ted-e-bear

Hortonville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Why have mine and my neighbors electric bills become so high ? It seems the less im at home, and the lower my thermostat, and the more eletric appliances I turn off, the bill stays incredibly high ! My home used to run on average $80 to $100 per month for electric (2012). Now I have $180 when noone has been there for 3 weeks and thermostat set at 60 to prevent freezeing.Retired neighbors getting $380 bills ! Now I have a tankless water heater (on demand), flourescent and LED lighting, and a newer furnace! I understand this winter has been colder than usual but this is ridiculess.
hope this helps

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Have them come out and test your meter. I was having issues with my bill being so much higher and I found out it was a faulty meter. Also if you haven't been home in weeks it could be air leakage around windows and doors that keep your heater running nonstop. Have someone come out and do a seal test to make sure no air is leaving your home or you can do a test yourself by lighting an inscents and holding it by the window and door and see if the smoke blows toward or away from it and not just moving up like all smoke does. Do you have the breaker to your hot water heater turned off or did you just drain your tank?
hmmmm

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

ted-e-bear wrote:
Why have mine and my neighbors electric bills become so high ? It seems the less im at home, and the lower my thermostat, and the more eletric appliances I turn off, the bill stays incredibly high ! My home used to run on average $80 to $100 per month for electric (2012). Now I have $180 when noone has been there for 3 weeks and thermostat set at 60 to prevent freezeing.Retired neighbors getting $380 bills ! Now I have a tankless water heater (on demand), flourescent and LED lighting, and a newer furnace! I understand this winter has been colder than usual but this is ridiculess.
you may have just answered your own question by stating winter has been colder than usual.
Your Handyman

Logan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

Obviously your not using the minimum amount of electricity to acquire the best rate. Turn on all your lights and leave them on all the time along with all of your appliances. Trust me you will see your bill change significantly!
not my handyman

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Your Handyman wrote:
Obviously your not using the minimum amount of electricity to acquire the best rate. Turn on all your lights and leave them on all the time along with all of your appliances. Trust me you will see your bill change significantly!
I heard of that before...still in some homes that minimum might not be reached no matter what.

And BTW if women don't find ya handsome they better find ya handy...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Villa Ridge Discussions

Search the Villa Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,002
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 10 hr layback 6,894
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 7 dasie 264
nothing fancy rink (Jan '13) Jun 29 disappointed parent 31
Heroin Overdose (Apr '13) Jun 29 Nuh_Uhhhh 13
Webb Family Jun 27 sss 1
Haunted Franklin County (Jul '09) Jun 25 Kpfu 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Villa Ridge Jobs

•••