LOL

Atlanta, GA

#21 Nov 28, 2009
TGVR wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I can gather I don't believe his time at Brighten is paid. I don't know that for certain one way or the other though.
oneintheknow knows...she knows everything.
One More Point

Atlanta, GA

#22 Nov 30, 2009
local wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple of points:
You are obviously a woman: No logic, all emotion.
probably a woman who has been "wronged" by husband or b/f
You are obviously a sexist PIG.
Don Juan

Douglasville, GA

#23 Nov 30, 2009
One More Point wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a sexist PIG.
And... YOU are obviously a woman.

So, trying to have a LOGICAL discussion with you is impossible, because you are EMOTIONAL, hence the name calling.
One More Point

Atlanta, GA

#24 Dec 1, 2009
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
And... YOU are obviously a woman.
So, trying to have a LOGICAL discussion with you is impossible, because you are EMOTIONAL, hence the name calling.
And... You obviously have a small penis.
Cracking Up

Villa Rica, GA

#25 Dec 1, 2009
Sounds like several people here could use the service...of Mr. Payne. Seriously, he's a good guy. Try him out for yourself and you can make your own opinion about whether he's good for your little girl.
jenn

Whitesburg, GA

#26 Dec 2, 2009
I'm so sorry Mr. Payne's name has to be tied to this thread full of idiotic comments!
Unsure

Duluth, GA

#27 Dec 2, 2009
Looks like things are kind of mixed. Maybe you should try someone that is medically trained to help your situation. This types of "Christian Counselors" often substitute their interpretation of scripture as counseling. I'm not saying that faith doesn't have a place, but if your daughter has real psychological issues, she should be seen by someone properly trained to deal with her issues.

If all your daughter needs is someone to talk to, which is often the case for many people, then she can probably get that kind of help from her pastor or anyone with a compassionate ear.
Not That Angle

Atlanta, GA

#28 Dec 2, 2009
Unsure wrote:
Looks like things are kind of mixed. Maybe you should try someone that is medically trained to help your situation. This types of "Christian Counselors" often substitute their interpretation of scripture as counseling. I'm not saying that faith doesn't have a place, but if your daughter has real psychological issues, she should be seen by someone properly trained to deal with her issues.
If all your daughter needs is someone to talk to, which is often the case for many people, then she can probably get that kind of help from her pastor or anyone with a compassionate ear.
My mom went to see Clint and I sat in there with her the whole time (and she also went back a few times). He did not discuss anything of a religious nature. He allowed her to talk and guided her through some self reflection. He provided some literature as well. He is a trained professional. I agree with the person above though, that it really depends on the nature of the issue for an individual what type of certification you should seek. If it's teenager blues and some more general types of issues, you should give Clint a try. If it is more serious in nature and more physiologically based, then perhaps someone with doctor credentials would be best. Just thought I'd share our family's experience.
concerned citizen

United States

#29 Oct 14, 2010
parent wrote:
yes, I'm a woman and I do admit to being emotional. I am logical and take offense to the all emotional comment. I have never been wronged by my husband and have a wonderful relationship with him. I do know a few people, friends, co-workers, children who have gone to see him. So no, my comment of a few people is actually true. Their opinion of him is mixed. More have said they didn't like him or didn't like his methods. Only one liked him. I even had contact with him at the local charter school and like I said he gave me the creeps. And this feeling came before I knew of any of the other people he's helped. I even had the opportunity to let my child see him. I refused. I don't like his methods. A person on this forum asked for opinions, and that's just what I gave, MY opinion. So, if you please, my opinion is based on my experience, don't knock it until you've seen what I've seen. I don't knock those who have used this indivdiual and liked his methods, I even admitted there are some. I just gave my opinion, obviously, you have a differing one, good for you. Now if you please, quit degrading me for writing back to a person who asked!
what exactly are his "methods" that you so dislike? Also, what gives you "the creeps"?
Jennifer

Douglasville, GA

#30 Jun 26, 2012
He is the PSYCHO...
Jennifer

Douglasville, GA

#31 Jun 26, 2012
Clint Payne is not a Christian Counselor. He may be a christian, but is psychology does not follow Christian teachings according to the Bible. Clint does not believe that commitment is important in marriage nor does he believe that marriage is a covenant between a husband and wife and God. He is very quick to advocate divorce between couples in conflict and has no problem with gay/lesbian relationships.
If you are looking for a secular counselor, go to Clint, but if you want true Christian counseling with Christian values and morals, look somewhere else.
FFinger

United States

#32 Jun 26, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
if you want true Christian counseling with Christian values and morals, look somewhere else.
Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
What

Suwanee, GA

#33 Jun 26, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
Clint Payne is not a Christian Counselor. He may be a christian, but is psychology does not follow Christian teachings according to the Bible. Clint does not believe that commitment is important in marriage nor does he believe that marriage is a covenant between a husband and wife and God. He is very quick to advocate divorce between couples in conflict and has no problem with gay/lesbian relationships.
If you are looking for a secular counselor, go to Clint, but if you want true Christian counseling with Christian values and morals, look somewhere else.
How do you know?
average person

Winston, GA

#34 Jul 21, 2012
My wife cheated on me and Clint was on her side. He I and her counseled with Clint in an effort to try to save our marriage. He just said that the best thing is for us to get a divorce. I was totally shocked. A "family" counselor who on the first counseling session suggest divorce. He then preceded to suggest that we come back for "divorce counseling". If I wanted divorce counseling, I would have gone to a lawyer. I would never advise anyone using Clint Payne and a counselor of any kind. I wouldn't even take my dog to him. Stay as far away from Clint as possible
Interested

Suwanee, GA

#35 Jul 22, 2012
That can't be the whole story. Maybe your wife's attitude or lack of willingness to work on the marriage caused the divorce. Maybe she didn't love you any more. A counselor cannot create miracles. You sound bitter and looking to place blame where it doesn't belong. Just curious. What was your contribution to the divorce? Were you neglectful? Lazy? Did you take her for granted? Did you cheat?
James

Winston, GA

#36 Jul 27, 2012
Clint has a wife and kids, but I really think that he is gay and just hiding the fact. He is a big guy, but his mannerisms are effeminate. I have heard that he counsels with a lot of gay people and encourages them to stay in that lifestyle. I find that odd for a so called "Christian counselor".
James

Winston, GA

#37 Jul 27, 2012
average person wrote:
My wife cheated on me and Clint was on her side. He I and her counseled with Clint in an effort to try to save our marriage. He just said that the best thing is for us to get a divorce. I was totally shocked. A "family" counselor who on the first counseling session suggest divorce. He then preceded to suggest that we come back for "divorce counseling". If I wanted divorce counseling, I would have gone to a lawyer. I would never advise anyone using Clint Payne and a counselor of any kind. I wouldn't even take my dog to him. Stay as far away from Clint as possible
No, I was a good husband and was trying to make the marriage work. All marriages go through tough times and sometimes one person may want to leave. Great marriages don't come from divorce as Clint would suggest, but through commitment and hard work. Clint promotes one of the biggest lies in today's society that states that a person will be happier after divorce. Of course if one is in an abusive marriage or there is infidelity , then that's different. I would never, ever recommend Clint as a counselor to anyone.
interested

Suwanee, GA

#38 Jul 27, 2012
James wrote:
Clint has a wife and kids, but I really think that he is gay and just hiding the fact. He is a big guy, but his mannerisms are effeminate. I have heard that he counsels with a lot of gay people and encourages them to stay in that lifestyle. I find that odd for a so called "Christian counselor".
One of my best friends' husband has some effeminate mannerisms, but he is not gay.
Perhaps he counsels gay people to accept themselves and not let the opinions of others hurt. Perhaps he feels they are born that way and leaving the lifestyle is not a choice. I don't know. Just tossing out ideas.
interested

Suwanee, GA

#39 Jul 27, 2012
James wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was a good husband and was trying to make the marriage work. All marriages go through tough times and sometimes one person may want to leave. Great marriages don't come from divorce as Clint would suggest, but through commitment and hard work. Clint promotes one of the biggest lies in today's society that states that a person will be happier after divorce. Of course if one is in an abusive marriage or there is infidelity , then that's different. I would never, ever recommend Clint as a counselor to anyone.
Marriage does take a lot of work. Did your wife just tell you one day that she wanted out? Something else had to be going on. It's just not logical that for no reason at all, she would want to leave the marriage. I don't know if you have children or not, but Dr. Phil( either love him or hate him, but he gives good advice.) says that children had rather be from a broken home than a home that is broken. I think you'll find most teachers will agree with that. Some marriages are irretrievably broken for a variety of reasons. It sounds if you were heart broken. Sorry.
James

Winston, GA

#40 Jul 28, 2012
interested wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my best friends' husband has some effeminate mannerisms, but he is not gay.
Perhaps he counsels gay people to accept themselves and not let the opinions of others hurt. Perhaps he feels they are born that way and leaving the lifestyle is not a choice. I don't know. Just tossing out ideas.
Perhaps Clint needs to start accepting himself and stop pushing these effeminant husbands away from there families and into the homosexual lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Valley Baptist Church (Dec '10) 3 hr Concerned 57
Grandmother, 75, Found Dead in Douglasville Apa... 7 hr Verytrue 24
Yockey and Miller 7 hr Old Douglas 22
Police called to Douglasville church after past... 20 hr justsaying 12
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Tue raymond 10
Corrupt, Ineffective Douglas Co Court System Nov 24 Concerned 2
Dalia Racine??? (Apr '14) Nov 24 LDII 46

Villa Rica News Video

Villa Rica Dating
Find my Match