Atlanta West Jewelry - out of business??

Atlanta West Jewelry - out of business??

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dville

Villa Rica, GA

#1 Jul 28, 2013
Went by atlanta west jewelry and there's a sign saying they're out of business after 16 years. I hate to see such a staple in the douglasville business community fold like this.

Does anyone know what happened?
PARENT

Ashburn, VA

#2 Jul 29, 2013
I received a mailing that they were moving to another location and that they wanted to sell as much as they could before they moved.

Who knows though! This is I believe the 2nd or 3rd time around!
Citizen

Lawrenceville, GA

#3 Jul 29, 2013
Their store banner states they're going out of business. :(
DvillCit

Panama City, FL

#4 Jul 29, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Their store banner states they're going out of business.:(
Where will the dancing man out front go????
So B it

Douglasville, GA

#5 Jul 30, 2013
When you rip people off for years and cheat others, it eventually catches up to you.

So be it.
Megan

Douglasville, GA

#6 Jul 30, 2013
The sign I saw said closing and MOVING.
Citizen

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 Aug 1, 2013
I think they are going out of business, not moving.
Citizen

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Aug 1, 2013
Just talked with them today and they said they are closing and will re-open at another location in Douglasville. They would not disclose their new location at this time, but they plan to stay in business and will re-open a week after they sell everything at their current location.
Dville

Villa Rica, GA

#9 Aug 2, 2013
It's really strange that they won't tell you where they are moving and when they'll be re-opened till after they sell everything and collect all their assets. Seems a little fishy!
Book Nerd

Douglasville, GA

#10 Aug 13, 2013
I was in there the other week and they told me they were closing and would move the rest of their inventory to one of their other stores.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Aug 13, 2013
Book Nerd wrote:
I was in there the other week and they told me they were closing and would move the rest of their inventory to one of their other stores.
They have a bridal shop. Where are their other jewelry stores?
Bobby

Villa Rica, GA

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Book Nerd wrote:
Sounds like a family issue or mis-managment of business funds causing a business failure.

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#13 Aug 13, 2013
They only have 1 store.
Jess

Douglasville, GA

#14 Aug 14, 2013
Sounds to me like a big ploy to buy up all of their inventory and then say, "OH! We actually get to stay in our current location. Yay, us!"
Book Nerd

Douglasville, GA

#15 Aug 16, 2013
Not sure. I'm not familiar with the company. They made it sound like they had other store locations.
Book Nerd

Douglasville, GA

#16 Aug 16, 2013
I was hoping their Levian line would be 70% off. Ha! No such luck :)
Dville Mama

Peachtree City, GA

#17 Aug 16, 2013
I stopped in there the other day because I saw the 70% off sign. While they had many beautiful pieces it was still far too rich for my blood. Also it wasn't 70% off, it was up to 70% off when I went in.
Orgasmatron

Douglasville, GA

#18 Aug 16, 2013
Has it occurred to anyone here just how unnecessary jewelry is? It's about as useful as a losing lottery ticket, a waste of financial resources that could be better put to use to educate yourselves, better your lot in life and help others. Those nipple rings you keep buying are not benefitting anyone except Atlanta West Jewelry.
Just how shallow can you be, that you worry publically about whether a rip off jewelry store is going to go out of business or not? Children down the street from you are going to bed hungry, and your friends have silent financial worries, and you are screwing around trying to get 70 percent off of crap that doesn't matter at all in the scheme of things. Is this the meaning of your lives?
God, please open these people's tattooed and pierced eyes that they might see what senseless morons that they are. And flatten all their tires so they can't make it over to Atlanta West Jewelry who is going out of business because they have no meaningful service to humankind.
Worshipping idols ... the golden calf. That's what you jewelry freaks are doing.
Except for people who enjoy making their own jewelry by hanging out at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. That's O.K. It's you bling fanatics I'm talking about. Get a friggin' life. Spend your money on something that makes a difference to people in need.
The Real Deal

Salem, AL

#19 Aug 21, 2013
They are moving 2 doors down in the same shopping center its a typical ploy to sell overpriced jewelry . They are not going out of business they will continue ripping people off for many years to come.
butch K

Carrollton, GA

#20 Aug 21, 2013
may be their annual going out of business sale

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: One Eyed Willy's Bar & Grill (Mar '09) 20 hr Useless 5
Reception Venues Fri Hanuh16 1
Obama Blackmails Public Schools Fri Kidstone 22
Bathroom Preference Fri Kidstone 1
Poll Let's take a vote for Douglas County Sheriff 2016 Fri Raymond 36
No SPLOSH for Foxhole Thu Painful 27
Clint Payne - PsychoTherapist (Nov '09) May 25 jake kesey 156
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages