagree? prove it.

obama promised to get out of Iraq, and win in Afghan.
We continue to spend billions per month in Iraq/Afghan.
Do you disagree? prove me wrong.

It would seem that YOU have the errant memory.
Tea Party Solution

Dunnigan, CA

#19 Mar 11, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
We continue to spend billions per month in Iraq/Afghan.
Do you disagree? prove me wrong.
No wonder you continually claim that President Obama is some sort of monarch... in your simpleton world a president IS a monarch.(You just wish that this monarch was republicon).

We ARE continuing to spend big money in Afghanistan and Iraq, the wars that Bush began, and the costs of which he took off the books.

President Obama put these costs back onto the books, by the way.

Among the many things you don't understand is that the money for these wars is passed by congress. The president is not a monarch.

"Congress may also pass "special" or "emergency" appropriations...Special appropriations have been used to fund most of the costs of war and occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan so far."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_fe...

Bush started these two wars and left them for Obama to finish. Congress, including the tea party House, passes the appropriations for paying for these wars and their clean-up. Then Obama signs the bills.

There's plenty of blame to share-- but in your simpleton world just Obama is at fault.
TWP

Anna, TX

#20 Mar 11, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>

There's plenty of blame to share...
Oh come on Road Toa d...!

Do you REALLY believe for one second that ANYONE is going to believe that YOU, the most hyper-partisan, Obama "Hero-Worshiping" fanatic on God's green earth is genuinely trying to be "reasonable" politically...?

Get a clue Bozo...!

No one likes you and NO ONE trusts you...

You have poisoned the well and burned the bridges...

And there is NO GOING BACK from here...!

Your "scorched earth" politics has branded you a outcast even among your own kind in the Criminal Democrat Machine in California and NOW you start trying to play the "Reasonable Mr. Nice Guy" who wants to spread the blame around for this political "nightmare" YOU created...?!!!

NOT A CHANCE ROAD TOA D...!!!

Remember this...?

"I believe in the P.T. Barnum strategy: if you want to draw a crowd, start a fight. I love fights..."
-Bob the Nob

You really have lost your mind Bob...!!!

http://www.merrystandish.com/dolanloses.html
TSQ

Pearl City, HI

#21 Mar 11, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>

...obama promised to get out of Iraq, and win in Afghan...
That is EXACTLY RIGHT! Do you see how that was different, though, from what you first wrote that I tried to draw your attention to?
TSQ

Pearl City, HI

#22 Mar 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
About 90 percent of what oslama said has turned out to be lies......
How do you calculate those statistics? You would have to review everything he and/or his campaign and/or administration has/have ever said and then evaluate all of this information for its truth content, baring in mind that much of what is said is purely subjective, without the possibility of doing objective analysis (coming to clear true-false conclusions) on it. How would that ever be physically or humanly possible? I have got to conclude that your 90% figure is total conjecture as it seems highly unlikely that you could find statistical confirmation for your hypothesis. But if you have such data, I am all ears (eyes). Thank you.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#23 Mar 12, 2013
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is EXACTLY RIGHT! Do you see how that was different, though, from what you first wrote that I tried to draw your attention to?
Both eventualities imply and "end".
What's your point besides attempting to be pleasantly insulting?
Employing chickensheiit semantics is beneath you(or at least it should be).
I stand by my statements.

Especially where I have determined that you are an nobama apologist.
You have been flushed out of the bushes as the closet liberal that you are. Deal with it like a man instead of pretending to be some sort of
benign observer.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#24 Mar 12, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
TSQ pointed out the obvious fact that...blah, blah, blah!!!!
Just like you ....blah, blah, blah!!!
TSQ and you make a fine pair. EVERYONE knows that you are a tried and true liberal loon and a noabama apologist.
The fact that you and he agree on many points should be a wake up call for him.....but it isn't.........enuff said.

To new readers;
The poster named “Tea Party Solution” is not a member of the tea party. He has been proven to be a liar and a coward who will spin information to fit his true ideology…..a radical left wing progressive.
Anyone reading his posts should check and verify any of his so called facts. The fact that he uses the term “tea party” in his name exemplifies his patently dishonest nature and his disingenuous persona.
Readers beware of any information provided by the poster “Tea Party Solution”.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#25 Mar 12, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
TSQ and you make a fine pair. EVERYONE knows that you are a tried and true liberal loon and a noabama apologist.
The fact that you and he agree on many points should be a wake up call for him.....but it isn't.........enuff said.
TSQ and I agree that you won't actually read what we post-- and put words in our mouths instead.

My post said, "There's plenty of blame to share-- but in your simpleton world just Obama is at fault." You're a knee-jerk Obama hater and EVERYONE knows it.

To New Readers:
Local, aka Loco and Local Idiot, is a staunch rightwing nut who repeatedly lies and ignores facts. He's a typical Obama-hating rightie who's political information comes solely from the delusional rightwing bubble. He won't/ can't actually respond to points that are made. In his delusional world you are either an Obama-hater or an Obama-lover.

Local's simpleton mind has no room for nuance, facts, or honest conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Orwell 1984 is Resurrected. 35 min JimmyJack 5
David Duke part of the Deep State 5 hr Sebastian 34
OBAMA SPENT TOO MUCH on VACATIONS? 7 hr Glad One is Gone 3
These are HISTORICAL TIMES 11 hr Big Brother 19
THIS is a WARNING...WARNING...WARNING Mon GRANDPA NICOLAI 5
EvangeliKLANS: It's the RAPTURE!!!!! REJOICE!!!... Mon iWANTitALLnow 1
If you HATE the RepubliKLAN TrumpanZEES God, Gi... Mon Its A Sign 1

Vina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance