Review: Stix Bar & Grill

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smalls

Powder Springs, GA

#1 Jan 31, 2010
I had such a great time at Stix. I had the best food I have ever had in Villa Rica.
The Lasagna was to die for and was made from scratch by the owner Helena who is a pool pro and can be seen on ESPN and ESPN Classic. I met friends there and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. As good as the lasagna was I cannot wait to go back to order the wings. My friends got wings and try as I may they would not give me another one after we all tried them and found them to be far and away better than anywhere else in Villa Rica, Douglasville or Carrollton.
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#2 Feb 8, 2010
Don't they have bands playing there also sometimes?
Wildcat

Villa Rica, GA

#3 Feb 8, 2010
To The Point wrote:
Don't they have bands playing there also sometimes?
Try this: "Do they have bands at times?" Sheesh.
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#4 Feb 8, 2010
Wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this: "Do they have bands at times?" Sheesh.
Well?

Since: Jan 10

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 15, 2010
My husband and his buddy like to go there to drink and eat wings. They always seem to have a good time, and they really like the bar tender (I think she' the owner).
Dave

Powder Springs, GA

#6 Feb 15, 2010
do they allow smoking inside>? If so, I don't care to visit

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2010
Dave wrote:
Yes. It's more a bar than a restaurant.
Dave

Powder Springs, GA

#8 Feb 15, 2010
forget it..... I wont be going in there..smoke is NASTY! doubt the place will survive because people dont care about going somewhere anymore and having to get lung cancer from second hand smoke.
Chilly

Villa Rica, GA

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Dave wrote:
forget it..... I wont be going in there..smoke is NASTY! doubt the place will survive because people dont care about going somewhere anymore and having to get lung cancer from second hand smoke.
Ladies and Gentlemen.....Captain Obvious strikes again!!
Ike Daddy Robinson

Douglasville, GA

#10 Mar 26, 2010
Dave wrote:
Yes they do I went to get my cousin a gift card cause he shoot pool. It was soooo smokey! I cound'nt wait to get out. Just imagine if I was to eat there. The appearance is nothing special. nice name that's all
Alex

United States

#11 Mar 26, 2010
Are there any bars around that do not allow smoking?Would like to go if there is .

Atlanta, GA

#12 Apr 2, 2010
Taco Mac or Irish Bread Pub (upstairs) in Douglasville are both bar/restaurants that do not allow smoking. The upstairs part of Bread Pub has a d.j. or trivia some nights. Taco Mac has pool I think. I think the only place with a bar that's nonsmoking in Villa Rica is O'Chalrle's. All of these places allow children under 18.
New to Forum

Carrollton, GA

#13 Aug 13, 2010
I enjoy the atmosphere there. The food is good and the service has been great. The waitresses that have attended us have always tried to make our experience pleasent.I am a non smoker too and the cigarette smoke has never bothered me. I guess though I go to enjoy myself and not focus on the other. Not being RUDE. It just doesnt bother me.
just wondering

Douglasville, GA

#14 Aug 15, 2010
SInce they allow smoking, are they selling meth on the DL?
why

Villa Rica, GA

#15 Dec 19, 2010
What does smoking cigarettes inside a public place have to do with smoking meth?? The place is great! Best pool tables in Carroll or douglas county. Wonderful waitress and bartenders, and VERY clean! And just a great place to going and a have a few drink, get a lil loose and have some fun...get away from things for a lil while.

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#16 Mar 6, 2012
There was a guy on this board one time talking about another bar in Villa Rica...Sports Page or something. Apparently, they have a live band. Anyways, trying to find a place to go this weekend, Saturday, St. Patrick's day!!!!! Any info mucho appreciated. Looks like Irish Bread is going to way too packed.

“I know, right!”

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#17 Mar 6, 2012
Is there a place in Hiram or Villa Rica called Spotlight Saloon?
To The Point

Ashburn, VA

#18 Mar 15, 2012
Kindred Spirit wrote:
Is there a place in Hiram or Villa Rica called Spotlight Saloon?
There used to be. It was on Highway 92 in Hiram, but it closed. Then it opened up under another name and new management, but it also died on the vine. So the building sits there vacant.

Sad....
Kindred Spirit

Douglasville, GA

#19 Mar 16, 2012
Thanks, To The Point! I heard they had some great live music and was really looking forward to checking them out! As per usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short! Well, guess I'll check out this Stix place! I am SO ready to let loose for a bit!
To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
There used to be. It was on Highway 92 in Hiram, but it closed. Then it opened up under another name and new management, but it also died on the vine. So the building sits there vacant.
Sad....

“I know, right!”

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#20 Mar 18, 2012
You guys are in for a real treat. Looks like "Mad Margritt" is coming to Stix 04/06. We saw them St. Patrick's night at Gipsons in Douglasville. WOW! PURE UNADULTERED HOT AS HELL ROCK AND ROLL! Very, very loud though, so be sure to take some ear protection if needed. We all had plugs in our ears by the end of the evening.

Crazy amazing! And a GOOD TIME had by all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bishop Eddie Long - Hypocrit, Bi-sexual, False ... (Sep '10) 1 hr Atheos Aphobos 55
racism in Douglasville.. (Feb '12) 5 hr General Robert E Lee 111
Why do so many Blacks drive with DEALER tags? (Oct '13) Mon Lester R 23
temple police (May '15) Sun mule 24
Why does Kaiser Permanente hire so many blacks? (Nov '11) Jan 14 sanrad 49
How do you get your property qualified for sect... (Jul '10) Jan 13 Stella Landry 71
See Ya Whitey!!! Jan 10 Tolerman 14

Villa Rica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages