Why don't we have mosquito spraying anymore?

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charles Farley

Duluth, GA

#1 Jul 5, 2010
I'm just curious since I haven't seen a mosquito spraying truck in YEARS. Since they don't want to talk about drainage, wtf are they going to do about the bugs? I'll vote for just about anyone who brings this up. CF

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#2 Jul 5, 2010
Charles Farley wrote:
I'm just curious since I haven't seen a mosquito spraying truck in YEARS. Since they don't want to talk about drainage, wtf are they going to do about the bugs? I'll vote for just about anyone who brings this up. CF
I haven't seen one in years either although I always thought it was a pointless endevor. An airborne spray? It'd have to be applied on a daily if not multi-times a day basis. I think they are now going after the breeding grounds (standing water) someting that has been in short supply since the droughts.
dville man

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2010
people on welfare are allergic to bug sprays.
MamaMia

Douglasville, GA

#4 Jul 5, 2010
I want to say I saw one last year...late summer. How safe IS that, anyway?
Dville Mama

Duluth, GA

#5 Jul 5, 2010
I grew up in Florida and remember them spraying everynight. I've always wondered why they didn't do it here. I wonder if it's due to budget or equipment, or maybe not enough people complain? We should all call tomorrow and start complaining about the mosquitos. Anyone know who we should call?
Itchy

Braselton, GA

#6 Jul 5, 2010
Maybe it is due to budget, but just taking my kids out to see the fireworks last night, we got eaten up by them. No fun!
davis

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jul 6, 2010
Funny timing on your question:

When I first moved here, I was wondering what the hell that truck was doing spraying crap driving down the street. That was in 2005. I never saw it again. Until a few weeks ago. Since then, the sprayer has been in my neighborhood twice. Annoyingly they only hit the main street in neighborhood (1.5 miles) and not my side street but seeing you all haven't had it at all, I guess it's better than nothing.

I live around Post and 166.
FED UP

Lithonia, GA

#8 Jul 6, 2010
Saw them last night spraying on Fairburn rd. north of I-20.
great fireworks

United States

#9 Jul 6, 2010
Itchy wrote:
Maybe it is due to budget, but just taking my kids out to see the fireworks last night, we got eaten up by them. No fun!
We went to the fireworks had a great time. We carried our own bug spray. Just don't understand why parents do not carry bug spray.
dville man

United States

#10 Jul 6, 2010
great fireworks wrote:
<quoted text>
We went to the fireworks had a great time. We carried our own bug spray. Just don't understand why parents do not carry bug spray.
people expect government to take care of them now.Its not my place to bring bug spray.Thats a right that I have bug psrayers by my house and also its a RIGHT I have free healthcare and let the working class pay the bill while I sit on my ass and wait on my welfare check.
Charles Farley

Duluth, GA

#11 Jul 6, 2010
Mosquito control is so common in Florida they have a whole division for it. And no, it's not toxic waste being sprayed and no, it's not worse than the actual mosquitoes. Mosquitoes come in 15,000 varieties and some carry deadly diseases. The bug spray will not kill you or even make you sick, the right mosquito will! And since they can indeed be a public health hazard the public should be protected and that is not a "Nanny-State" sort of issue any more than polio was. With all the flood damage we have thousands of unregulated and un-inspected water pooling spots that we didn't have a few years ago so the mosquito population is exploding. If the county has only 1 sprayer truck, we're screwed. We should have at least 5 for a county this size, maybe more with all the flood damage taken into account. CF
moneyp

Douglasville, GA

#12 Jul 6, 2010
They just sprayed in my neighborhood last week, behind Publix on Hwy 5.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#13 Jul 6, 2010
I'd really like to see the science on this spray. When it would come through our subdivision I'd guess two guys with cigars would out smoke the thing. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to treat where millions of skeeters breed than treat millions of cubic yards of air where there maybe mosquitos? Is there a MSDS sheet on the county website for this stuff? If you have a can of Raid in you office you need an MSDS sheet.
minnie

Douglasville, GA

#14 Jul 6, 2010
I see the guy come through our neighborhood at least once a month, if not more. I think you may have to call them if there is a big problem though. I think our neighborhood watch person calls them and gets them out here.
dville man

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2010
spitfire2 wrote:
I'd really like to see the science on this spray. When it would come through our subdivision I'd guess two guys with cigars would out smoke the thing. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to treat where millions of skeeters breed than treat millions of cubic yards of air where there maybe mosquitos? Is there a MSDS sheet on the county website for this stuff? If you have a can of Raid in you office you need an MSDS sheet.
we are talking GOVERNMENT here.They are NOT that bright.Its more fun to spend tax payers money riding arouhd in a truck making $20 an hour
moneyp

Douglasville, GA

#16 Jul 8, 2010
Wow...people get ugly on here. Seems like every single discussion ends up bashing someone or a some group. Gesh, started out as "where are the mosquito sprayers" and ended up with "Government workers are stupid"
LeftiesSmellBad

Lithia Springs, GA

#17 Jul 8, 2010
FWIW, I saw the truck going down Pop Rd coming from Fairburn. I kind of thought it was strange because it was during the day and people were outside. I don't think I would like to breath that stuff. I thought they would come out at night.
Jackie

Douglasville, GA

#18 Aug 8, 2013
Saw. Mosquito spraying truck 11:15pm tonight driving on Stewart Mill in Douglasville.
Obama ya Mama

Douglasville, GA

#19 Aug 9, 2013
Mosquito's stay away from Blacks. Blacks are so many in DC now.

Therefore we need no spraying.

Sharpton and Jackson said we can't too....we do not have there permission.
dr zeus

Douglasville, GA

#20 Aug 10, 2013
Jackie wrote:
Saw. Mosquito spraying truck 11:15pm tonight driving on Stewart Mill in Douglasville.
i dont know who needs a hobby more, you or me. the fact you found this tread form 2010 or the fact that i read and responded to it? want to go bowling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frank Benji Hughes (May '14) 18 hr Frank B Hughes 5
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Tue Pat Patterson 18
Police cars on Pressley Mill Mon Elmer 5
Wreck off of Capps Ferry Rd this morning. 2-23-15 Mar 2 Tin pan 14
No Married Men! Mar 2 nah 6
Gas stations that sell kerosene? (Dec '09) Mar 1 carole 17
Creig Lee - Temple PD (Feb '14) Feb 28 Boss Hawg 5

Villa Rica News Video

Villa Rica Dating
Find my Match