ville platte police department under ...

ville platte police department under investigation

Posted in the Ville Platte Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Ville Platte, LA

#1 Mar 11, 2009
I think this is about time. The police department does nothing. Whenever I have had to call them in the past they either never respond or they take 30 minutes to an hour to respond And that is after I have called three or for times. Even after calling several times they sometimes still dont respond.
Bye Bye Ville Platte High

Ville Platte, LA

#2 Mar 20, 2009
Dam it you better move! I have also lived here all my life and have never called the police!
I Know

Ville Platte, LA

#3 Mar 20, 2009
I lived here all my life of 44 years and never had to call the police once. Why are you calling the police so many times? Maybe they just tired of you calling!!!
VPPD COP

Madison, MS

#4 May 18, 2011
When u only have two officers on the road with average of 40 calls a shift it gets a lot hard
laughingatyou

Mandeville, LA

#5 Aug 30, 2011
people in towns want to complain about the "Services" they get from their town, but when it comes to a tax election to better pay the people that protect them, they vote it down. SO, next time you got to a tax election for police pay, maybe you should be assaulted by a criminal right before you go into the poll to remind you of what your voting for...police officers in small towns of Evangeline Parish are paid so poorly, they qualify for food stamps and government assistance...and you wonder why it takes so long for service??? Then when they do enforce the law, ya'll complain cause they "harassing" or "profiling" or "violating your rights". In the old days, the police just beat the crap out of everyone that gave trouble and things were much better for society overall...When people talked back or smartmouthed the police, they got the crap beat out of them.....ah, the good old days !!!
city cop

Ville Platte, LA

#6 Sep 2, 2011
pass a tax and then they can provide better service. But the Cheif has to be proactive which Neal is not!
Queen Latifa

Walker, LA

#7 Sep 7, 2011
Since we have officers involved in this mini chat, this is fantastic! We need much improvement! Our officers are facing too much crap on the daily and our budget is a joke. The quality of life in our state, for the most part, is poo! Our current Chief and certain others, allow way too much to slide! The scum of vp alone sets the bar for the future of our town, so ya might as well flush! I for one respect and am greatful for what little police force we are still allowed to have. There are so many of us un able to protect ourselves fully. We're not livin' way back in the ol'e West either. The scum have guns and our cops have guns. And all too many people have no verbal support, or support of any kind for our police. Yet when they are in trouble they call for help. Why bash our police? We need more and a stronger presence and the focus should be on our civil liberties,(for all of us). This town used to be a nice place to live in. I just think it is ashame that all too many people jump on the wagon for bashing our local police, when the problem isn't due to them at all. Support our police all the way and remove from office the ones who favor the drug heads and pushers. Be active and participate and vote. Give a damn and yes, maybe in due time, we might see our town reduce it's cancer.
joe

Ville Platte, LA

#8 Sep 7, 2011
city cop wrote:
pass a tax and then they can provide better service. But the Cheif has to be proactive which Neal is not!
No new taxes... however city court is sitting on a mountain of money that could easily be distributed to the police for more man power, better pay, and more training. no new taxes... too few pay for too many in this city. did i say a mountain?
CRT

Pollock, LA

#9 Nov 2, 2011
Okay, first of all, I know just about everyone on VPPD from the dispatchers to the chief. The officer I am married to is very good at his job. All the officers I am friends with are very good at their jobs as well. Secondly, I can speak for many others when I say this, My husband and the rest of VPPD wouldn’t have signed up to be an officer if they were going to sit around all day, listen to every excuse in the world as to why you don’t have your license or why you robbed the store or anything else for that matter, just to say “Okay, well you only kind of robbed the store, so we’re going to let you go.” NO!! They signed up to protect the people of this country and not take any crap from anyone. Better yet, they signed up to protect us… The People of VILLE PLATTE! Go ahead and tell me I’m wrong…
TICKLED

Ville Platte, LA

#10 Nov 2, 2011
The officers are not the problem, their leadership is the problem. these officers are not paid nearly enough for what they do, therefore they leave to go to other agencies and leave us with new officers with little, to no experience. The problem with taxes for the police dept., is that they always want it to be a property tax, and not a sales tax. This means that the part of society,(people of the "hood") that use up most of the police resources are not the ones paying for it. Also, yeras ago, a property tax was instituted for police, and fireman. this tax still exists, and yet the policemen, and firemen have never seen a raise in pay. Where is this money going?
VP CITIZEN

Glenmora, LA

#11 Nov 2, 2011
Curfew worked great but the democrats don't like it cause it violates their rights to commit acts of violence and theft. Get a grip, it's not the city PD OR their Chief, it's the ones who continuously want the free hand outs that cause all the trouble. Keep voting democrat and see where it goes

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 3, 2011
VP CITIZEN wrote:
Curfew worked great but the democrats don't like it cause it violates their rights to commit acts of violence and theft. Get a grip, it's not the city PD OR their Chief, it's the ones who continuously want the free hand outs that cause all the trouble. Keep voting democrat and see where it goes
you've Hit The Nail On The Head!!!!!
big pimpin

Toledo, OH

#13 Nov 3, 2011
Schizophrenic wrote:
<quoted text>you've Hit The Nail On The Head!!!!!
Y do u think it's just democrats that started the problem of the curfew. I am a democrat and I think the curfew was a great idea. It was the thugs and low life trash that cried about it so they can do wrong.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#14 Nov 3, 2011
It needs to start with the chief. He doesn't live in town an use a false address just to run for office. Where is all u law abiding citizens who want say r do anything about this. The mayor and the whole city council know this, the District Attorney both present an past allowed him to break the law. They need to come down on the police department.
Trooper

Ville Platte, LA

#15 Nov 3, 2011
I agree Mercyme12, Neal needs to go. This must be brought in front of a Judge from another parish to rule on him violating the Lawrson Act
VP CITIZEN

Bunkie, LA

#16 Nov 3, 2011
big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>
Y do u think it's just democrats that started the problem of the curfew. I am a democrat and I think the curfew was a great idea. It was the thugs and low life trash that cried about it so they can do wrong.
"democrat" was just a nice way of referring to the thugs
big pimpin

Toledo, OH

#17 Nov 3, 2011
VP CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>"democrat" was just a nice way of referring to the thugs
Ok brother I was just saying that not all democrat's are against it. Ville Platte needs to do what ever it has to do to clean the streets up again.
foot on my neck

Mamou, LA

#18 Nov 4, 2011
VP CITIZEN wrote:
this comment has racial under tones

United States

#19 Nov 4, 2011
laughingatyou wrote:
people in towns want to complain about the "Services" they get from their town, but when it comes to a tax election to better pay the people that protect them, they vote it down. SO, next time you got to a tax election for police pay, maybe you should be assaulted by a criminal right before you go into the poll to remind you of what your voting for...police officers in small towns of Evangeline Parish are paid so poorly, they qualify for food stamps and government assistance...and you wonder why it takes so long for service??? Then when they do enforce the law, ya'll complain cause they "harassing" or "profiling" or "violating your rights". In the old days, the police just beat the crap out of everyone that gave trouble and things were much better for society overall...When people talked back or smartmouthed the police, they got the crap beat out of them.....ah, the good old days !!!

They know what the pay is before they apply for the dam job an the citizens of ville platte voted for a tax an our good old polishitians used the money for something else r put the money to use somewhere else in their pockets like all the crooked shit that goes on in Evangeline Parish. Next if the chief is breaking the law by not living in town how can anyone respect the law.

Detroit, MI

#20 Nov 7, 2011
VPPD COP wrote:
When u only have two officers on the road with average of 40 calls a shift it gets a lot hard
Then y u applied for the dam job u knew the pay an situation before u applied ok. An if the chief an the police officers r doing a great job then y in the hell we need a curfew ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ville Platte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eunice police officer, Vardeo Guillory, arrested. 6 min Another Friend 3
Looking for customers for my new massage parlor... (Mar '12) 35 min Tnt 33
Raffle for rusty carrier 21 hr aggravated 6
who won Rusty's raffle prizes ? Mon Josh 3
Where is the discount grocery store? Sun Lynn 2
Chucky bby (Feb '14) Sun Margret 48
Dustin Johnson Sun Zane 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ville Platte Mortgages