douglas county animal control

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
charles

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Oct 17, 2009
check this out. a neighbor in our subdivision brought a stray dog she found at a gas station to her house, she let it loose in her yard and it took off. i called animal control to come pick it up. they arrived, he asked me where the dog came from and i told him. he said that he has to take it back to the person who brought it home. this is a pit bull. shame on her for bringing it home, and shame on douglas county animal control for having such a policy. i hope that the dog doesn't attack someone or another dog. if it does i wonder if d.c.a.c would be liable? so i guess the moral of the story is to be dishonest and not tell the truth.
MalinoisMom

AOL

#2 Oct 17, 2009
Hello.....

I know for a fact that one of DC's ACO's committed perjury in a court of law in front of the jury, judge, prosecutor, defense attorney and GOD! If the defendant hadn't been acquitted by the jury, you can bet that perjury would have been a point of contention on the appeal.

For the record, there is a "Leash Law" in Douglas County. What that ACO did was a violation of his oath to his office. Betcha he didn't even check to see that this dog was UTD on rabies vac, either. Betcha he also didn't scan the dog for a microchip, either.

Why have a Leash Law if it isn't enforced? Why have a state law requiring proof at all times of UTD rabies vaccination if it isn't enforced? Why not scan the dog in case he was chipped and someone was looking for their lost or stolen dog?

As to the dog being a Pit Bull, that's a moot point. Pits Bulls are not vicious dogs. No dog is vicious unless trained to be so or mishandled and abused. Obviously, this Pit wasn't a vicious or dangerous dog. But that is beside the point. The ACO who took him back to where he came from violated the very law/ordinance that he is being paid to enforce. Must be nice to make a pay check but not have to do the work, while driving around on free county fuel in a county truck all day.

Welcome to DC...where the ordinances and pick-and-choose-on-any-given-d ay which laws to enforce don't apply to all.
MalinoisMom

AOL

#3 Oct 17, 2009
You might want to contact Chuck Braun (sp?) and tell him what happen. He's the head honcho of DC's AC. See what he has to say and then let us know. There is a record of who responded to the call. And it is Chuck's job to be sure his staff does their job.
J---A---C----K

Hartsville, SC

#4 Oct 17, 2009
charles wrote:
check this out. a neighbor in our subdivision brought a stray dog she found at a gas station to her house, she let it loose in her yard and it took off. i called animal control to come pick it up. they arrived, he asked me where the dog came from and i told him. he said that he has to take it back to the person who brought it home. this is a pit bull. shame on her for bringing it home, and shame on douglas county animal control for having such a policy. i hope that the dog doesn't attack someone or another dog. if it does i wonder if d.c.a.c would be liable? so i guess the moral of the story is to be dishonest and not tell the truth.
did oyu get the dogs license plate? or a description of his car?
charles

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Oct 17, 2009
i sent a email to mike mulcare who is the commisioner for my district. I will also be contacting chuck Braun also. I was just floored at what the a.c.o said. this neighbor never inteneded to keep the dog otherwise she would not have let it loose. nothing against pit bulls i think they get a bad rap, however they cannot be trusted. they have the reputation for being sweet one minute then vicious the next. more so than other breeds.
charles

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Oct 17, 2009
J---A---C----K wrote:
<quoted text>
did oyu get the dogs license plate? or a description of his car?
no plates but he was black with white spots. he was last seen with a bag of kibbles n bits in his mouth heading north.
charles

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Oct 17, 2009
i contacted animal control and left a message on their vm. a supervisor called me back, and said that when my neighbor took poccession of the dog she became the owner. later he said that if she housed it and feed it for three days then she becomes the owner. also if i go on vacation and leave my dog with a friend, then by their(dcac) definition the friend becomes the owner. how screwed up is that. i think animal control just did not want to take a stray in and wanted to find the easiest way to deal with the situation. makes me not want to get involved with something like this in the future. But if i didnt report it then what if it something happened to a child or another animal if the dog attacked them. then i would feel just down right terrible.

Since: Jul 08

Douglasville

#8 Oct 17, 2009
Somebody dropped off 2 very young kittens at resurgens Thursday, just left them in the bushes right at the front door, which is right at the parking lot.
I just don't understand how people can be so heartless.
I intended to take them to the animal shelter when we got out but they were gone. I hope someone took them home, they were really cute and looked healthy.
If people can't take care of their pets, at least don't drop them off where they can get hit by a car. Have a little responsibility people!!
MalinoisMom

AOL

#9 Oct 17, 2009
Yes, it is true that your neighbor took in the dog, fed the dog and did so for X number of days and that does indeed make it his/her dog under the law. BUT, your neighbor violated DC ordidnances pertaining to dogs at large! Meaning, the DCACO that responded to your call had to either pick the dog up and impound the dog, at which time the neighbor would have to go to AC and claim the dog and pay the fine and produce proof of rabies vaccination or the ACO had to cite her for a violation of the leash law/animal at large. Or at least have written a warning. I guess next time this happens you won't be telling the ACO where the dog came from. Uh?
MalinoisMom

AOL

#10 Oct 17, 2009
Oh, now you know what I meant by:

Welcome to DC...where the ordinances and pick-and-choose-on-any-given-d ay which laws to enforce don't apply to all.

Since: Aug 09

Villa Rica

#11 Oct 17, 2009
charles wrote:
What difference does it make that it was pit bull? They are no more likely to attack someone than any other dog unless they are trained to be aggressive. Why shame on her for bringing it home? Is it a bad thing that she wanted to keep it from getting run over or give it a home? If she doesn't have a fence then I agree it was stupid to let the dog out and not have it on a leash where she could monitor it, but other than that I don't understand what you're complaining about.
MalinoisMom

AOL

#12 Oct 17, 2009
If she didn't want it to get run over, then why did she let it run loose? I agree, TG. Pit Bull Terriers are not by breed an aggressive dog. At least they aren't people aggressive. They do tend to be dog aggressive if not trained to be tractable around other dogs. But the breed itself is not an aggressive breed. No breed is. It's people who put the stigma on any given breed. Blame most of that on the media. The sensationalism of the media fuels breed discrimination. What the media fails to report is the truth: Chihuahuas attack and bite people far more often than any Pit Bull alive!! Let's put a Breed Ban on Chihuahuas and not Pit Bulls! Gee, that sure would irk that blonde out there in Hollywood toting her Chi around in her pocketbook.
J---A---C----K

Hartsville, SC

#13 Oct 17, 2009
charles wrote:
i sent a email to mike mulcare who is the commisioner for my district. I will also be contacting chuck Braun also. I was just floored at what the a.c.o said. this neighbor never inteneded to keep the dog otherwise she would not have let it loose. nothing against pit bulls i think they get a bad rap, however they cannot be trusted. they have the reputation for being sweet one minute then vicious the next. more so than other breeds.
michael vick would also need to be notified
J---A---C----K

Hartsville, SC

#14 Oct 17, 2009
charles wrote:
i contacted animal control and left a message on their vm. a supervisor called me back, and said that when my neighbor took poccession of the dog she became the owner. later he said that if she housed it and feed it for three days then she becomes the owner. also if i go on vacation and leave my dog with a friend, then by their(dcac) definition the friend becomes the owner. how screwed up is that. i think animal control just did not want to take a stray in and wanted to find the easiest way to deal with the situation. makes me not want to get involved with something like this in the future. But if i didnt report it then what if it something happened to a child or another animal if the dog attacked them. then i would feel just down right terrible.
SO that means,,if your dog bites someone,wait 3 days then call animal control and tell them SOMEONES dog bit your neighbor, but it wasnt YUR dog because its been over 3 days.their dumass rules can work both ways
Animal Control

AOL

#15 Oct 17, 2009
People do not want to deal with Chuck, his people or Animal Control at all. You people have no idea how screwed up that place really is. That is why animals are left in the parking lots and bushes. It is worse than buying a house with all the info you have to give if you try to help, not worth it. They treat others like criminals.
J---A---C----K

Hartsville, SC

#16 Oct 17, 2009
did your dog go to jail?
Animal Control

AOL

#17 Oct 17, 2009
Not at all. They act crazy and don't do things right. IMHO from personal experiences.
Animal Control

AOL

#18 Oct 17, 2009
Putting animals before the well being of children and human beings means somebody has a few screws loose.

I disagree with "their" rules that are beyond belief at times. And I personally have seen them put animals back in the care of negligent owners without a ticket, fine or even warning.
Corkie

Douglasville, GA

#19 Oct 17, 2009
MalinoisMom wrote:
If she didn't want it to get run over, then why did she let it run loose? I agree, TG. Pit Bull Terriers are not by breed an aggressive dog. At least they aren't people aggressive. They do tend to be dog aggressive if not trained to be tractable around other dogs. But the breed itself is not an aggressive breed. No breed is. It's people who put the stigma on any given breed. Blame most of that on the media. The sensationalism of the media fuels breed discrimination. What the media fails to report is the truth: Chihuahuas attack and bite people far more often than any Pit Bull alive!! Let's put a Breed Ban on Chihuahuas and not Pit Bulls! Gee, that sure would irk that blonde out there in Hollywood toting her Chi around in her pocketbook.
Cocker Spaniels and poodles bite and snip more than pit bulls...The difference is the size of the jaw and the power pit bulls have. I agree the pit bulls can be agressive if not trained, but the power that pit bulls have in their jaws make those animals,(victims) will be injured more than small dogs.

Don't blame the media for the difference.
MalinoisMom

AOL

#20 Oct 17, 2009
Well, what are you doing about it, Animal Control? I take it you're a responsible dog owner and that you don't take in dogs you failed to properly care for, or that you allow your dog to run loose in the neighbor, or go about unleashed on to the roadway or property of another and that your dog always wears a collar displaying the required up-to-date rabies vaccination tag, correct? If those you have seen don't follow the same rules, then exactly what are you doing about it? AC is run by the county. The employees are country employees. If they aren't doing their job, then what are you doing about it? I really want to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DC Schools Top Administrators Raises 14 hr anexception 47
Why is America the greatest country? (Dec '08) 20 hr Liveitorleaveit 6
black and white 20 hr Elmer 5
Defend our Flag Sun GA_unite 3
Chattahooche Music Festival that wasn't on the ... Aug 1 anthill 4
Bryan Ivey (Mar '13) Jul 30 UR Newsfeed 6
News Footage shows moment black boy's birthday party... Jul 30 Concerned 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages