Our current political leaders

Our current political leaders

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

Mr Cumberbunch

Atlanta, GA

#1 Dec 8, 2013
Yes, this is a guarded post, because I don't want to risk the employment health of any County employees or City employees.
The current Mayor and Commission Chairman are on a self induced rock star tour. They both feel as though they can strong arm people.
They need to rethink how they look at our community. That's all I can say at the moment, but this is a message sent to them. The voters in the community do have a say in how our County and City are run.
Politics is a different game now compared to even 10 years ago. Transparency sucks doesn't it guys?
Well

United States

#2 Dec 9, 2013
Transparency sucks, yet all you have is innuendo?

Of course the voters have a say, when they actually show up and vote or bother to come to a meeting. BTW, the mayor and Commission chair each passed their most recent tests with the voters.

Please, come back when you actually have something to say.
Please

Oxford, GA

#3 Dec 9, 2013
Well wrote:
Transparency sucks, yet all you have is innuendo?
Of course the voters have a say, when they actually show up and vote or bother to come to a meeting. BTW, the mayor and Commission chair each passed their most recent tests with the voters.
Please, come back when you actually have something to say.
The mayor has been in office two years and will be for another two. Do tell which "test" he recently passed with voters.
Well

United States

#4 Dec 9, 2013
The vote that put him there.

Wouldn't you be more interested in the facts that would support Mr Cumberbunch's statements?

Or is sinister innuendo enough for you?
Joe Yule IV

Atlanta, GA

#5 Dec 9, 2013
Mr Cumberbunch wrote:
Yes, this is a guarded post, because I don't want to risk the employment health of any County employees or City employees.
The current Mayor and Commission Chairman are on a self induced rock star tour. They both feel as though they can strong arm people.
They need to rethink how they look at our community. That's all I can say at the moment, but this is a message sent to them. The voters in the community do have a say in how our County and City are run.
Politics is a different game now compared to even 10 years ago. Transparency sucks doesn't it guys?
I hear they BOTH eat grapes out of the bag before paying for them. I mean, more than just the one or two you eat to make sure the bunch is good. And they fail to tell the cashier how many grapes they ate - which is pure THEFT. And yet the Police do nothing.
Scarface

Douglasville, GA

#6 Dec 9, 2013
hmmmm, it seems to me that this topic is useless so far because it doesn't contain one factual or provable statement except that voters put these people in office and that very few people vote.
I do like that some of our representatives think of themselves as rock stars though.

Wouldn't you say that Mayor Harvey is one of the prettiest people you've ever seen in the publc service arena? Man that dude is fine
Seriously

United States

#7 Dec 10, 2013
Well wrote:
The vote that put him there.
Wouldn't you be more interested in the facts that would support Mr Cumberbunch's statements?
Or is sinister innuendo enough for you?
Two years ago isn't recent and you may be too ignorant to remember he only won by 18 votes. Nice try Harvey.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 11, 2013
Scarface wrote:
hmmmm, it seems to me that this topic is useless so far because it doesn't contain one factual or provable statement ...
On an anonymous message board? Seriously?
Well

United States

#9 Dec 11, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Two years ago isn't recent and you may be too ignorant to remember he only won by 18 votes. Nice try Harvey.
Winning is winning.

How often do you want to pay for an election?

Maybe we should just have a plebiscite for every decision the City has to make. We could spend all out time and money holding votes.

BTW - I think Harvey is doing a terrible job - but the job is his for two more years. Or more if 50%+1 of the voters like him.
Slide Rule

Atlanta, GA

#10 Dec 11, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Two years ago isn't recent and you may be too ignorant to remember he only won by 18 votes. Nice try Harvey.
18 votes? Incorrect. Please try again.
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#11 Dec 11, 2013
Joe Yule IV wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear they BOTH eat grapes out of the bag before paying for them. I mean, more than just the one or two you eat to make sure the bunch is good. And they fail to tell the cashier how many grapes they ate - which is pure THEFT. And yet the Police do nothing.
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see and you will be better off.Im sure you can find something better to whine and slobber about than how many grapes someone eats.Good Day!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Superintendent for DCSS 12 hr Aliceinwonderland 13
Moving To Douglasville 12 hr Tolerman 17
School grounds 15 hr SDES MOTHER 4
News Mayor gives State of the City Address 20 hr Dville-Native 13
News Releasing Copies of Evidence = Violation of Fed... (Jul '07) Sun Citizen 4
Deputy Matt Harper was not arrested Sun Citizen 12
News Douglasville a hot spot for small business loans (Dec '16) Jul 21 Citizencane 5

Villa Rica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages