The Hood destroying Mirror Lake

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
John

Athens, GA

#1 Jul 22, 2007
Why can't this subdivision take action against the hood from taking over the subdivision? I can't drive through Mirror Lake anymore without being yelled at or a black person standing in the road refusing to move. This is wrong and I am selling my home immediately. Section 8 is clearly coming. The developer should take accountability for putting rental property in this promised to be subdivision. The black hoods need to learn respect. Get the hood out!!!
MirrorLakeMan

Carrollton, GA

#2 Aug 13, 2007
John wrote:
Why can't this subdivision take action against the hood from taking over the subdivision? I can't drive through Mirror Lake anymore without being yelled at or a black person standing in the road refusing to move. This is wrong and I am selling my home immediately. Section 8 is clearly coming. The developer should take accountability for putting rental property in this promised to be subdivision. The black hoods need to learn respect. Get the hood out!!!
In which subdivisions are you finding this to be a problem? I haven't seen too much of it, but I'm in one of the newer ones by the elementary school. I have seen, however, some young kids in the streets when driving by the older areas toward the golf clubhouse. Seems to me that the kids were of all ethnicities and exhibited the all-too-typical brashness of this current generation of teens. I know exactly who to blame...the parents. If I caught my son out acting like that, he wouldn't be able to sit for a month. That or he'd end up in military school.
Kimberly

Florence, SC

#3 Aug 14, 2007
The main problem in Mirror Lake are the sections on stockmare road side. The fatal shooting, The blacks that choose not to use the cart path, The blacks running everyone off at the pool, The black kids throwing rocks at cars as they pass by. The threat of violence with the blacks, vandalism, Loud car music, cars all over the street, etc.

The Mirror Lake development appears to be go downhill fast. I have just sold me home, thankfully with a 48,000 loss just to get out.

They graded and cut streets in next to the bad sections and seem to have abandoned the project. Another (-) sign.

Mirror Lake exemplifies all the beginnings of gang development. Gangs are like ants, one day nothing the next you have a mound. Douglasville has a major gang problem and now hugh crime. Villa Rica and Mirror Lake is not far behind.
V Reynolds

AOL

#4 Aug 15, 2007
You all need to get a life! I have driven in your neighborhood and there are some white kids hanging out and will not get out of the street. This should not be about color. Kids will be kids. If you don't have a recreational place for them to hang out at then the streets will be their choice. Stop playing the race card and play the human being card or maybe yet the Christian card. God bless you all and give you a kinder heart without hate.
V Reynolds

AOL

#5 Aug 15, 2007
Were are you going to move to that is not a mixed neighborhood. The moon even have people that you are not going to like. Just incase you have not noticed there are also white gang members.
annie

United States

#6 Aug 23, 2007
I have lived in mirror lake for a while now and have never seen any of the vices you guys are talking about.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#7 Sep 2, 2007
For giggles, I drove around the Stockmar Road area to see if I could find signs of the "dangerous element." Happy to report that I saw no signs of what was written about previously. I continue to look for signs of gangs and gang violence in my own neighborhood, but am at a loss to find it. Again, I would guess that the issue is more closely linked to socioeconomics and less so with ethnicity. Perhaps I live in an ivory tower as I have elected to live in one of the 3 upscale neighborhoods in Mirror Lake. Perhaps not...everybody I have encountered from all neighborhoods at the tennis courts, pools, etc., have been friendly. Perhaps people spend more time looking for trouble than seeing how little there is. Come on, people, sometimes the glass is half-full.
Nobody Important

United States

#8 Nov 25, 2007
The element is there, but it is not as rapant as some of these posts suggest. Yes, Mirror Lake has Section 8 housing and unfortunately the developer has no control. It is under the control of the home-owners. They elect to put their homes under Section 8 because it's guaranteed payment each month from the government. All of our property values are dropping or remaining stagnant due to the poor choices by the land developers around Mirror Lake.(Did we really need a Dollar General on Connors?) Yes, we have young punks living here, both black and white. It can be contolled by fighting the city codes and stopping development of low end retail. Remember this past summer residents fought and won to stop the placement of a Self-Storage complex right outside the main gate. My point is this... keep our property values high and growing to make our neighborhood desireable and there will be no need for Section 8 housing because people will actually move here who can afford it. Do this and you rid yourseld of the negative element that has become present. Better people, better parents = better kids.
tpt

Decatur, GA

#9 Nov 28, 2007
Ride thru West Villa MHP. On North and South Villa Rd, you'll see teen prostitution,drug deals in the middle of the road, teens proudly walking around with open beer containers, fights and murder!!!! I'll take Mirror Lake over this anyday...
roco

Dallas, GA

#11 Jun 13, 2008
There is no gang activity and most of the kids they speak of if you talk to them ,its yes mam yes sir.I am a white male and just because you see a black kid with a doo rag on his head doesn't mean he s a gang member.Sure theres a few kids in here like anywhere else that cause trouble but all in all their good kids.
Millionaire Milrror Lake

Lithonia, GA

#12 Jun 15, 2008
Hello , I would just like to add that ALL BLACKS are not hood!! There are a few of us in Mirror Lake (close to Publix) that are civilized. You should be careful how you phrase hood. My home is actually one of the largest in the area and actually you probably use my services regular on the internet and are tottaly unaware that the owner is black. Stop basing everything on color...thats ignorant. Now realistically I have seen a change in the area . There are tons of kids walking in the road especially in groups of 5 and 6 . Yes it is ridiculous but its not all black and I feel that JOHN at the top of this post should not refer to BLACKS AS HOOD...
Black Male
Millionaire
Mirror Lake
Millionaire Mirror Lake

Lithonia, GA

#13 Jun 15, 2008
John I understand your point but I do feel like you should NOT refer to all blacks as Hood . I mean come on I drive pass Publix and see a bunch of kids walking in groups bouncing basket balls and standing in the streets. Is it ridiculous....YEs but all blacks are not hood. I have one of the largest homes in Mirror Lake and yes I am black and you know that all blacks are not the same. It all stems from the way the parents are raising the kids. Have I seen a change in mirror lake from when I first came...YES but it can stem from mexicans, blacks , whites....stop using color and just say section 8 ..because in your statement you basically defined being black as section 8 which is extremely unfair and un ethical. I could lend you a few hundred thou probably..Good Luck in life
moneymaker

Cumming, GA

#14 Jun 15, 2008
there is no problem with mirror lake theres is kids just having fun you might think there messing with you but you just dont like black kids

Location hidden

#15 Jun 19, 2008
I haven't revisited this thread in some time, but I think the sentiment John expresses is, unfortunately, typical of what I read expressed on this board. While there is some truth to the fact that stereotypes exist for a reason, not every individual within a certain ethnic group, religious affiliation, or cultural group fits that stereotype. Look at society at large. Things have decayed over the past several decades and not just along ethnic lines. I agree with our millionaire neighbor, plenty of folks have given up on parenting in order to afford the "American Dream." Double income households are common, particularly in neighborhoods that aspire to a "higher standard" of living. I would say our lifestyle stands in stark contrast to that of our neighbors across the ocean. They happily live in flats, bike or take mass transit, work 30 hrs a week, and are fine without owning Ferraris and mansions. It's all a matter of perspective and priority.

I drive through my neighborhood everyday. On occasion, there is a group of teens walking en masse, dribbling a basketball. I don't think that has to be seen as something sinister. These are kids going to get some exercise. So long as they aren't acting disrespectful (or any more so than the average teen), I don't have a problem with it. I don't feel that they eyeball me when I drive by, even though I drive a vehicle they may covet. Kids are kids and I am actually happy that they are outside exercising rather than planting themselves in front of the boob tube and playing XBox. Yes, there seem to be the occasional few who stand in the middle of the road, proclaiming their teen age defiance by not moving for oncoming traffic. To be a teen-ager is to have some attitude. Are we all so old that we don't remember having a little defiance in us? With the right environment, they will grow out of it. We just live in times of heightened tensions and distrust. We, and they, are products of this environment.

Take a look around the custom sections of Mirror Lake. Many of the nicer homes are populated by people of color, mine included. Many of us are not extended beyond our means, conduct ourselves appropriately, and are raising good families, just like everybody else.

I still like living in Mirror Lake.

Millionaire, I wonder if I've driven by your house? I love taking guests around Overlook and South Harbour, sightseeing.

Cheers,
MLM

“Sarah Palin/Lynn Spears 2012!!”

Since: Jun 08

C-Town

#16 Jun 19, 2008
John wrote:
I hope you sell your house, and move out to the middle of woods so no person has to have your ignorance pushed upon them. I have been to villa rica, and have family living there, and know that you probably bring any negative attention you get upon yourself, but I am sad to say you are in the majority of the racists. I HOPE more minorities of all type move in, that way my brothers don't have to go to a honky filled school filled with kids whose parents are racists.

C-Town

#17 Jun 19, 2008
moneymaker wrote:
there is no problem with mirror lake theres is kids just having fun you might think there messing with you but you just dont like black kids
BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. If it was white kids, they would just be having fun. These kids only mistake is not being a mischievous kid, but being a mischievous BLACK kid.
unconcerned citizen

United States

#18 Jun 22, 2008
MirrorLakeMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In which subdivisions are you finding this to be a problem? I haven't seen too much of it, but I'm in one of the newer ones by the elementary school. I have seen, however, some young kids in the streets when driving by the older areas toward the golf clubhouse. Seems to me that the kids were of all ethnicities and exhibited the all-too-typical brashness of this current generation of teens. I know exactly who to blame...the parents. If I caught my son out acting like that, he wouldn't be able to sit for a month. That or he'd end up in military school.
this subdivision was built right behind the CRACK, a known black community for 50 years.Should have done your homework before you bought into this over priced ghetto

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2008
I'm unsure what "the CRACK" is, or what the significance of it being a "known Black community for 50 years" is. Perhaps you can enlighten me...do you mean to imply that the proximity to a "known Black community" is detrimental, in and of itself, to the value of Mirror Lake? Is it simply that an area of high crime exists nearby? I know that much of Villa Rica is "run-down" and that there are meth dens near the hospital. Too many communities in metro Atlanta are facing similar difficulties.

Hmm.

C-Town

#20 Jun 24, 2008
I agree MirrorLakeMan, it seems cops are turning a blind eye to the increasing hard drug usage by whites, especially in rural areas.
sgt major

Roy, WA

#21 Jul 2, 2008
VILLA RICA RESIDENT wrote:
I love Villa Rica. I live about 1/2 from the Mirror Lake Subdivision. It is beautiful! My husband and I drive through it all the time...it is our dream to live there. We have NEVER seen any gang activity. Most of the african-american teens that are not original Georgians are suburban teens from up North. These teens come from goo families. However, living the american dream causes a lot of latch key children....and they have idle time. I wish we had a boys and girls club or a church where the minority teens could fit in without feeling seperate(even in the churches here we are seperate and equal at the same time. When you talk about gangs...there is a difference between kids standing around bored and teen criminals. I can take you to Chicago, New York, or LA and show you real gangs. Keep speaking things into existance and your worst nightmare may come true...With the market crash non of us can move at this time! Most of the Villa Rica teens families are very very hard working families living the american dream of raising their families in a good environment. Take a look in other places in Villa Rica and you walk past the young people with their teeth missing due to meth addictions, or smell the meth labs cooking,or all of the children in foster care....I am african american and a foster parent and I have yet to foster an african american child. I have only fosters white children here in Carrollton so you can not base gangs, drugs, and povetry on the color of a persons skin. Judge people by the content of their character!
your dreams must not be very deep rooted if oyu chose VILLA RICA as a dream place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reuniting the original 1820-1840 Carroll county... (Mar '13) 2 hr EasterwoodCoffman... 21
Review: Lea Marie Scott Mon LJay 2
crime in douglasville, ga (Jan '07) Dec 9 Tolerman 482
Smyrna police car Dec 8 Anony Mos 5
News Downtown businesses band together to shine spot... Dec 7 logic 6
Sleeping Naked (Apr '16) Dec 7 Wayne 5
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing Dec 7 taxpayer 112 9

Villa Rica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages