Developer sentenced to prison -- Gove...

Developer sentenced to prison -- Government, Lehigh County, Ban...

There are 35 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Developer sentenced to prison -- Government, Lehigh County, Ban.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Real estate developer Mark Mendelson was sentenced this morning to two months in prison and a $1 million fine after pleading guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges for a deal involving the purchase of a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GINA

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Mar 25, 2008
Scum.....pure scum.
megg

United States

#2 Mar 25, 2008
AWESOME!!!! Every now and then, the justice system comes through! Too bad this crook can't be put away for longer.
David-1206-WAHS7 2

Atlanta, GA

#4 Mar 25, 2008
I'm glad this CS is going to the slammer, after ruining downtown Allentown...
Tom Paine

Allentown, PA

#5 Mar 25, 2008
I'm shocked that he could be capable of these things considering how nice he kept his properties in Allentown
Napoleon Dynamite

Kirkwood, PA

#6 Mar 25, 2008
I would have thought that this would generate more comments than Wegeman's selling beer.
Winston

Rockville, MD

#7 Mar 25, 2008
Boring
Horse Head

Ephrata, PA

#8 Mar 25, 2008
If you want/need to be a criminal white color crime is the crime for you. What other type of crime can you commit involving six figures and walk away with a two month sentence? Was it that this thug cooperated or was it that this thug and his bottom feeder, oops i mean attorney, knew the thugs in the government that sentenced him? Slap on the wrist. Very similiar to the Gambones slap on the wrist for tax evasion.
mike

Allentown, PA

#9 Mar 25, 2008
i dont see anything wrong with what these guys did. Everybody got there money in the end. Why do we need to waiste our time and tax dollars on something like this? Lets lock-up the real criminals.
Horse Head

Ephrata, PA

#10 Mar 25, 2008
previous post should read collar not color
Barky von Schnauzer

Blue Bell, PA

#11 Mar 25, 2008
Sleeze ball should get more than just 2 months.
Bossy Gillis

AOL

#12 Mar 25, 2008
Which flea market are they talking about?

“aka MOB”

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem

#13 Mar 25, 2008
Finally, at least some justice has been served to this jerk.
lv resident

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Mar 25, 2008
mike wrote:
i dont see anything wrong with what these guys did. Everybody got there money in the end. Why do we need to waiste our time and tax dollars on something like this? Lets lock-up the real criminals.
I agree.

“Being polite is not a weakness”

Since: Feb 07

Emmaus

#15 Mar 25, 2008
Suddenly I have "Ding Dong the witch is dead" running through my head....
We Wont Get Fooled Again

Allentown, PA

#17 Mar 25, 2008
Well, this is a start. One down and a few more to go. Hopefully, some of the $1M collected will go to improving Allentown.

As for Mike and lv resident, conspiracy and bribery are illegal in this country. So is murder, rape, robbery, and assault. In case you were wondering.
mike

Allentown, PA

#18 Mar 25, 2008
We Wont Get Fooled Again wrote:
Well, this is a start. One down and a few more to go. Hopefully, some of the $1M collected will go to improving Allentown.
As for Mike and lv resident, conspiracy and bribery are illegal in this country. So is murder, rape, robbery, and assault. In case you were wondering.
never did i argue the fact that they weren't illegal... I was just throwing out the idea that its a waiste of time and tax dollars to worry about it, if nobody is losing money in the deal or getting hurt by it.
Allentown Resident

United States

#19 Mar 25, 2008
Ha ha. Mendelson is scum.
Rush

Allentown, PA

#20 Mar 25, 2008
It is unAmerican to put a fine Republican such as Mark Mendelson in jail just for earning a living. Why does this judge hate America?

“STOP GLOBAL WHINING!”

Since: Mar 07

Allentown

#21 Mar 25, 2008
He looks like Boone from Animal House.
wow

United States

#22 Mar 25, 2008
life has a way of working itself out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How a Main Line payday lender used an Indian tr... Tue Chestnut Ridge 1
Sid Mark to RETIRE (Apr '17) Apr 8 Stephen 3
Mayor a Joke, Crook, Commited Adultry (Dec '07) Jan '18 Grim Reaper 12
News Morning snow causing 'bumper car show' on local... Dec '17 rubber meets the ... 1
Facebook scammers Oct '17 HesAThief 1
Anyone Else have Del Buono for a landlord? (Aug '11) Sep '17 Kristin Emmert 12
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep '17 John 245

Villanova Jobs

Personal Finance

Villanova Mortgages