Who is the best vet in Eunice??

Posted in the Ville Platte Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
X-Marine

United States

#1 Aug 12, 2010
who is the best veterinarian in Eunice? Im from Crowley and Dr. Ned cut some ears for a friend of mine a while back and they came out great and it was cheap...he gets my vote but who else is in Eunice??
Animal Lover

Eunice, LA

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Dr. Ned is the best!! I have been dealing with him for 13 years and love him and his staff. There is Dr.Tim Deshotel and Northside Animal Hospital and then there is the guy who took over Dr. Millers practice
cajun cooker

Opelousas, LA

#3 Aug 12, 2010
I think ned is great. dr. tim & dr. fontenot are both good they just seem to always want to do test that are not needed. and they are more costly then ned. although sometimes ned seems hard, its just he tells it like it is and is not going to do stuff that is not needed to your animal or prolong its life just to make money. anyway dr. ned has my vote.(been dealing with him for 25 years)
Frey

New Iberia, LA

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Dr. Jerome Fontenot at Miller Veterinary has my vote.
Fontenot

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2010
Dr Ned is the KING of EAR CUTTING!!!
Pet Lover

Mandeville, LA

#6 Aug 13, 2010
Fontenot wrote:
Dr Ned is the KING of EAR CUTTING!!!
ear cutting is cruel and barbaric. what about if your dog doesn't like the looks of your ears. do you think they should cut them. any vet who does this should be charged with animal cruelty.
whiteguy

Opelousas, LA

#7 Aug 13, 2010
Pet Lover wrote:
<quoted text>ear cutting is cruel and barbaric. what about if your dog doesn't like the looks of your ears. do you think they should cut them. any vet who does this should be charged with animal cruelty.
OMG!! who let in the crazy. I bet your a liberal and I bet you voted for Obama
Anonymous

Mandeville, LA

#9 Aug 14, 2010
Best Vet in Eunice, Nedrick !! Hands down !!!

Since: Dec 09

Covington, LA

#10 Aug 15, 2010
whiteguy wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!! who let in the crazy. I bet your a liberal and I bet you voted for Obama
ha ha you are right!! an she probably has a nose and boob job ha ha
Bob

Roseville, CA

#11 Aug 24, 2010
I prefer the vets at the VFW
Teacher

Lafayette, LA

#12 Aug 25, 2010
Ned. He's cheap, he's fast, and he's efficient. He also understands that while pet lovers care for their animals immensely, they can't afford to pay through the nose to keep them healthy.
whatever

New Iberia, LA

#13 Aug 25, 2010
Teacher wrote:
Ned. He's cheap, he's fast, and he's efficient. He also understands that while pet lovers care for their animals immensely, they can't afford to pay through the nose to keep them healthy.
He also doesn't treat the animals very well and I know someone who brought their dog to Nedric to be fixed and the dog ended up pregnant anyway. When Nedric was called, he said there was no way and they must be crazy. When the dog went into labor he had the gall to charge them to perform a c-section on a dog that he supposedly fixed that wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant.
Fontenot

United States

#14 Aug 25, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
He also doesn't treat the animals very well and I know someone who brought their dog to Nedric to be fixed and the dog ended up pregnant anyway. When Nedric was called, he said there was no way and they must be crazy. When the dog went into labor he had the gall to charge them to perform a c-section on a dog that he supposedly fixed that wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant.
Theres no way that a fixed dog can get Pregnant i doubt that was a mistake on the half of the Vet, more like your friend probably didnt know what they were talking about...KINNA LIKE YOU!!
whatever

New Iberia, LA

#15 Aug 26, 2010
Fontenot wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres no way that a fixed dog can get Pregnant i doubt that was a mistake on the half of the Vet, more like your friend probably didnt know what they were talking about...KINNA LIKE YOU!!
The point is that the dog went to the vet to be fixed and came home not fixed. The point of the story is that Nedric didn't fix the dog even though he said he did. Apparently you're the one that doesn't fully know what you're talking about or at least incapable of fully understanding. The whole point of the story is, what kind of vet performs surgery on a dog to fix it but the dog comes home not fixed. What the heck did he perform surgery on???
Eunice Resident

Eunice, LA

#16 Aug 26, 2010
Dr. Jerome Fontenot, who now runs Miller Vet, has always taken very good care of my cat. I have no complaints.
Fontenot

United States

#17 Aug 27, 2010
Im sure it was some kind of a mix up but i doubt it was on Dr. Ned's fault
peep this

Opelousas, LA

#18 Aug 28, 2010
Dr. Ned Fruge he's awesome, cheap, and he has a real passion for animal. He explains things very well and does not just try things on animal he knows exactly what to do. Do not go to Coreil in Ville Platte unless u really have to! And Bellvue animal clinic in opelousas is extremely high priced! I've been dealing with Dr Fruge for 4 years now and I can only hope that he stays in his practice for many years to come
BKC

Opelousas, LA

#19 Aug 31, 2010
1) Don't take your dog to the vet clinic that is in the curve on Hwy 13. Deshotel, I think is the docs name there.
I took my dog there after it was attacked by a pit bull for a check up... he kept him awhile, charged me 80 bucks, and told me he just had a few scratches and would be fine. Come to find out later when I took my dog to a real vet for something unrelated, he had suffered a broken rib that healed crooked. That was years ago and you can still feel it to this day.
How the hell do you overlook a broken rib, I want to know?
2) If you're willing to make the drive, take your pet to Dr. Kevin at Bellevue Animal Clinic just outside of Sunset. You won't regret it. I assure you that your pet will be treated by someone who cares about animals, not how much money they can make off of a person concerned about their pet.
The other vets in Eunice besides Deshotel may be good, I have no idea since I haven't dealt with them, but I know that of the two I have dealt with one of them is very bad, and one is very good.
cajunlady

United States

#20 Aug 31, 2010
Dr. Nedrick
Jehins

Detroit, MI

#21 Oct 11, 2010
I love Dr. Turner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ville Platte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
exposing the truth Bailey Hotel (Jun '15) Wed Agreed 2
Lauren Richard Jan 16 Who 3
Alicia Vidrine Jan 16 Lets know 6
Mayor Jan 14 Yep 6
Tropical Car Wash (Jan '13) Jan 11 girl 26
the worse new mom of the year award goes to Tis... (Jul '14) Jan 11 cowboy 3
Kevin Gradney Jan 7 Creole337 1

Ville Platte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance