Developer sentenced to prison -- Gove...

Developer sentenced to prison -- Government, Lehigh County, Ban...

There are 35 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Developer sentenced to prison -- Government, Lehigh County, Ban.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Real estate developer Mark Mendelson was sentenced this morning to two months in prison and a $1 million fine after pleading guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges for a deal involving the purchase of a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jesse

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Mar 25, 2008
They should have sentenced him to 90 days in the Hotel Americus!!!! and his probationary period to be spent there too.

“STOP GLOBAL WHINING!”

Since: Mar 07

Allentown

#24 Mar 25, 2008
WHOA PARDNER! Who said he was Republican? You just A$$ume all Republicans are rich. There are plenty of rich liberals out there too. Obama/Rezko, Clinton/Whitewater, Reid and Pelosi too. All did shady land deals but they're for the little guy. If they want redistribution of wealth they should be at th head of the line.
new sheriff in town

North Port, FL

#25 Mar 25, 2008
He has stated to reporters he is a
life long republican

go to mcall archives and search his position on Afflerbach.
Bushwacker

AOL

#26 Mar 25, 2008
mike wrote:
i dont see anything wrong with what these guys did. Everybody got there money in the end. Why do we need to waiste our time and tax dollars on something like this? Lets lock-up the real criminals.
I wanted to buy the property but couldn't because of the BS he did. I was going to make it into a park for all to enjoy. HE DESERVES THE FULL 2 YEARS
Tom Paine

Allentown, PA

#27 Mar 25, 2008
Rush wrote:
It is unAmerican to put a fine Republican such as Mark Mendelson in jail just for earning a living. Why does this judge hate America?
Perhaps he'll be able to share a cell with Democrat New York Governor Eliot Spitzer and Democrat Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
tax me

Chicago, IL

#28 Mar 25, 2008
Not long enough time in jail for a scumball.
Joey D

Newtown, PA

#29 Mar 25, 2008
mike wrote:
i dont see anything wrong with what these guys did. Everybody got there money in the end. Why do we need to waiste our time and tax dollars on something like this? Lets lock-up the real criminals.
Lets use the money to teach you to spell..
lee

AOL

#30 Mar 25, 2008
this will give mark some time to clean the dust off his nose
Gene Pool Lifeguard

Walnutport, PA

#32 Mar 25, 2008
Jarhead84 wrote:
He looks like Boone from Animal House.
Good call.
comment

Korea

#33 Mar 25, 2008
$1 million and not 12 months in prision. Mendelson got off easy. 2 month negotiated sentence with prosecutor, he will be out in 30 days for good conduct. What a farce!
Criminalizaiton of white collar crime should increase limits to 2 years, with no plea deals under 1 year. At least the man should spend 6 months, which is enough to crack anyone in a prison.
It only takes 4 months to break the habits of people who enter the Marine Corps in the Marine Recruit Depot of Parris Island.
This man will not be changed with a 30 to 60 day sentence. Should have had more time in prison.
Christian

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Mar 25, 2008
First of all Mike, you seriously need to learn to spell WASTE correctly. It was like 3 times that you didn't catch it. Those little red dots under the word mean that you spelled it wrong. I guess the Wilkes-Barre school system is as good as Allentown's.

Who really gives a shit about Allentown anyway. Its been a DUMP for longer than most of us have been here on this planet. Do you really think that the AMERICUS will bring Allentown "back" to what it "was?" What was it anyway? You are all jealous that Mendelson capitalized from the Americus at the "expense" of poor poor Allentown. Mendelson had nothing to do with the fall of the super empire once known as Allentown. Allentown's own people are to blame for not giving a shit about where they live. Maybe if people were conscious of their surroundings, things like this could be prevented, and all of you would have no reason to be here bitching like a bunch of uneducated individuals.....(hmmmm, Mike comes to mind.)

I mean, seriously, WAISTE?

As for the rest of you, get a life. You are all just jealous that this man has figured out how to make a SERIOUS living in this country. Call it "greed" (Judge Giles), but you are wrong. Just like musicians and "professional athletes" (what a joke that is by the way), Mendelson makes his living doing what the average person can't, and now he gets to go to jail for it. This is justice? Just because this man made more in one transaction than most of you made in the past 10 years, he's scum? He's "scum" because of your poor hotel? Maybe Allentown should turn it into Section 8 housing. It would only be fitting considering the Allentown Empire's population these days.

Say what you will about Mendelson, but none of you know him. Unfortunately, none of you will have the pleasure of knowing him on a personal level, and seeing who he really is.
megg

United States

#35 Mar 26, 2008
Christian wrote:
First of all Mike, you seriously need to learn to spell WASTE correctly. It was like 3 times that you didn't catch it. Those little red dots under the word mean that you spelled it wrong. I guess the Wilkes-Barre school system is as good as Allentown's.
Who really gives a shit about Allentown anyway. Its been a DUMP for longer than most of us have been here on this planet. Do you really think that the AMERICUS will bring Allentown "back" to what it "was?" What was it anyway? You are all jealous that Mendelson capitalized from the Americus at the "expense" of poor poor Allentown. Mendelson had nothing to do with the fall of the super empire once known as Allentown. Allentown's own people are to blame for not giving a shit about where they live. Maybe if people were conscious of their surroundings, things like this could be prevented, and all of you would have no reason to be here bitching like a bunch of uneducated individuals.....(hmmmm, Mike comes to mind.)
I mean, seriously, WAISTE?
As for the rest of you, get a life. You are all just jealous that this man has figured out how to make a SERIOUS living in this country. Call it "greed" (Judge Giles), but you are wrong. Just like musicians and "professional athletes" (what a joke that is by the way), Mendelson makes his living doing what the average person can't, and now he gets to go to jail for it. This is justice? Just because this man made more in one transaction than most of you made in the past 10 years, he's scum? He's "scum" because of your poor hotel? Maybe Allentown should turn it into Section 8 housing. It would only be fitting considering the Allentown Empire's population these days.
Say what you will about Mendelson, but none of you know him. Unfortunately, none of you will have the pleasure of knowing him on a personal level, and seeing who he really is.
Speaking for myself, I am happy to not have the pleasure of knowing the dirtbag personally. And I am glad I don't know you as well. You are pretty much vile and worthless in my opinion.
JOSIE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#36 Mar 26, 2008
AT LONG LAST THIS DEAD BEAT GOT WHAT HE DESERVED ALTHOUGH THE PRISON SENTENCE IS NOT NEARLY LONG ENOUGH CONSIDERING HOW MANY PEOPLE HE HAS CHEATED IN THE LAST 25 YEARS.
breezynorthwind

Chester Springs, PA

#37 Jan 14, 2010
JOSIE wrote:
AT LONG LAST THIS DEAD BEAT GOT WHAT HE DESERVED ALTHOUGH THE PRISON SENTENCE IS NOT NEARLY LONG ENOUGH CONSIDERING HOW MANY PEOPLE HE HAS CHEATED IN THE LAST 25 YEARS.
Well,actually he hasn't gotten punished at all as of 2010. He never went to jail. So, guess he got off...again.
breezynorthwind

Chester Springs, PA

#38 Jan 14, 2010
To Josie:
Just in case you didn't see the message was to your comment about him getting what he desrves. He did not go to jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Montco dance teacher gets jail for sex with stu... (Jun '15) Wed Cotton Picker 2
please help the people May '16 Awful 4
sharon lynn fedak May '16 britt 14
News Reconnecting with faith through washing of dead May '16 Tim 3
News 'Top' Main Line Eatery Reopens After Roach Infe... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Road Warrior 7
sharon fedak Mar '16 sharon is a scammer 8
159 josephine Mar '16 sharon scams 4

Villanova Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villanova Mortgages