McCain calls Obama's 'bitter' comment...

McCain calls Obama's 'bitter' comments elitist Arizona senator ...

There are 27 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 16, 2008, titled McCain calls Obama's 'bitter' comments elitist Arizona senator .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama isn't an elitist, but his comments that small-town residents become bitter and cling to guns and religion are, Republican John McCain said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Freddy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Apr 16, 2008
You would have to be extremely politically astute to understand that the moment Hillary Clinton and John McCain labeled Barack Obama as an elitist, that was probably the funniest thing they have said this entire campaign. Let's see. Hillary Clinton was a partner in a law firm, went to an all girls school that wasn't a reform school [Wellesley College], graduated from Yale, and posted $109 million dollar income tax return. I won't mention that the Clinton's belong to some of the most elitist groups in the world. Oh, I forgot to mention that Chelsea walked into $100,000 dollar job after college. John McCain is even funnier. He and his current wife are estimated to be worth about $100 million. He reportedly owns eight homes. His Grandfather and father were the first two father and son Four Star Admirals which entitled McCain a trip to the U.S. Naval Academy. posted AJ Melton.

“Enough is enough”

Since: Oct 07

Austin, TX

#3 Apr 16, 2008
Senator McCain, vowing to end torture when he voted to allow it?

NICE FLIP FLOP old man.
emjoy

Northumberland, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2008
Freddy,
"Elitist" and "Elite" are two different things.

Jacksmith,
I'm wondering if you believe that Hillary Clinton ran the country while Bill Clinton was in office, or if you believe Bill Clinton will run the country when Hillary Clinton is in office? I thought he was good, and I think she'll be better, but I don't think they are one and the same.
Freddyyyy Buddyyyy

Villanova, PA

#5 Apr 16, 2008
elitism is a mindset and the way one views the world
it is NOT dependent upon one's income or social standing in society
it is the belief that one is entitled to certain things for which they have not worked
Freddy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Apr 16, 2008
Freddyyyy Buddyyyy wrote:
elitism is a mindset and the way one views the world
it is NOT dependent upon one's income or social standing in society
it is the belief that one is entitled to certain things for which they have not worked
OK, so if Obama has pulled himself up from a single parent household which is a piece of cake, being biracial which is easy in america, graduating from Harvard which is a given these days, oh yeah don't forget the rose pettles that was thrown at his feet while he was making his way through corrupt Chi-town politics he really believes in elitism, elitist, and anything with e in it. This was another empty Obama attack. It's funny some Americans say they want politicians to say truthful things but when they do like Obama has about race or the fact that when times get bad people draw closer to what they know best which is religion or hunting, sports, or blaming their loses on other individuals (that is the way he should have said the whole bitter thing)they get hung out to dry by the people that wanted to hear it. Lets face it Americans are like women looking for men, they just don't know what they want in a American leader or want they want in a man.

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

#7 Apr 16, 2008
Freddy wrote:
This was another empty Obama attack. It's funny some Americans say they want politicians to say truthful things but when they do like Obama has about race ......they get hung out to dry by the people that wanted to hear it.
So true. The way I look at it, the more noise you hear about silly stuff like "bitter", the more desperate the opponent(s) have become.

The Republican plan to get Hillary the nomination isn't working. McCain knows he'll be smoked by Obama in the general election, so that's why you hear McCain jumping on the desperation bandwagon too.

Wait until Obama seals the nomination, then watch the Republicans pick up where Hillary leaves off. And watch Obama stay above it all and waltz into the White House.
Freddy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Apr 16, 2008
steve-2304 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. The way I look at it, the more noise you hear about silly stuff like "bitter", the more desperate the opponent(s) have become.
The Republican plan to get Hillary the nomination isn't working. McCain knows he'll be smoked by Obama in the general election, so that's why you hear McCain jumping on the desperation bandwagon too.
Wait until Obama seals the nomination, then watch the Republicans pick up where Hillary leaves off. And watch Obama stay above it all and waltz into the White House.
Even though I am Libertarian either dem would run over McCain. McCain has already shown himself, he is for the war about nothing, he will continue Bush's tax cuts because HE doesn't understand the economy, and he is already multi millionaire rich along with his wife so he is secure. That whole coming into the White House already financially secure scares me because like Bush you have no reason to work for the public. You say Obama is rich? He only made between him and his wife $250,000K each year until he had a best seller, that little bit of money and being in public life won't get you far. But anybody who thinks it will be close between Obama and McCain is delusional, currently Obama is basically fighting McCain and Hillary at the same time and still maintains the Dem lead so imagine what will happen when it gets to be head to head and face to face. You will see how old McCain really is, you will see McCain doesn't know his own policies without the teleprompter present, and you will see how frustrated he will get once he finds out how hard it is to outwit Obama. Now the best thing McCain will have on his side is the dirty players on the bench, these are the people that don't like him but want to keep Repubs in power...Karl "dirtroad" Rove, yeah the guy that put out in the 2000 GOP campaign that McCain had a illegiamate black baby through a estranged mistress in South Carolina, and FOX News which contains Rush "where's the drug cabinet" Limbaugh, he will mispronounce Obama's name so many times and play the fear and patriotic card til he chokes on a piece of chicken...speaking of patriotism Rush how is your German BMW running?
Bob

Fogelsville, PA

#9 Apr 16, 2008
Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>Even though I am Libertarian either dem would run over McCain. McCain has already shown himself, he is for the war about nothing, he will continue Bush's tax cuts because HE doesn't understand the economy, and he is already multi millionaire rich along with his wife so he is secure. That whole coming into the White House already financially secure scares me because like Bush you have no reason to work for the public. You say Obama is rich? He only made between him and his wife $250,000K each year until he had a best seller, that little bit of money and being in public life won't get you far. But anybody who thinks it will be close between Obama and McCain is delusional, currently Obama is basically fighting McCain and Hillary at the same time and still maintains the Dem lead so imagine what will happen when it gets to be head to head and face to face. You will see how old McCain really is, you will see McCain doesn't know his own policies without the teleprompter present, and you will see how frustrated he will get once he finds out how hard it is to outwit Obama. Now the best thing McCain will have on his side is the dirty players on the bench, these are the people that don't like him but want to keep Repubs in power...Karl "dirtroad" Rove, yeah the guy that put out in the 2000 GOP campaign that McCain had a illegiamate black baby through a estranged mistress in South Carolina, and FOX News which contains Rush "where's the drug cabinet" Limbaugh, he will mispronounce Obama's name so many times and play the fear and patriotic card til he chokes on a piece of chicken...speaking of patriotism Rush how is your German BMW running?
I can't wait for the debates. McCain is a notorious hothead, plus he's a lousy speaker, while Obama is perpetually unruffled. I expect that Obama will be able to maneuver him into a total spittle flecked meltdown, where McCain lets loose with the n-word. After all, he called his wife the c-word in public after she teased him about his thinning hair. It should be fun.

“You call THIS civilization??”

Since: Mar 07

Orefield, PA

#10 Apr 16, 2008
jacksmith wrote:
MY FELLOW BITTER, STUPID, WORKING CLASS PEOPLE.
YOU MIGHT BE AN IDIOT, TOO :-(
If you think like Barack Obama, that WORKING CLASS PEOPLE are just a bunch of BITTER!, STUPID, PEASANTS, Cash COWS!, and CANNON FODDER.:-(
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience can fix an economy on the verge of collapse better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) led the greatest economic expansion, and prosperity in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience fighting for universal health care can get it for you better than Hillary Clinton. Who anticipated this current health care crisis back in 1993, and fought a pitched battle against overwhelming odds to get universal health care for all the American people.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience can manage, and get us out of two wars better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) went to war only when he was convinced that he absolutely had to. Then completed the mission in record time against a nuclear power. AND DID NOT LOSE THE LIFE OF A SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER. NOT ONE!
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience saving the environment is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) left office with the greatest amount of environmental cleanup, and protections in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with little or no education experience is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) made higher education affordable for every American. And created higher job demand and starting salary’s than they had ever been before or since.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience will be better than Hillary Clinton who spent 8 years at the right hand of President Bill Clinton. Who is already on record as one of the greatest Presidents in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that you can change the way Washington works with pretty speeches from Obama, rather than with the experience, and political expertise of two master politicians ON YOUR SIDE like Hillary and Bill Clinton..
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think all those Republicans voting for Obama in the Democratic primaries, and caucuses are doing so because they think he is a stronger Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton.:-)
Best regards
jacksmith... Working Class :-)
p.s.
If you don't know that the huge amounts of money funding the Obama campaign to try and defeat Hillary Clinton is coming in from the insurance, and medical industry, that has been ripping you off, and killing you and your children. And denying you, and your loved ones the life saving medical care you needed. All just so they can make more huge immoral profits for them-selves off of your suffering...
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
You see, back in 1993 Hillary Clinton had the audacity, and nerve to try and get quality, affordable universal health care for everyone to prevent the suffering and needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of you each year.:-)
Approx. 100,000 of you die each year from medical accidents from a rush to profit by the insurance, and medical industry. Another 120,000 of you die each year from treatable illness that people in other developed countries don’t die from. And I could go on, and on...
Are you able to type what you think without trying to be Jeff Foxworthy? It would make your posts a lot more interesting to read.

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

#11 Apr 16, 2008
Bob wrote:
I can't wait for the debates. McCain is a notorious hothead, plus he's a lousy speaker, while Obama is perpetually unruffled. I expect that Obama will be able to maneuver him into a total spittle flecked meltdown, where McCain lets loose with the n-word. After all, he called his wife the c-word in public after she teased him about his thinning hair. It should be fun.
"Spittle flecked meltdown". Too funny. I can't wait.

“Enough is enough”

Since: Oct 07

Austin, TX

#12 Apr 16, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait for the debates. McCain is a notorious hothead, plus he's a lousy speaker, while Obama is perpetually unruffled. I expect that Obama will be able to maneuver him into a total spittle flecked meltdown, where McCain lets loose with the n-word. After all, he called his wife the c-word in public after she teased him about his thinning hair. It should be fun.
It'll be an interested ride. I am still impressed with the total grassroots effort the Obama campaign had here in Texas. Our household received about ten calls a day from both Obama and Clinton campaigns. The big difference? Most of Obama's were from PEOPLE that lived in our neighborhood. We received nothing but recordings from Clinton
Bob

Fogelsville, PA

#13 Apr 16, 2008
flygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll be an interested ride. I am still impressed with the total grassroots effort the Obama campaign had here in Texas. Our household received about ten calls a day from both Obama and Clinton campaigns. The big difference? Most of Obama's were from PEOPLE that lived in our neighborhood. We received nothing but recordings from Clinton
That's not surprising. Here in Pa I've received a number of recorded calls from Clinton, we'll see what happens as Tuesday draws near. Surprisingly, two older women were out in our neighborhood canvassing for Obama and said that they only encountered a few Hillary supporters among Dems. The fact of the matter is, Obama has run a far superior campaign to Clinton, which is saying something considering her supposed "experience".
Berks_Iraq_Vet

United States

#14 Apr 16, 2008
jacksmith wrote:
MY FELLOW BITTER, STUPID, WORKING CLASS PEOPLE.
YOU MIGHT BE AN IDIOT, TOO :-(
If you think like Barack Obama, that WORKING CLASS PEOPLE are just a bunch of BITTER!, STUPID, PEASANTS, Cash COWS!, and CANNON FODDER.:-(
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience can fix an economy on the verge of collapse better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) led the greatest economic expansion, and prosperity in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience fighting for universal health care can get it for you better than Hillary Clinton. Who anticipated this current health care crisis back in 1993, and fought a pitched battle against overwhelming odds to get universal health care for all the American people.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience can manage, and get us out of two wars better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) went to war only when he was convinced that he absolutely had to. Then completed the mission in record time against a nuclear power. AND DID NOT LOSE THE LIFE OF A SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER. NOT ONE!
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience saving the environment is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) left office with the greatest amount of environmental cleanup, and protections in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with little or no education experience is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) made higher education affordable for every American. And created higher job demand and starting salary’s than they had ever been before or since.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience will be better than Hillary Clinton who spent 8 years at the right hand of President Bill Clinton. Who is already on record as one of the greatest Presidents in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that you can change the way Washington works with pretty speeches from Obama, rather than with the experience, and political expertise of two master politicians ON YOUR SIDE like Hillary and Bill Clinton..
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think all those Republicans voting for Obama in the Democratic primaries, and caucuses are doing so because they think he is a stronger Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton.:-)
Best regards
jacksmith... Working Class :-)
p.s.
If you don't know that the huge amounts of money funding the Obama campaign to try and defeat Hillary Clinton is coming in from the insurance, and medical industry, that has been ripping you off, and killing you and your children. And denying you, and your loved ones the life saving medical care you needed. All just so they can make more huge immoral profits for them-selves off of your suffering...
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
You see, back in 1993 Hillary Clinton had the audacity, and nerve to try and get quality, affordable universal health care for everyone to prevent the suffering and needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of you each year.:-)
Approx. 100,000 of you die each year from medical accidents from a rush to profit by the insurance, and medical industry. Another 120,000 of you die each year from treatable illness that people in other developed countries don’t die from. And I could go on, and on...


Groundhog Day...
Bush Sheep R Stupid

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Apr 16, 2008
jacksmith wrote:
MY FELLOW BITTER, STUPID, WORKING CLASS PEOPLE.
YOU MIGHT BE AN IDIOT, TOO :-(
If you think like Barack Obama, that WORKING CLASS PEOPLE are just a bunch of BITTER!, STUPID, PEASANTS, Cash COWS!, and CANNON FODDER.:-(
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience can fix an economy on the verge of collapse better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) led the greatest economic expansion, and prosperity in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience fighting for universal health care can get it for you better than Hillary Clinton. Who anticipated this current health care crisis back in 1993, and fought a pitched battle against overwhelming odds to get universal health care for all the American people.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience can manage, and get us out of two wars better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) went to war only when he was convinced that he absolutely had to. Then completed the mission in record time against a nuclear power. AND DID NOT LOSE THE LIFE OF A SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER. NOT ONE!
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience saving the environment is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) left office with the greatest amount of environmental cleanup, and protections in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with little or no education experience is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose husband (Bill Clinton) made higher education affordable for every American. And created higher job demand and starting salary’s than they had ever been before or since.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that Obama with no experience will be better than Hillary Clinton who spent 8 years at the right hand of President Bill Clinton. Who is already on record as one of the greatest Presidents in American history.
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think that you can change the way Washington works with pretty speeches from Obama, rather than with the experience, and political expertise of two master politicians ON YOUR SIDE like Hillary and Bill Clinton..
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
If you think all those Republicans voting for Obama in the Democratic primaries, and caucuses are doing so because they think he is a stronger Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton.:-)
Best regards
jacksmith... Working Class :-)
p.s.
If you don't know that the huge amounts of money funding the Obama campaign to try and defeat Hillary Clinton is coming in from the insurance, and medical industry, that has been ripping you off, and killing you and your children. And denying you, and your loved ones the life saving medical care you needed. All just so they can make more huge immoral profits for them-selves off of your suffering...
You Might Be An Idiot, Too!
You see, back in 1993 Hillary Clinton had the audacity, and nerve to try and get quality, affordable universal health care for everyone to prevent the suffering and needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of you each year.:-)
Approx. 100,000 of you die each year from medical accidents from a rush to profit by the insurance, and medical industry. Another 120,000 of you die each year from treatable illness that people in other developed countries don’t die from. And I could go on, and on...
Only a complete partisan hack of an idiot would compose this diatribe about riches and elitism and leave out the McCains. Cindy McCain is worth well over $100 million. More than the Clintons, the Obamas and the Bushes combined.

Stupid, STUPID partisan sheep.
ben walburger

Duncan, Canada

#16 Apr 16, 2008
I could not agree more with senator Obama on his comment .
I came from a small town and live in a small town and yes when we things get tough and we look to no future sunrises ..are we bitter ?,..Yes absolutely,!!! and we do rely on our beliefs , religions and faith to get us through troubled times
And Yes many pick up guns to get what they need at times , some got hunting for food , others rob stores for money and it goes on and on
His comments were so true , only people with their heads in the sand will not be able to see this Truth..
A Canadian incite
ben

Since: Apr 08

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Apr 17, 2008
sen. McCain just 1 question for you. are you & sen. hilliary clinton related some how ?

Since: Apr 08

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Apr 17, 2008
makes me wonder who the real idiot is? nobody can make washington better u should know that if u vote. if you go down & read what a real gentlemen put down on todays comments, he is not ashamed to say yes that is how it is..no not mabye all people but yes there are some that do. sen. hilliary clinton where she got most of her experience was the white house..HELLO. get a clue & have a good day

Since: Apr 08

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Apr 17, 2008
some of the comments put down r funny.'U MIGHT B A IDIOT'this is from yesterday..the idiot for starter are those whom put it down & 2nd sen. clinton thats right she got shot at. if u count the fibs both have said, sen. clinton way ahead. then again IDIOTS are like sen. clinton judge by the color of their skin.. u all idiot's that said this u better read alot, alot more. then maybe u won't b an idiot..you all idiots have a nice day.

Since: Apr 08

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2008
PRWE mccanin once again can't handle ads by PRESIDENT Obama's & just like u the icky ads from you. Sen. Clinton lets say they were related, believe coming from my hear everyone one would rather be related to her then your relationship with the "Bush". you to are a perfect match.
OPRAH

Highland, NY

#22 Aug 9, 2008
omaba left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharon Lynn Fedak & Family of thieves. Nov 7 Shamir 6
Sharon L Fedak house of horror & thieves. Nov '16 amy 2
sharon lynn fedak (Apr '16) Oct '16 mark 32
Light-Parker Furniture Oct '16 Anonymous 1
News Real estate developer Mark Mendelson pleads in ... (Dec '07) Oct '16 silly rabbit 37
Nat Wolfe and his special ed followers Oct '16 Jay 1
News Immigrant Detainees In Berks County Claim Mistr... (Mar '16) Mar '16 wild child 1

Villanova Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villanova Mortgages