why does midway church promote black/...
spencer

Carrollton, GA

#23 Jul 10, 2012
Midway Member wrote:
The billboard that everyone is talking about DOES NOT have a black/white couple. It is just two teens/college age kids...one is black and one is white but I have never thought of them as a couple. I've seen the billboard many times and I know it just means that everyone is welcome at Midway. I used to go to a church growing up where a black would get funny looks walking into our white church. It's so nice to be at Midway and see people of all races praising God together. I honestly haven't seen many (if any) black/white couples at Midway...even though I don't believe the Bible says it's wrong. I know it can create other issues/conflicts so I hope my children chose to marry within their race even though they have lots of friends from other races. I just don't understand why everyone wants to judge everyone else and their churches.
you must be a DEMOCRAT-YOU SEE THE BLACK and white on the sign, but you say it isn't there.
spencer

Carrollton, GA

#24 Jul 10, 2012
Cochise wrote:
Hey, do the hierarchy at the church still have poker at the pastors house on Sundays? I know some of the past attendees are divorced. I'm sure this behavior and many others didn't have anything to do with it.
you are mistaken.we play poker at his home on THURSDAY NIGHTS.
blue vase

Villa Rica, GA

#25 Jul 11, 2012
Look, we're trying to say that everyone is invited, not that we are proponents of black-white couples. I don't want someone to feel intimidated to come to church. We're all sinners and we all need a savior, regardless of the nature of our sins.
Cochise

Dallas, GA

#26 Aug 6, 2012
spencer wrote:
<quoted text>
you are mistaken.we play poker at his home on THURSDAY NIGHTS.
It used to be Sunday nights. I guess since you couldn't buy liquor on that day, Thursday became a better option.
dazedandconfused

Montgomery, AL

#27 May 31, 2013
I just read this thread and it's all crazy. I do not believe in interracial relationships but have friends that are in one, I have gay friends but don't believe in that either, same sex marriage is wrong in the eyes of God. My children have been raised to marry within their own race. My kids have mixed friends that are rejected by both races of the family,the kids do suffer the sins of the parents. That being said, the Bible says " judge not, lest ye be judged". Different people have different beliefs, and Athiesism is rampant in America....Live and let live....leave the judging up to God.....prayers for all God's creatures
Jason G

Carrollton, GA

#28 May 31, 2013
somebodyneeds to pray for you.Especially if you've graced the doors of this FOR PROFIT community cult.
Oh my

Norcross, GA

#29 Jun 7, 2013
I did not know so many people felt this way....
jan

Villa Rica, GA

#30 Jun 15, 2013
I go to Midway Church andhave been a member there since 2005. It is a wonderful church and all are welcome. No matter the race, gender or sexual preference. What does it matter if we are all praising God? That why you go to church isn't it, to praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Why is everyone so worried about the people who attend. In my opinion every church has its faults and I am not saying that this is one of them, but people need to stop judging Midway and try it out. You may really enjoy it. God loves all!!!! God bless you all.
david glanton

Carrollton, GA

#31 Jun 19, 2013
I visited once back a couple months ago.It seems most of the members worship the pastor.
Unbelievable

Dallas, GA

#32 Oct 10, 2013
I was invited to this church but am now second guessing attending, especially after reading all of these negative comments it generates. IMHO, most of you seem to be racist, backwards hillbillies. That is what I see as a newcomer to this area. Get a life, have a seat, and stop showing your IGNORANCE.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#33 Oct 12, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
I was invited to this church but am now second guessing attending, especially after reading all of these negative comments it generates. IMHO, most of you seem to be racist, backwards hillbillies. That is what I see as a newcomer to this area. Get a life, have a seat, and stop showing your IGNORANCE.
Give it a try. I've been attending this church for 32 years and it is awesome! Consistently ranks in the top 10 churches in growth, but most importantly ranks highly in people saved and baptisms. God is at work there, no doubt. Pastor Todd's sermons are amazing. Some people are a little turned off by the contemporary music, but if you can get past that, you'll love it.
judy

United States

#34 Nov 24, 2013
We are all created equal! Where the bible talks about not being unequally yolked does NOT mean the color of your skin.. it means being married to a non-christian! In heaven there is not going to be a “ black" avenue, a "white" blvd, an "asian" lane.. people need to stop all of the nonsense and be united as one!
Wow

Carrollton, GA

#35 Feb 8, 2014
I know that this is an old thread, but it is still relevant. It is a perfect example of why so many people refuse to come to church. We should not study the Bible so that we can proudly judge other people. The Bible does DIRECTLY teach against some of the above mentioned lifestyles, but it is not MY place to judge them. God commands His children to LOVE other people and be a witness of what Jesus has done for all of us. I can assure you that you will NEVER win one soul to Christ with anger, bitterness and judgement. NEVER!! You may not agree with everything that they do, but you are commanded to LOVE them. If Christians loved ALL people like Jesus did, there would not be one empty seat on Sunday mornings!! No wonder people want nothing to do with Christianity .... seems like every time a Christian takes the spotlight they only want to judge every person that doesn't line up with their beliefs!! Well guess what?? God is just as disappointed in YOUR attitude as he is with gays, gambling, illicit sex etc. I challenge you to read your Bible and take notice of how many times we are told to LOVE one another!
Hmmm

Medford, MA

#36 Feb 8, 2014
I suppose it's never occurred to our "elephants don't mate with kangaroos" friend that there's something goofy about that kind of logic.

Elephants and kangaroos can't produce "kangaphants", being separate species. Blacks and whites certainly CAN reproduce because.....DRUMROLL...they're the same species! Human! Go figure! If God hadn't intended them to mate, then they wouldn't be able to.

Hell, a little mixing couldn't hurt the gene pool.

Grow up.
JkinTemple

Carrollton, GA

#37 Dec 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
As servants of God I understand the need to be accepting of all God's children; however, the promotion of race mixing is dishonorable, tasteless, and offensive. The Bible clearly states in several of its books that the mixing of races is a bad idea. Midway church is misguided, and giving its congregation the wrong idea. Midway should be ashamed for posting such a corrupting sign.
You need to get saved! Your speaking doctrine not religion.
Brian Cooper

Carrollton, GA

#38 Jan 29, 2015
What a fantastic church! Baptized nearly 400 last year! Open to sinners and saved alike! People of all ethnicities,age,and social status are welcome. We teach the Word of Truth and grow the kingdom!
Truth

Carrollton, GA

#39 May 30, 2015
Interesting wrote:
It's sad that this thread is even here. People are people. God created all of us and we should all be treated equal. I could never figure out why it is anyone's concern who another is in a relationship with. I've noticed that alot of people find it offensive to see a black/white couple, but black/asian or white/asian, or either with any other race, is not near as offensive. Why is that? The same goes for gay and lesbian relationships. Why is it anyone's business?
Instead of trying to be the judge of everyone else, we should all just try to get along with each other and stop letting love be the reason to hate.
Because mating with negroes is nothing but rebellious slumming. Asians are beautiful, hard-working good people. Homosexual is wrong as far as biology and, more importantly, Christian teachings are concerned.
Truth

Carrollton, GA

#40 May 30, 2015
jan wrote:
I go to Midway Church andhave been a member there since 2005. It is a wonderful church and all are welcome. No matter the race, gender or sexual preference. What does it matter if we are all praising God? That why you go to church isn't it, to praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Why is everyone so worried about the people who attend. In my opinion every church has its faults and I am not saying that this is one of them, but people need to stop judging Midway and try it out. You may really enjoy it. God loves all!!!! God bless you all.
Sexual preference? Are you saying they allow Sodomites into the house of God?
GentleReminder

Carrollton, GA

#41 Jun 20, 2015
Truth wrote:
As servants of God I understand the need to be accepting of all God's children; however, the promotion of race mixing is dishonorable, tasteless, and offensive. The Bible clearly states in several of its books that the mixing of races is a bad idea. Midway church is misguided, and giving its congregation the wrong idea. Midway should be ashamed for posting such a corrupting sign.
It's important to remember God warned against cross cultural marriages due to the fact many other nations practiced pagan idol worship. It had nothing to do with race. I like the sign and think it shows all kinds of people are welcome. Why aren't churches more diverse with race? What do you think heaven is going to be like?
pdabber

Van Wert, OH

#42 Sep 17, 2015
K-town CLOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you start complaining about other peoples beliefs, you need to learn how to SPELL.You must have went to the chattanooga tn school system and slept the day they learned how to spell.Your an IDIOT.
must have went?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mugshots and crime (Sep '11) Tue Tolerman 12
Barber shop Sep 23 Charles 2
Vote For Donald Trump (Feb '16) Sep 23 Simpson 32
H Clinton Demands USA take 65,000 Muslim Refugees Sep 22 Tolean 2
kingswood subdivision (Feb '14) Sep 22 Tolean 13
David McDade Sep 21 Kyle P 3
Cuban "Refugees" Abusing U.S. Welfare Sep 21 POLEMICS 4

Villa Rica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance