Kim and Ray

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

My husband and I both lost out jobs,I lost mine last Aug. and my husband lost his job in Feb. of this year,We got a Hot Boiled peanut Trailer make we were selling in side the city of Villa Rica at the corner 0f North Vanwert and the hwy 78. and the city passed the law at the last meeting that we could no longer sell in side the city.In Feb they gave us a peddlers permit...In the march meeting they wanted to reword the law..And then in May the council members decide that you could only sell home grown produce inside the city of Villa Rica.We have lived in Villa Rica for 12 years and the only thing we are guilty of is trying to take care of our three boys.If you enjoy our boiled peanuts please contact the council members,The next meeting is June 1,2010..@ 6:00pm.We need your support...We appreciate all your support...Thank you
Peanuts

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

I would like to hear you thoughts about selling in the city of villa rica...We need people on our side...
mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

we love your boiled peanuts! I have never had boiled peanuts before and I am addicted to them now! I think its a shame what they are doing to you guys! Hope everything works out for you and your family! where are you set up at now?
highway 61 property owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Kim and Ray wrote:
My husband and I both lost out jobs,I lost mine last Aug. and my husband lost his job in Feb. of this year,We got a Hot Boiled peanut Trailer make we were selling in side the city of Villa Rica at the corner 0f North Vanwert and the hwy 78. and the city passed the law at the last meeting that we could no longer sell in side the city.In Feb they gave us a peddlers permit...In the march meeting they wanted to reword the law..And then in May the council members decide that you could only sell home grown produce inside the city of Villa Rica.We have lived in Villa Rica for 12 years and the only thing we are guilty of is trying to take care of our three boys.If you enjoy our boiled peanuts please contact the council members,The next meeting is June 1,2010..@ 6:00pm.We need your support...We appreciate all your support...Thank you
be damn glad you are inside the city and not outside.The reason you see NO building or other inrichments in carroll county is the zonig prohibits ANYTHING.FOOD LION was going to put a store in sandhill at the corner of sandhill hickory level and hwy 61, and by the time the met all the codes, it wasn't worht their time.The code board prohibits ANY business from having anything sitting outside,no signs, no flags, no advertising.yet the still want tax money to buy real estate with.SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE.If you would like to help support a class action lawsuit concerning the carroll county corridor plan and codes being unconstitutional, please leave your information here.A lawyer in atlanta who sued fulton county and won over 5 million dollars in damages, has agreed to take the case for $10,000 UP FRONT.More information is to be provided soon
highway 61 property owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Kim and Ray wrote:
villa rica wants you to make your money in atlanta and spend it here, that way they have to invest nothing for a good return.I work in atlanta, I shop in atlanta and buy my groceries in douglasville.I HAVE to pay property tax in carroll county.THATS ALL
Shiek Yurbouti

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

Boiled peanuts give me gas.
Julie

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

my sister and i LOVE ya'lls peanuts!! when yall were in the gas station parking lot we went almost everyday. We were so upset when ya'll were gone!! then yesterday i saw u guys on the other side of the road, and we stopped by and got some peanuts..actually today we got some too.=) i lost my job in jan and my husband got laid of last year and we have a 10 month old baby boy, i completely know how you guys feel. I hope the city allows u guys to sell ur peanuts! we love them
watches the news

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Julie wrote:
my sister and i LOVE ya'lls peanuts!! when yall were in the gas station parking lot we went almost everyday. We were so upset when ya'll were gone!! then yesterday i saw u guys on the other side of the road, and we stopped by and got some peanuts..actually today we got some too.=) i lost my job in jan and my husband got laid of last year and we have a 10 month old baby boy, i completely know how you guys feel. I hope the city allows u guys to sell ur peanuts! we love them
if you will pay off the right person in city govt, you can sell , but if you dont, you will be gone soon.
Kim and Ray

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Julie wrote:
Thank you so much,I am so happy you guys love our peanuts...That means so much to us...Please keep coming to get them..We are still fighting the city,Maybe we will get our way soon..I am so sorry to hear about you and your husband losing your job...I hope the best for you both...Thank you again for your support...
Moonshine Madam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Would Wal-mart let you sell your peanuts in their parking lot? There is a man who sells peanuts from the Wal-mart parking lot in Carrollton and I think he does quite well. The folks around town call him "Bigman".
victor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

put up a sign FREE DOGS--and you can get right in the front corner where everyone has to see you.
Kim and Ray

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Right now we are on the corner of hwy 78 and North Van Worth across the street from where we were,We also have produce...Please come see us,Bring you friends.....

Since: Apr 08

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Kim and Ray, I have been wondering what was going on with your situation. I wish I had seen this in time to go to the meeting june 1st. If there are future meetings, please post and I will do everything I can to be there.

It makes me angry to see a couple trying to make the best of a bad economy get punished by greedy,corupt politicians. Keep doing what your doing Kim and Ray, and I believe there is enough good people left around here to be willing to help you. I had given you my business card that day we talked in the event I could help in any way. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do!
Jillian

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

You guys have the best boiled peanuts! I hope it works out for you. I'll be sure to stop by and get seome soon!
Kim and Ray

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Thank you so much for the kind words,The next meeting will be the first Tuesday in July I am not sure of the date....It's right next to the police department in Villa Rica....Thank you again...I hope to see u there......And Jillian thank u I hope so happy u like our peanuts...
Leigh-Anne Singleton

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Wednesday, 2/23/11 at 3:15pm at our cookie booth in VR at Hwy 78 & North Van Wert Sgt. George Brown pulled up in his patrol car and used his pointer finger to motion for someone to come to his patrol car. Kathy Crook went to the rolled down window of the patrol car as I stayed at the cookie booth with the some of the Girl Scouts, cash box and Cookies. The Sgt. informed us that we needed a peddlers permit to sale Girl Scout cookies within VR. Kathy explained to him that we had gotten permission from the owner of the building, property as well as a business within the location. He said that it did not matter Private or Public we must have the permit. We had two young GS working with us and both of them were very scared. Kathy's daughter asked repeatedly if we were in trouble. Sgt.Brown never acknowledged the children. My daughter came running over to me scared that we were being taken to jail. Still sitting in his patrol car Sgt. Brown informs our customers that they are not allowed to purchase cookies from us and they should return to their vehicles and leave. He watched as we loaded up our cookies and Girls into our vehicles. He told Kathy that she needed to drive straight to the VR police Dept. and get her Peddlers Permit. He then acted like he was doing us a favor and was going to have the permit funds of $60.00 waved. Kathy did go straight to the police department as Sgt. Brown followed her to the destination. I stayed in my van at the cookie booth parking lot with the remaining Girl Scouts. Upon Kathy returning she explained that all adults had to fill out paperwork and get peddlers permits and that we needed to return to the Police Department to get our drivers license and vehicle information on file. During this time I notified Jymme Reed with council of what was going on. Jymme called the City of Villa Rica and spoke with the City Manager Larry Woods. He explained how Girl Scout friendly the city of Villa Rica was and apologized for the Sgt. actions scaring the children. He told her to have me stop in at the City Hall and we would get this worked out. I immediately went to the city hall while Kathy Crook was back at the police station. During my time in City Hall speaking with Larry Woods, he explained that we could not be seen from the road, we could not use signage to advertised and he confirmed that we needed to have the proper permit. He invited another gentleman into the conversation who brought me a copy of the city regulations. I did not get the other manís name. This man informs me that he just got off the phone with Terry Bolen?? at the Villa Rica Police department and that she was waiting on us to get there so that she could issue us the necessary orange safety vests that must be worn by our Girl Scouts during in time that they are working the booth. I was also informed that EVERY leader or adult should be in possession of the proper paperwork or would risk receiving a ticket and once again our cookie booth being shut down. I explained to Mr. Woods that we were scheduled to work a cookie booth this weekend at Walgreens on Saturday and Sunday. We have already received permission from the location and submitted everything through ebudde. I carefully went over all the rules again specific to this location. He once again confirmed the vests must be worn, no signs used, the girls must stay only on the side walk next to the door. He then began saying that we should speak with the owner or manager and see where they would like us to stand. When I said that was what we had done today he did not have an answer. We were within all guidelines set up through GSGATL When I finally made it to the police department to complete the necessary paperwork Sgt. Brown was there. We had 8 children in the police department and 3 adults so that we could be issued our orange/yellow vests (which were not sized for children) and complete our paperwork.
GS Leader

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

You are from Douglasville. Your troop is at First Baptist in Douglasville.
Were you suppose to be selling in VR?
predsjack from Smashville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

that's where the isp is, not where they are from.
Bruce

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

I would have told the officer to write the ticket.

if its illegal to sell on the street corner, then why was the law excluded all of a sudden?
fire789

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2011

From what I hear she is not from our area. That is why she did not know. Boy this has exploded in our town. I heard that after Mar. 14, the press is going to report the other side.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Villa Rica Discussions

Search the Villa Rica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr jeb stuart 49,925
Sidewalk on I-20 - WTF? (Jun '12) 5 hr Raymond 11
Harvey's W-2 6 hr Grammar 19
Where are all the cops? 6 hr More pd drama 22
FB Support page for DVPD officers 8 hr Novice 15
Massage Parlor in Mirror Lake (Jan '11) Sun Justsomerandomdude 18
Hannah Hutchins Sun Bloop 1
•••
•••

Villa Rica News Video

•••
•••

Villa Rica Jobs