just saying

Dallas, GA

#1165 Dec 8, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
The culture fostered in that church is one in which the pastor is elevated in a disgusting, carnal fashion that certainly will exploit his weaknesses and that creates numerous carnal problems in the church: financial improprieties, intimidation of dissenters, a demand for "total loyalty," (and I repeat,the word loyalty is never found in the Bible at all. It cannot exist in a culture of love for the brethren.) heresies accepted without question, and sexual sin, of course.
Elders are to sit in a plurality in every church. The teaching elder is one of several elders. And elders are given authority only to serve the brethren, not to rule over them with secrecy and harshness. The problems at Kings Way occurred for precisely one reason: they departed from the teachings of the Scripture. Once their religion got focused on their own works and the glory of their own leader(s), they went astray. It's been done hundreds of times before. It always leads to carnality and corruption.
Jeri, did you go to Kings Way? The reason I ask is because you seem to know or think you know so much about what went on there in secret and in the public eye? I believe that sometimes as men and women that we do put people on a pedestal. Idol worship is wrong no matter what it is. If you put ANYTHING before God its an idol right? That being said I am sure that somewhere down the line KW did get off track but I'm also sure that it was not everyone there.
reality check

Douglasville, GA

#1166 Dec 8, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Jeri, did you go to Kings Way? The reason I ask is because you seem to know or think you know so much about what went on there in secret and in the public eye? I believe that sometimes as men and women that we do put people on a pedestal. Idol worship is wrong no matter what it is. If you put ANYTHING before God its an idol right? That being said I am sure that somewhere down the line KW did get off track but I'm also sure that it was not everyone there.
Your god is an idol moron.
Consider

Douglasville, GA

#1167 Dec 8, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text> in this situation, from what I have read because I'm not directly in it, it seems you are correct that his power was used in a way to intimidate. It is truly a horribly sad and disgusting situation all the way around. God help all of those involved. I was simply starting that sometimes its not the looks of a man that attracts or doesn't attract them to a man of God.
thank you for kindness and tact in your responses
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1168 Dec 8, 2013
I don't mean to be unkind Jeri, but I don't care to see your responses at all. You've said everything you can multiple times. You don't, nor have you ever attended KW. AT this point in the conversation, it would be more appreciated to hear from those who actually have some personal knowledge of this specific situation.

BW may be gone, but those left behind need to truly research their Bibles about many of the issues they think are Biblical. Mandatory to wear dresses/skirts? Folks, it's not biblical. Study those verses that are used to support this argument. SEE WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT THINGS.....NOT PREACHERS!!!!!!!!!! I just used that one as an example. I'll admit, I love to wear skirts, but I don't do it out of any false assumptions that it pleases God more. Tithing is another one of those issues. Study why it was in place in the Old Testament and what does the New Testament say about giving.

I bring all of that up, because those left behind need to break out of the cloud that they've been drifting in. Jesus died to bring freedom...not MORE RULES. I desire for the people of King's Way to get to know God and His Word....not the twisted scripture that's been presented as His Word.
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1169 Dec 8, 2013
***By the way..please don't say that it isn't pushed for the ladies at KW to wear dresses and skirts. When I attended KW and had a child enrolled in the school, the pastor called me and asked me if I had not received the memo. What memo I asked. BW responded, "The memo that says you need to wear a skirt or dress to pick your child up from school."

He was being firm and a bit rude when he spoke. I was finished with that place within the week. We stopped going to church there and withdrew our child from the school.

Can anyone doubt he was trying to rule and manipulate? That type of behavior has NOTHING to do with God. There are too many people who turned a blind eye to him. Hopefully they now know not to do it with anyone else......current staff or future.
A former visitor

Douglasville, GA

#1170 Dec 8, 2013
onlytruth wrote:
***By the way..please don't say that it isn't pushed for the ladies at KW to wear dresses and skirts. When I attended KW and had a child enrolled in the school, the pastor called me and asked me if I had not received the memo. What memo I asked. BW responded, "The memo that says you need to wear a skirt or dress to pick your child up from school."
He was being firm and a bit rude when he spoke. I was finished with that place within the week. We stopped going to church there and withdrew our child from the school.
Can anyone doubt he was trying to rule and manipulate? That type of behavior has NOTHING to do with God. There are too many people who turned a blind eye to him. Hopefully they now know not to do it with anyone else......current staff or future.
When I went there, some of the women who came in on the buses on Sunday mornings did wear pants and nothing was said. But, if you were what they called "home folk" you were definitely expected to wear dresses or skirts any time you were on the church property. I also knew a mother of a student who was called out by BW for showing up to pick up her child in slacks.

Does anyone know if Stephen Shook, the music director, is still at the church? He was always such a nice kind man, and I hate to see him and his family mixed up in this BW mess.
Still in shock

Knoxville, TN

#1171 Dec 9, 2013
yes! Stephen Shook and his family are still attending the church and his children are enrolled at the Christian school as well.
I heard BW's house sold very quickly and they moved recently...does anyone know if Mrs. W is still with BW and where they moved to??? Just curious!
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1172 Dec 9, 2013
She's currently with him, but who knows why or for how long.
she knows nothing

Douglasville, GA

#1173 Dec 9, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Jeri, did you go to Kings Way? The reason I ask is because you seem to know or think you know so much about what went on there in secret and in the public eye? I believe that sometimes as men and women that we do put people on a pedestal. Idol worship is wrong no matter what it is. If you put ANYTHING before God its an idol right? That being said I am sure that somewhere down the line KW did get off track but I'm also sure that it was not everyone there.
She has never stepped foot on KW property and doesn't know anyone that goes to KW. She has never met any of the members and has never heard a sermon there. She does not know any of the leaders or deacons at KW. She has never met BW or any of the women from KW. She does not live within 100 miles of Douglasville. She has absolutely no firsthand knowledge of anything that has taken place at KW. Does that help answer your questions?
Really

Douglasville, GA

#1174 Dec 10, 2013
she knows nothing wrote:
<quoted text> She has never stepped foot on KW property and doesn't know anyone that goes to KW. She has never met any of the members and has never heard a sermon there. She does not know any of the leaders or deacons at KW. She has never met BW or any of the women from KW. She does not live within 100 miles of Douglasville. She has absolutely no firsthand knowledge of anything that has taken place at KW. Does that help answer your questions?
This response is quite presumptuous, unless you have asked and received a response for all of these statements.
she knows nothing

Ellenwood, GA

#1175 Dec 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>This response is quite presumptuous, unless you have asked and received a response for all of these statements.
Those are facts, not presumptions. A couple of minutes on Google will answer it for you.
she knows nothing

Ellenwood, GA

#1176 Dec 10, 2013
she knows nothing wrote:
<quoted text>Those are facts, not presumptions. A couple of minutes on Google will answer it for you.
She's on here to sell books. Unfortunately, this case doesn't fit her narrative.
Google says

Douglasville, GA

#1177 Dec 10, 2013
Google says she was born 9/4/60 in Pennsylvania and has lived in Mauldin, SC Greenville, SC Raleigh, NC and Indianapolis. I wont disclose her addresses. According to Google, her only conviction is for driving with an expired tag in 2007 in Wake County NC. There is no mention of her ever living in Georgia, so I would guess that she has never been to KW or met anyone there.

Since: Aug 10

United States

#1178 Dec 10, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text> Jeri, did you go to Kings Way? The reason I ask is because you seem to know or think you know so much about what went on there in secret and in the public eye? I believe that sometimes as men and women that we do put people on a pedestal. Idol worship is wrong no matter what it is. If you put ANYTHING before God its an idol right? That being said I am sure that somewhere down the line KW did get ofI don't get thif track but I'm also sure that it was not everyone there.
I don't get the "OK, the sure did evil, but not everybody did evil."

What are the people doing NOW? OK, NOW the evil has been made public, so what are the people doing NOW? Excusing it? Ignoring it? Pretending it does not concern them?

When the church at Corinth had ONE young man (not a church officer) who was openly fornicating with his step mother, Paul rebuked the entire church and said they should all be mourning because this sin had occurred.

You guys had a child molester and serial adulterer as a pastor! Adultery has crept through the teachers of your Christian school. Are you mourning yet? Are you reconsidering your ways? Have you decided to obey Scripture and put Biblical church discipline into place? Have you excommunicated Winninger yet?

OK, maybe at one point people could plead innocence by ignorance, but not now. There is such a thing as corporate guilt.
Candace

Douglasville, GA

#1179 Dec 10, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the "OK, the sure did evil, but not everybody did evil."
What are the people doing NOW? OK, NOW the evil has been made public, so what are the people doing NOW? Excusing it? Ignoring it? Pretending it does not concern them?
When the church at Corinth had ONE young man (not a church officer) who was openly fornicating with his step mother, Paul rebuked the entire church and said they should all be mourning because this sin had occurred.
You guys had a child molester and serial adulterer as a pastor! Adultery has crept through the teachers of your Christian school. Are you mourning yet? Are you reconsidering your ways? Have you decided to obey Scripture and put Biblical church discipline into place? Have you excommunicated Winninger yet?
OK, maybe at one point people could plead innocence by ignorance, but not now. There is such a thing as corporate guilt.
Jeri is right. If things don't change they simply don't change. You don't have to be at the church or on campus to realize that in the screwed up IFB system. What is the plan to resuscitate this church and school. The interested parties have heard nothing.

Raleigh, NC

#1180 Dec 11, 2013
onlytruth wrote:
I don't mean to be unkind Jeri, but I don't care to see your responses at all.
Then stop reading them. The idea that a guy can molest kids, prey on married women because he's the one in power, and then be allowed to walk away with immunity is NOT a "local church matter". Where do you think Winnninger is going to go? He will try to get or start another church. And your church sure isn't trying to prevent that, even though the Bible assigns it the obligation to do just that.

Yes, believe it or not, there are IFB churches out there that are even stupider and more narcissistic than King's Way. And they would hire him. And he will do it all over again. Some four year old bus kid out there deserves a better fate than encountering one more perverted IFB pastor. So even though self engrossed people like you can see only as far as the walls of your church, Christians are commanded to see the perils faced by all Christendom and even the world. I can't stop Winninger, but I sure can track him and track the path of selfishness, heresies, and ignorance of Scripture that put him in a role of power and will do so again.
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1181 Dec 11, 2013
Jeri, you request that I stop reading your posts. I did...several pages ago. You've put the words local church matter into quotations as though I actually said that. I didn't. You read things into my post that weren't there. I said that you had made your points multiple times and nothing new was really being offered by you. I probably shouldn't have addressed you at all. When someone is passionate about something, common sense of when to be quiet, can fly right past them. I'm passionate about this issue as well,so, to a degree, I understand you.

I think one of the main reasons many are attacking you is because you have made many assumptions. Please try to stick to facts. You stated that King's Way is my church. It isn't. Again...please stick to facts and don't let your passion and anger make you less credible and give fuel to those who
might not want to hear some good you have to share.

I told you that I didn't mean to be unkind, but clearly that's not a sentiment you share. You called me self engrossed and again refered to the fact that King's Way is my church. It hasn't been my church for several years. My family left for the all of the reasons that you are fired up over. My family is as well. You really have no idea who you are addressing or what my beliefs are. People don't want to hear you talk about the Bible one second and turn around and attack people the next. You lose credibility when you do that...and rightly so.
Fred

Dallas, GA

#1182 Dec 12, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop reading them. The idea that a guy can molest kids, prey on married women because he's the one in power, and then be allowed to walk away with immunity is NOT a "local church matter". Where do you think Winnninger is going to go? He will try to get or start another church. And your church sure isn't trying to prevent that, even though the Bible assigns it the obligation to do just that.
Yes, believe it or not, there are IFB churches out there that are even stupider and more narcissistic than King's Way. And they would hire him. And he will do it all over again. Some four year old bus kid out there deserves a better fate than encountering one more perverted IFB pastor. So even though self engrossed people like you can see only as far as the walls of your church, Christians are commanded to see the perils faced by all Christendom and even the world. I can't stop Winninger, but I sure can track him and track the path of selfishness, heresies, and ignorance of Scripture that put him in a role of power and will do so again.
What do you suggest they do? Any man or woman accused of the things that BW is accused of is NOT going to face the people so him coming back and facing the "music" isn't going to happen and nothing they could say would change that. So how do they stop it? I believe that most if not all of the ones at KW are wanting to start over and get as far away from this mess. Yes it must be dealt with but how? Everybody wants to criticize what the leaders are doing but no one is offering helpful suggestions as to what they think must be done. Plus what really matters is what God wants and hopefully they are prayerfully seeking God in this while situation.

Raleigh, NC

#1183 Dec 12, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suggest they do?
Publicly repent of the false doctrines and sinful practices they embrace that led to the enthroning of such a man.
Publicly excommunicate him in absentia if he refuses to come and state his side of the story.
Publicly rescind any ordination or certification that the church gave him.
Publicly alter church bylaws and the church constitution to adopt a Scriptural approach to selection of elders and administration of church discipline.

That would go a long way to vindicating the name of the Lord, which that church has tarnished by its evil.

Raleigh, NC

#1184 Dec 12, 2013
onlytruth wrote:
Jeri, you request that I stop reading your posts. I did...several pages ago.
And yet here you are, replying to me....Hmmmmm. Let me try to work that one out. Maybe you should, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DC BOE moving principals 4 hr Elmer 20
DC Schools Top Administrators Raises 12 hr Transparency 10
emergency down hwy 5 Friday afternoon Sun Elmer 3
only a man Sat secert lover 1
Town Hall Meeting--Gang Problem Will Be Discussed (Apr '07) Sat Concerned 44
Comfort solutions heating and air (Sep '13) May 21 John Smile 3
I'm the Chief of Police (Nov '14) May 21 Sheboygan 48
More from around the web

Villa Rica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE