Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

MirrorLakeMan wrote:
I'm unsure what "the CRACK" is, or what the significance of it being a "known Black community for 50 years" is. Perhaps you can enlighten me...do you mean to imply that the proximity to a "known Black community" is detrimental, in and of itself, to the value of Mirror Lake? Is it simply that an area of high crime exists nearby? I know that much of Villa Rica is "run-down" and that there are meth dens near the hospital. Too many communities in metro Atlanta are facing similar difficulties.
Hmm.
see your ignorant from the start..The CRACK is a neighborhood that has been in villa rica for over 50 years.All the locals know the CRACK.many generations of black families lived there, and still do.I thank alot of some folk who live there.mirror lake was built o land directly behind the crack.So the hood was already there and your subdivision moved into it..So oyur the one stuck with the over prced housing.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

sgt major wrote:
<quoted text>
see your ignorant from the start..The CRACK is a neighborhood that has been in villa rica for over 50 years.All the locals know the CRACK.many generations of black families lived there, and still do.I thank alot of some folk who live there.mirror lake was built o land directly behind the crack.So the hood was already there and your subdivision moved into it..So oyur the one stuck with the over prced housing.
Ignorant indeed, I suppose, as I've only lived in Mirror Lake for a year. I wonder what the choices would have been should I have elected to live somewhere else. Either way, the point is moot as I live in ML now and enjoy what I have there. Can you tell me more about "The Crack?" If nothing else, I will learn a little bit more about the history of Villa Rica. Where exactly is "The Crack?" I may have to Google Map it.
Mirror lake resident-NOT

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

You moved into a black area of town.Had oyu rode around abit or did some looking, you would have noticed you moved in the rear of a major black section of town, has been for over 60 years.YOUR the ones who is out of place.These black kids have been playing in these woods for YEARS.and their kids did, and thier kids did also
lives nearby

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Can somebody go and ask these kids to please stop scaring the white people. If I could just stand in the street and bounce a ball and freak everybody out I would probably do it for
fun all day long. Lighten up people! If you want to keep drugs and crime out of your neighborhood you need to all work together and be on the lookout for criminal activity. Making racially insensitive comments is not going to help bring the community together.
FASTRACK JAMES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

his millionaire status probably revolves around getting a welfare check every month.makes him feel like amillion dollars
concerned

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Judged:

The main problem with mirrorlake is the woman that runs the hoa from the clubhouse she shouldnt be in charge of our neighborhood and funds.If we dont get her out soon she will have every tree in the subdivision cut down. From what I understand she is not from here but lives in alabama so I know theres no way she has an intrest in mirrorlake.Someone also told me she has no training whatsoever in managing an hoa.Most everyone I spoke with said she gets an attitude if you question her about anything.Has anyone had an experience or know of a neighbor that has had issues with her?
Jim

Harrison, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

I am planning on moving to Villa Rica.
Can anyone tell me how the Carrington development is (Mirror lake - Carrington Pkwy, Dartmoth Way, New Haven Ln)?
I really appreciate your input (especially about crime in this neighbour hood).

Thank you.
BZL

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Jim wrote:
I am planning on moving to Villa Rica.
Can anyone tell me how the Carrington development is (Mirror lake - Carrington Pkwy, Dartmoth Way, New Haven Ln)?
I really appreciate your input (especially about crime in this neighbour hood).
Thank you.
Look at Brandywine Lakes near Mirror Lake.
It is decent and much more affordable than Mirror Lake. HOA is cheaper too. We have lived here for 2 years and haven't seen any problems.
mary boyle

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

I was planning on moving to Mirror Lake.....not now with all these comments.......
nobody 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Don't believe everything you hear or you will end up doing nothing out of unwaranted fear.
mary boyle

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

John wrote:
Why can't this subdivision take action against the hood from taking over the subdivision? I can't drive through Mirror Lake anymore without being yelled at or a black person standing in the road refusing to move. This is wrong and I am selling my home immediately. Section 8 is clearly coming. The developer should take accountability for putting rental property in this promised to be subdivision. The black hoods need to learn respect. Get the hood out!!!
John what is section8?????????
mary

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

John what is section 8??????????
carol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

John wrote:
Why can't this subdivision take action against the hood from taking over the subdivision? I can't drive through Mirror Lake anymore without being yelled at or a black person standing in the road refusing to move. This is wrong and I am selling my home immediately. Section 8 is clearly coming. The developer should take accountability for putting rental property in this promised to be subdivision. The black hoods need to learn respect. Get the hood out!!!
\

the hood was there before the mirror lake was.There has been a large project called the crack there since as far back as I can remember.Mirror lake residents should have done their homework before they bought here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

With the current financial crisis gaining steam, many of the homes in our section of Mirror Lake have been bought up in foreclosure. I don't think that any of them are section 8, but I no longer doubt that you'll find those homes in the parts near Stockmar Road.

Either way, once this crisis is over, we'll be back to business as usual.

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

MirrorLakeMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant indeed, I suppose, as I've only lived in Mirror Lake for a year. I wonder what the choices would have been should I have elected to live somewhere else. Either way, the point is moot as I live in ML now and enjoy what I have there. Can you tell me more about "The Crack?" If nothing else, I will learn a little bit more about the history of Villa Rica. Where exactly is "The Crack?" I may have to Google Map it.
To those who do not know what the "Crack" is. The crack is that area of Cleghorn Street off US 78 on the East side of Villa Rica. This area was and is mostly black. However as someone who grew up in Villa Rica and started a law enforcement career at Villa Rica PD it is true that the "Crack" has had it problems. But tell me one neighborhood that did not have problems. No area or community is immune to crime. But the crime can be combated with a proactive approach by the persons living in the community. Thus the "Community Watch" program and others came about. There were many drug raids in the late 70's and up. It should be noted that there were many arrests of "WHITE" individuals in these raids. There were also raids in other sections of Villa Rica, but as the old saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Many of the black residents hated the problem and wanted something done. So law enforcement concentrated their enforcement in that area and it got all the news print and thus that reputation. So I for one can tell you that crime can be attributed to all races, sex, creed, national origin, and wealth.

I can tell you one thing for sure as I was involved in it. One night one of the officers from VRPD on patrol was shot at on patrol in the crack. Well during the ensuing influx of officers from all over the area who were running right and left trying to get answers, Chester Hancock, former Chief of Police , who had been replaced by an "Atlanta" officer, strolled into the crowd speaking to some individuals. In about 10 minutes HE had the shooter in custody, not the new "big city Chief. Know why he was able to do this. He treated all people the same and had the RESPECT of the blacks and whites in Villa Rica.

I left the Villa Rica area about 30 years ago. A lot has changed over these years. I still go through there from time to time. It was and will always be my hometown. The "Crack" is not in the news as it once was. Is there still a drug problem there, is there gang activity there? I do not know but most likely there still is, as well as in other parts of the city. There has been great deal of growth in this area. But Villa Rica is a city with a rich history from Gold, to the wonderful songs of Thomas Dorsey, to the invention of Coca Cola.

Watch this video. Take this mans first words to heart. BTW to those who keep invoking "Black & White" in the argument. FYI I am a white male.

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Very well-written, and thank you.

Cheers,
MLM
John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who do not know what the "Crack" is. The crack is that area of Cleghorn Street off US 78 on the East side of Villa Rica. This area was and is mostly black. However as someone who grew up in Villa Rica and started a law enforcement career at Villa Rica PD it is true that the "Crack" has had it problems. But tell me one neighborhood that did not have problems. No area or community is immune to crime. But the crime can be combated with a proactive approach by the persons living in the community. Thus the "Community Watch" program and others came about. There were many drug raids in the late 70's and up. It should be noted that there were many arrests of "WHITE" individuals in these raids. There were also raids in other sections of Villa Rica, but as the old saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Many of the black residents hated the problem and wanted something done. So law enforcement concentrated their enforcement in that area and it got all the news print and thus that reputation. So I for one can tell you that crime can be attributed to all races, sex, creed, national origin, and wealth.
I can tell you one thing for sure as I was involved in it. One night one of the officers from VRPD on patrol was shot at on patrol in the crack. Well during the ensuing influx of officers from all over the area who were running right and left trying to get answers, Chester Hancock, former Chief of Police , who had been replaced by an "Atlanta" officer, strolled into the crowd speaking to some individuals. In about 10 minutes HE had the shooter in custody, not the new "big city Chief. Know why he was able to do this. He treated all people the same and had the RESPECT of the blacks and whites in Villa Rica.
I left the Villa Rica area about 30 years ago. A lot has changed over these years. I still go through there from time to time. It was and will always be my hometown. The "Crack" is not in the news as it once was. Is there still a drug problem there, is there gang activity there? I do not know but most likely there still is, as well as in other parts of the city. There has been great deal of growth in this area. But Villa Rica is a city with a rich history from Gold, to the wonderful songs of Thomas Dorsey, to the invention of Coca Cola.
Watch this video. Take this mans first words to heart. BTW to those who keep invoking "Black & White" in the argument. FYI I am a white male.

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

MirrorLakeMan wrote:
Very well-written, and thank you.
Cheers,
MLM
<quoted text>
My pleasure sir. My family and I had looked at Mirror Lake before buying our home in 2004. Found several great homes that we liked in the area. But got a great deal on a home in Haralson County. Still, as I say with pride, Villa Rica is my HOMETOWN.
Tgr future VR Resident

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John,
Thanks for your comments i am from South Florida and wanted to relocate to Villa Rica to raise my children in more family oriented atmosphere but i was blown away by the racist and very ignorant responses from some of these people. I don't want to be exposed to such ignorance. I was really starting to have second thoughts about this move and still do...but your comments helped to put a little bit of confidence back into the people of this area...thank you again!

“Home In Georgia Now”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Tgr future VR Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John,
Thanks for your comments i am from South Florida and wanted to relocate to Villa Rica to raise my children in more family oriented atmosphere but i was blown away by the racist and very ignorant responses from some of these people. I don't want to be exposed to such ignorance. I was really starting to have second thoughts about this move and still do...but your comments helped to put a little bit of confidence back into the people of this area...thank you again!
My pleasure. Villa Rica is like any other city in West Georgia, well like most any city anywhere for that matter. There are problems with crime, gangs, wanna be gangsters, etc.

That is one thing I like about Haralson County. True there is not a "lot to do" in the area. However the location is perfect IMHO. I can be on the beaches at Tybee Island in a little over 5 hours, on the beaches in the Florida panhandle in a few hours, in Chattanooga in about 2 hours, in the mountains of North Ga or NC/TN in 3 hours etc. Quick access to Atlanta or Birmingham via I-20. Just some food for thought for an area other than Villa Rica.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of122
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Villa Rica Discussions

Search the Villa Rica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 11 min rename 39,643
Marriage Counselors in Douglasville 2 hr Thought 6
Circle K Homicide (Updated info & Photo) Rewar... (Sep '09) 7 hr CONCERNED 18
Douglas Co School Board 16 hr anon 2
Pennsylvania school stabbing, 18 hr wess12 48
Dalia Racine??? 20 hr To Monique 20
Thank you TSM! (Jul '09) 21 hr Raymond 45
•••
•••

Villa Rica News Video

•••
•••

Villa Rica Jobs