A mom

Ville Platte, LA

#1 Mar 2, 2014
New in town. Does anyone know about the Christian schools here? There is Christian heritage, Christian academy and the catholic school. What are their reputations? Not impressed after driving by them although Christian academy has a nice building. What are the teachers like? Are they qualified?
2cute

Ville Platte, LA

#2 Mar 9, 2014
A mom wrote:
New in town. Does anyone know about the Christian schools here? There is Christian heritage, Christian academy and the catholic school. What are their reputations? Not impressed after driving by them although Christian academy has a nice building. What are the teachers like? Are they qualified?
I think you'd be better off looking at Eunice or Opelousas because there's something not good going on w/ Christian Acadamy and Sacred Heart has a horrible administration that has run off countless teachers and students. Good luck!
A mom

Ville Platte, LA

#3 Mar 10, 2014
I heard about Christian Heritage it's not going well. They've lost a lot of students and I heard they will not be open next year. I also heard there church in town has also lost most of their members. Does anyone know why? Who owns the school or who runs it?
Dawn

Ville Platte, LA

#4 Mar 16, 2014
Christian Heritage WILL be open next year. It is a good school. But it has had some,issues...just like any other school, business, and people do.
options

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jun 30, 2014
A mom wrote:
Villeplatte has a lot to offer and many students are transferring there. Christian academy isa new school that offers 1 on 1 time. Worth checking into..Christian academy been around don't know much about them..Sacred Heart here a lot of complaints but that's everywhere.
VP mom

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jun 30, 2014
2cute wrote:
<quoted text> I think you'd be better off looking at Eunice or Opelousas because there's something not good going on w/ Christian Acadamy and Sacred Heart has a horrible administration that has run off countless teachers and students. Good luck!
really Eunice like u gonna drive that far every morning and evening. We have many good schools in VP
VP mom 2

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jun 30, 2014
A mom wrote:
I heard about Christian Heritage it's not going well. They've lost a lot of students and I heard they will not be open next year. I also heard there church in town has also lost most of their members. Does anyone know why? Who owns the school or who runs it?
idk what's going on with CHA but its like any other so they say. I don't fine telling students they can't stay or complete school just BC they decide as if they God..then I guess yes they awesome..Sacred Heart its got drama lately but I'm sure its a good school if u focus on education and not other BS. K12 Christian Academy is new it had ups and downs due to first year but parents that were with them last year are saying good things. Mine go to ville Platte high. No complaints here
attended all

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2014
Christian Academy isn't eligible to give high school diplomas by the state. They also get off around noon every day. Ville Platte High School is an amazing school, so many classes are offered. Sacred Heart is a joke right now. Christian Heritage I went to when I was in the 3rd grade. Being that I'm a Senior enrolled in VPHS I do not know much about Christian Heritage. Also whatever they say about VPHS that it's a bunch of blacks and they have a bunch of fights that is just racist bastards saying that. It really isn't.
CHA NO MORE

Elton, LA

#9 Aug 7, 2014
They r all 2 faced .
Jack

Austin, TX

#10 Aug 11, 2014
Good school!
Kellie Fontenot

Austin, TX

#11 Aug 13, 2014
CHA NO MORE wrote:
They r all 2 faced .
They all display their names at CHA but where is yours Mrs. CHA NO MORE?? I have 3 Children who have been at this school for years and my kids love it. They went to a public school ( well my 2 oldest) then I switched because education and teachers (THAT WERE CERTIFIED) didn't give a damn about my kids. School is doing good and the church is also. Instead of bashing on here show up and school and they would let u talk to other patents and get there opinion.
CHA NO MORE

Elton, LA

#12 Aug 14, 2014
Well Kellie Fontenot, how do you even know I'm a Mrs to begin with? And I have been associated with CHA for more than a decade and I don't recognize your name at all. It's only this year that I have nothing to do with them. I was there when the Pikers ran the school and Pastor Stephen and Sarhia. So if I don't know you I will not display my name. I have nothing against the school r curriculum and there r amazing people there such as Monique Deville, Cindy LaPrairie. As for the rest I am in titled to my opinion and it is that the administration sucks and know one will change my mind so I will say how I feel and if I feel my name is needed than I will display it for you Mrs. Kellie Fontenot but till then I am CHA NO MORE.
Parent

Elton, LA

#13 Aug 14, 2014
I am surprised that this is still going on about talking about the different schools in VP especially about CHA. This started last year and got out of hands. Last year they trashed teachers names on this side that had nothing to do with anything going on at CHA and the parents that were talking on this side. Yes teachers left for different reasons this year but not all because of the way the administration was run. Every body has a choice where they would like to work. So if you CHA NO MORE do not like CHA or the administration just let it go. Every school has its problems here and there but the teaching and curriculum at CHA is great. Maybe praying about all this to stop and believing in a positive change will help anybody.
Dawn

Ville Platte, LA

#14 Aug 15, 2014
I could care less who is who on these posts that do nothing but bash CHA. I have been on both sides of this argument but am still there. Reason being, regardless of what my personal feelings are, I know that this is a good school. I like the curriculum. Some of the staff there lack a lot...but that is my own opinion. As far as the admin there...they have their good and bad qualities. I have seen both...in and out of school! Just like the rest of us! No one is perfect!
I have heard so many different stories.
One that said many of the church elders left the church when pastor Stephen decided to stay. Really? I know this is a non denominational church but in just about every church...other than maybe Mormans, the elders or members decide who stays or gos as for as pastors go! That's why they have boards and elders and biusness meetings to begin with. No pastor is given that much power. Again, I'm nit a member there but why would there be elders if they have no power?
Simply saying, too many different stories exist.
I have had my issues there. I'm certain more will arise. Right now, I'm just praying and trusting that Gods will, will prevail with CHA. We may not like it. But it is what must be.
As for the Sawtell's...I believe they are all wonderful people. But again, they are human. We ALL have our faults. Running away from them doesn't make you justified!
Dawn

Ville Platte, LA

#15 Aug 15, 2014
And before one of you can bash me for supporting them when I have misspelled words...
Forgive me for my imperfections...I am obviously just a human!
Girls2

Austin, TX

#16 Aug 21, 2014
A mom wrote:
Are you actually interested in the building for your children or staff and education and their education??? Christian Heritage students I know as a fact that when they graduate they have grants and don't have to fool around with remedial classes once in college.

#1 for starters find out the owners of the school ?
#2 for starters find out the staff of the school?
#3 for starters find out about the circulation of
The what they use??
#4 Ask questions and make sure they answer the questions without lies one school chooses to NOT give the name of the owners nor ever meet them.. One school refuses to say who the owners are much meet them. That is a huge red flag.
Hope that helps out.
aparent

Austin, TX

#17 Sep 1, 2014
CHA NO MORE wrote:
Well Kellie Fontenot, how do you even know I'm a Mrs to begin with? And I have been associated with CHA for more than a decade and I don't recognize your name at all. It's only this year that I have nothing to do with them. I was there when the Pikers ran the school and Pastor Stephen and Sarhia. So if I don't know you I will not display my name. I have nothing against the school r curriculum and there r amazing people there such as Monique Deville, Cindy LaPrairie. As for the rest I am in titled to my opinion and it is that the administration sucks and know one will change my mind so I will say how I feel and if I feel my name is needed than I will display it for you Mrs. Kellie Fontenot but till then I am CHA NO MORE.
It's probably a blessing to the school n staff you are not there anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ville Platte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Hogg 2 hr Owen 35
rusty bordelon 2 hr Mark 4
Sheriff's Election 5 hr Vantel 35
Beauty Pageants 17 hr doddy 13
Speed traps 17 hr doddy 8
What happened to daphne zackery ex husband Tony... 21 hr tiff 2
News Justice Department announces Ville Platte Polic... May 16 Sansou 21
More from around the web

Ville Platte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE