You Think That it Can't Happen Here?

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#1 Mar 17, 2013
I know most of you do not show much interest in our economy and that we are now almost 17 trillion dollars in debt. Obama doesn't care and says we can carry as much as 22 trillion dollars in debt with no worries. Many economists are pointing out that we will be the next Greece. Well just look how bad it is in Greece. The government now wants to take 10% of the money people have deposited in banks.
I would guess that the people that live on government assistance don't care as long as they keep getting their money. Link below.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/17/us-...

Since: May 12

Austell, GA

#2 Mar 18, 2013
No, I do not think that could happen here. If it does you can say "I told you so."

Douglasville, GA

#3 Mar 18, 2013
trystme wrote:
No, I do not think that could happen here. If it does you can say "I told you so."
Then you are foolish and trust your government way too much. It has already happened in other countries and we are almost 17 trillion in debt. We are actually bankrupt. If I tell you I told you so, then it is too late and we are in really deep s**t.
Lets all act like responsible adults and do something about our problems to avoid such a thing. That is the only reasonable and logical solution. Quit sticking your head in the sand.

Douglasville, GA

#4 Mar 18, 2013
trystme wrote:

You had better start reading the headlines on the web. The s**t is already starting to hit the fan. I just started to read the news and it is looking bleak as now many other countries may also want to confiscate peoples savings.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WORLD_...

Douglasville, GA

#5 Mar 19, 2013
New Zealand is now the next country to try and confiscate pensions and savings accounts. This is beginning to look like a trend.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA1303/S00306/...
billy

Carrollton, GA

#6 Mar 20, 2013
this why debit cards are being pushed so much.The govt has access to get out whatever they want and you will LIKE it.
billy

Carrollton, GA

#7 Mar 20, 2013
once there is a cashless society, you will have to have the mark of the beast to buy or sell... the debit card, then when people are held up in the streets for the card and killed over it, then it wil be placed in your HAND so others cant steal it.You will have to take the chip or starve to death
Mike

Douglasville, GA

#8 Mar 20, 2013
So all this time it was not the mexicans taking the jobs? Its Obama!

Since: May 12

Austell, GA

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are foolish and trust your government way too much. It has already happened in other countries and we are almost 17 trillion in debt. We are actually bankrupt. If I tell you I told you so, then it is too late and we are in really deep s**t.
Lets all act like responsible adults and do something about our problems to avoid such a thing. That is the only reasonable and logical solution. Quit sticking your head in the sand.
So, if you really believe that this could happen in the US, have you taken all of your money out of banks or other financial institutions? Do you keep your money under the mattress? Buried in the back yard perhaps?

Douglasville, GA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
trystme wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if you really believe that this could happen in the US, have you taken all of your money out of banks or other financial institutions? Do you keep your money under the mattress? Buried in the back yard perhaps?
I am not stupid as I look and wouldn't you love to know? I do believe if the worlds economies get desperate enough any country will go to any means to try and pull something out of a hat. Some country will use a diversion such as a war, while others will find ways to raise money through any means possible.
The only good thing that has come about in this crisis is that the Greece Parliament voted down the confiscation of savings and retirement funds. What dirty trick will they next try to use? Other countries are still looking at that option and who really knows how desperate the banks and the governments are?
Just always remember that nothing in this life is for sure or that secure.

Douglasville, GA

#12 Mar 26, 2013
Gee, I made a post about how many countries in Europe were seriously going to look at taking 20% of peoples savings like they are in Greece. The post just somehow never made it onto this page. Odd, hmmmm.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Mar 26, 2013
Yeah! What happened to post #11???????? Is anyone else aware that certain posts are being deleted? Are the Topix monitors doing that? I thought the only posts the monitors could delete were the ones with offensive language. I had no idea they could control the posts with THEIR political ideology.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#15 Mar 26, 2013
I just made (another) post referencing a thread I started this morning. Interestingly, it's not showing...

Location hidden

#16 Mar 26, 2013
ooops, #14 DOES show up...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Mar 26, 2013
I don't see #14 !!!!!

Douglasville, GA

#19 Mar 26, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
ooops,#14 DOES show up...
Sorry but post #14 is missing.
doctor Frank

Carrollton, GA

#20 Mar 27, 2013
banks are setting everyone up on a direct deposit system so the government can ZAP 10% of your bank account balance on any given day or take 1% per month and most people don't look at their statements anyway

Location hidden

#21 Mar 27, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but post #14 is missing.
It shows up if I'm logged in.

Hmmm...
ChicknNoodleSoup

Douglasville, GA

#22 Mar 27, 2013
BigDummy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not stupid as I look
(In William Shattner voice): Too. Many. Possible. Answers. Can't. Choose. Just. One......

Since: Sep 09

United States

#23 Mar 27, 2013
You know something Bigdave1....nobody believed my Dad in the late '50s and early 60's when he told them if you keep filling out those Federal forms and sending them into the schools the Federal government will be running our public school system and will destroy it.

Keep giving us the news...thanks!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) 4 hr Courtney Galler 12
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 7 hr taxpayer 112 41
why do black people smell (Aug '12) 10 hr saddened by America 35
Don't Shoot Thu shirley 5
time to step down Chris Thu 7+6 37
Review: Diamond Traders (Jun '10) Wed Raymond 16
Chief Redface no leader Dec 17 dulce mia 20

Villa Rica News Video

Villa Rica Dating
Find my Match