Abused power by HOA President Yockey

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HOAabuse

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Arbor Station HOA President/ Mayor Pro Temp Larry Yockey abused his power from May 2011 to November 2011. Mr. Yockey allowed Mayor Canidate Rochelle Robinson to use the Arbor Station Club house for monthly campaign meetings for free. According to her campaign records Larry Yockey donated $1,400.00 In-kind donation. I bet Larry wouldn't allow a resident of Arbor Station to use the facilty for free! Mr. Yockey is all about whats best for him and not the Citizens of Douglasville or the members of Arbor Station. His dual position has been a conflict of interest, but he doesn't think so. See below info that was taken from Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission.

Larry Yockey
9050 Parkway Cir

Douglasville, GA 30135

Retired

11/29/2011
In-Kind
General

Monthly Campaign Meetings - May thru Nov

$1,400.00
sparky

Douglasville, GA

#2 Oct 22, 2013
yeah, Yockey is a creep. How in the world he meandered himself into the position of "lord of Arbor station" is a mystery. Jeez, I hope he doesn't win the upcoming election, but if he does I hope he screws up to the point that he gets put into jail where he belongs.

No limit to how much I dislike this guy. He is an opportunist and a conniving snake in the grass.

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#3 Oct 23, 2013
HOAabuse wrote:
Arbor Station HOA President/ Mayor Pro Temp Larry Yockey abused his power from May 2011 to November 2011. Mr. Yockey allowed Mayor Canidate Rochelle Robinson to use the Arbor Station Club house for monthly campaign meetings for free. According to her campaign records Larry Yockey donated $1,400.00 In-kind donation. I bet Larry wouldn't allow a resident of Arbor Station to use the facilty for free! Mr. Yockey is all about whats best for him and not the Citizens of Douglasville or the members of Arbor Station. His dual position has been a conflict of interest, but he doesn't think so. See below info that was taken from Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission.

Larry Yockey
9050 Parkway Cir

Douglasville, GA 30135

Retired

11/29/2011
In-Kind
General

Monthly Campaign Meetings - May thru Nov

$1,400.00

Wow! Is there morning the homeowners can do to overthrow him? That does seen wrong. How does he have the power to donate something that isn't even his?
HOA Member

Douglasville, GA

#4 Oct 23, 2013
sparky wrote:
How in the world he meandered himself into the position of "lord of Arbor station" is a mystery.
No mystery, he just volunteered - and the people that cared enough about Arbor Station voted for him. The rest just stayed home.
wess12 wrote:
Is there morning the homeowners can do to overthrow him?
Assuming that you meant to say "nothing" instead of "morning", there is something the homeowners can do if they are unsatisfied - vote for someone else.

As far as the donation to Rochelle Robinson; could be above board maybe not. I have no idea. The Club House has been offered to scouts and similar organizations for free in the past. Maybe HOAabuse has asked and been rebuffed, or maybe HOAabuse is just slinging dirt. This is topix after all - it is not like we are in a place where civil discourse is conducted.

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#5 Oct 23, 2013
HOA Member wrote:
<quoted text>No mystery, he just volunteered - and the people that cared enough about Arbor Station voted for him. The rest just stayed home.

wess12 wrote, "Is there morning the homeowners can do to overthrow him?"

Assuming that you meant to say "nothing" instead of "morning", there is something the homeowners can do if they are unsatisfied - vote for someone else.

As far as the donation to Rochelle Robinson; could be above board maybe not. I have no idea. The Club House has been offered to scouts and similar organizations for free in the past. Maybe HOAabuse has asked and been rebuffed, or maybe HOAabuse is just slinging dirt. This is topix after all - it is not like we are in a place where civil discourse is conducted.
Yes, I did mean nothing.... Auto correct always gets me on the phone. Thanks for the response. Just have heard so much negative about him so I was curious as to why he was still HOA president. How long does the term last?
ASR

Columbus, GA

#7 Oct 23, 2013
HOA Member wrote:
<quoted text>
No mystery, he just volunteered - and the people that cared enough about Arbor Station voted for him. The rest just stayed home.
<quoted text>
A political candidate isn't the same as a scout organization or a church group. I will make sure when I want to rent the clubhouse next year for my kids birthday party to ask Larry for the free place. Since I was a Boy Scout I am sure he wouldn't mind. As a resident it bothers me that we pay $300 a year for HOA and then another $65 for the swim and tennis, but we let a Mayor candidate use the faculty for free. Did we let Terry Miller use the facility for free during his campaign? I bet we didn't even offer and he lives in our subdivision! Larry, used the clubs address for the donation and what that says is Arbor Station Subdivision or AS HOA endorsed this candidate. That's the point I am trying to make, so HOA member if you don't see the conflict then your na´ve or your Larry.
We wonder why we have a heard time collecting all of the HOA dues, because of crap like this. Wake up HOA board member.
sparky

Douglasville, GA

#8 Oct 23, 2013
When you have a creepy crook like Yockey (who, by the way, lives less than a block from the Arbor Station Club House) jump in and run things knowing that most "volunteer organizations" have a difficult time getting people to step forward and give of themselves, you get power hungry jerks setting up little evil empires.

If you vote for Larry Yockey, you are voting for a powermonger who has nothing better to do than to interfere with whatever you are doing.

God, please spare us from people like this. We deserve better and we are all too busy to play the role of policing those who would take advantage of us and our situations. Someone has to be in charge, but for some reason, those who want to be in charge are in it for all the wrong reasons. My hope is that karma is real and that Yockey gets more than what he wants. A lot more. He will deserve it.
HOA Member

Douglasville, GA

#9 Oct 24, 2013
ASR wrote:
<quoted text>
I will make sure when I want to rent the clubhouse next year for my kids birthday party to ask Larry for the free place.
Used to be that every member of the HOA in good standing got one free rental of the smaller building per year for things like birthday parties.
FoxHuntRes

Douglasville, GA

#10 Oct 26, 2013
I have been a resident of Arbor Station for a while. I have met Larry several times and seen him interact with other residents. The things I have noticed is that if he doesn't know you then he isn't going to make an effort to do so. I have read a lot of things how he has brought the neighborhood back and help bring the sidewalk to the neighborhood. Well the sidewalk was already in the works before Larry was elected to the City Council and Larry was just in Office when it was completed.

The second thing is Larry is the HOA President, but Larry didn't pay for the up keep all by his self. The residents of Arbor Station paid for all this and Larry just made sure the money was paid to have the work done. I am embarrassed for our community that this man continues to take all the praise for whats been done around here. This community was here before Larry and will be here after Larry. I have also heard several times that Larry's wife has made the comment if Larry doesn't win this next election we're moving. If this is true then this says it all about this man as its about Larry and not our community and our city. I don't care who wins but I can't stand a person who makes it all about them. I am sure many residents will provide the boxes for you Larry when you move. The slogan for our community on the board should read if you want the HOA to be run by a ego driven man move here. One final thing Larry you didn't help bring my value back up because of what you've done here in Arbor Station!
HOA Member

Douglasville, GA

#11 Oct 26, 2013
I wonder why a man who seems to be so disliked keeps getting reelected?

Every once in a while we have some people come on topix a complain about how the HOA at Arbor Station is run. Never has anyone said; Larry sucks and I am running for his seat on the Board. The only thing we get here on topix is anonymous complaining; Larry's ego this, Larry didn't welcome me that.

No, Larry did not pay anymore than any other member for any of the improvements that have been done while he has been on the Board. Larry DID step up and volunteer to be on the Board to ensure that the HOA's property is maintained.

Pools brought back from the dead.
Village signs replaced.
Ball fields cleaned up.
Tennis courts resurfaced.
Playground installed.
Landscaping improved.
Small clubhouse replaced.
Large clubhouse replaced.

And those are just the major projects. Somebody has to make sure all the every day items get done too.

Yes, the homeowners (and insurance) pays for everything, but the Board of Directors, under Larry's guidance gets it done.

If you do not have a better person for the job - who is willing to do the job - then you should just be thankful that there are people who volunteer to be on the Board.

Larry included.
Arbor station dot com

Mableton, GA

#12 Oct 26, 2013
Yeah my neighorhood hoa is the same: a few pissy ones whine about everything and the one guy that wants to run the pres out doesn't want to be pres.
Hoa's suck. My hood just has an entrance to maintain, otherswise ours is useless. That said, don't you people have some hoa website you could complain on? We really don't care here. We just wanna read about Kings Way, politics and the occasional business review.
juice

Douglasville, GA

#13 Oct 27, 2013
who the hell is Larry Yockey anyway?

Maybe if he hadn't done any of the things that someone says he has done, it wouldn't matter at all. Sounds like he creates projects for hissef and then brags about it. Us who don't live in his area could care less. We ain't goin to move there anyway.
whocares

Atlanta, GA

#14 Oct 29, 2013
juice wrote:
who the hell is Larry Yockey anyway?
Maybe if he hadn't done any of the things that someone says he has done, it wouldn't matter at all. Sounds like he creates projects for hissef and then brags about it. Us who don't live in his area could care less. We ain't goin to move there anyway.
Juice, your right about taking credit for everything that happens unless its bad. Then he blames the last group that ran something before him. This guy is a ticking time bomb. Larry created the internet also.
Mymoney

Douglasville, GA

#15 Nov 3, 2013
The HOA of Arbor Station has been hit with a law suit and caused us $5,000 in Attorney fees. Now the dues are going up. Can we have some more people step up to lead our subdivision. The meeting is in December, so let's show up and get some new faces guys. I wish Larry would start sending the news letters back out and fix that sorry website that we have. I feel that more people would get involved if the information was out there. See everyone in December.
HOA Member

Douglasville, GA

#16 Nov 3, 2013
Mymoney wrote:
Can we have some more people step up to lead our subdivision. The meeting is in December, so let's show up and get some new faces guys.
Why don't you run?
Mymoney wrote:
The meeting is in December, so let's show up and get some new faces guys.
With all the dislike for Larry it should be easy. There are six people in this thread alone. We could have half the Board replaced and then everything in Arbor Station will be perfect.
Mymoney wrote:
See everyone in December.
It would be unbelievable if 20 homeowners showed up.
juice

Douglasville, GA

#17 Nov 3, 2013
Seems like the first priority should be for everyone to go to the polls on Tuesday and vote for the Smith guy who is running against Yockey.That would be a good start.

Anyone know why the lawsuit was filed against Arbor Station? I'm glad I'm not in the middle of that mess. Just a curious observer.

And did I mention that after all the wrongdoing, blatent stupidity and greed among the current city council members, how nice it would feel and be to vote every one of those aholes out of there.
Mymoney

Hogansville, GA

#18 Nov 3, 2013
HOA Member wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you run?
<quoted text>
With all the dislike for Larry it should be easy. There are six people in this thread alone. We could have half the Board replaced and then everything in Arbor Station will be perfect.
<quoted text>
It would be unbelievable if 20 homeowners showed up.
What's your title on the board and maybe I can nominate you for the head position, unless you're already there? I would be honored to be on the board but travel 20 days a month for work. That's why I try to have confidents in our HOA to spend the money wisely.
I agree

Atlanta, GA

#19 Nov 4, 2013
Get a life people who bitch and complain
HOA Member wrote:
I wonder why a man who seems to be so disliked keeps getting reelected?
Every once in a while we have some people come on topix a complain about how the HOA at Arbor Station is run. Never has anyone said; Larry sucks and I am running for his seat on the Board. The only thing we get here on topix is anonymous complaining; Larry's ego this, Larry didn't welcome me that.
No, Larry did not pay anymore than any other member for any of the improvements that have been done while he has been on the Board. Larry DID step up and volunteer to be on the Board to ensure that the HOA's property is maintained.
Pools brought back from the dead.
Village signs replaced.
Ball fields cleaned up.
Tennis courts resurfaced.
Playground installed.
Landscaping improved.
Small clubhouse replaced.
Large clubhouse replaced.
And those are just the major projects. Somebody has to make sure all the every day items get done too.
Yes, the homeowners (and insurance) pays for everything, but the Board of Directors, under Larry's guidance gets it done.
If you do not have a better person for the job - who is willing to do the job - then you should just be thankful that there are people who volunteer to be on the Board.
Larry included.
Lets get informed

Atlanta, GA

#20 Nov 4, 2013
The lawsuit was filed by a greedy homeowner who is suing ASHOS, The City and 2 developers because of the flood of 2009. A once every 500 year flood she says damaged her property. REALLY!!!!
Mymoney wrote:
The HOA of Arbor Station has been hit with a law suit and caused us $5,000 in Attorney fees. Now the dues are going up. Can we have some more people step up to lead our subdivision. The meeting is in December, so let's show up and get some new faces guys. I wish Larry would start sending the news letters back out and fix that sorry website that we have. I feel that more people would get involved if the information was out there. See everyone in December.
Lets get informed

Atlanta, GA

#21 Nov 4, 2013
That was before people started trashing the clubhouses and the picnic areas and the pools. The lack of parenting and respect of public property
HOA Member wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to be that every member of the HOA in good standing got one free rental of the smaller building per year for things like birthday parties.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commissioner Kelly Robinson fails in BUSINESS (Jul '12) Tue FAUXRESUME 6
News Curb, gutter on deck for Dallas Highway Mon what 3
Why do black people CHOOSE to speak like slaves (Nov '11) Jan 14 ChicknButt 141
George Otis Poole Jan 11 Tolerman 3
I have A question.. (Jan '06) Jan 10 Kathy McKown 20
New Superintendent for DCSS (May '17) Jan 10 Retiring from DCS... 51
Loosest girl in villa rica Jan 10 DoDo-Kid 7

Villa Rica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance