Happy Valley Baptist Church

Posted in the Villa Rica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 Dec 3, 2010
I just saw members of this church purchase several packs of kool aid. Should we be worried?
patrick cooledge

Carrollton, GA

#2 Dec 10, 2010
I visited here once.They told me that in order to come in that my wife would have to wear a dress,and that they didnt believe in women wearing pants and men wearing jeans.Its more of a social club with dress requirements than a church.I came home, got down on my knees and asked God what he thought about the dress code there.He told me that he had NEVER been in that church

Location hidden

#3 Dec 10, 2010
All jokes aside I don't attend church every Sunday but I really hate it when people try to force religon on you. These protest that Happy Valley members do outside of movies like Harry Potter and standing in front of McDonalds yelling at people to change their ways is a joke. Put down the mic and go back to your social club guys.
mjphyjr

Tulsa, OK

#4 Dec 11, 2010
Villa Rica wrote:
All jokes aside I don't attend church every Sunday but I really hate it when people try to force religon on you. These protest that Happy Valley members do outside of movies like Harry Potter and standing in front of McDonalds yelling at people to change their ways is a joke. Put down the mic and go back to your social club guys.
These people aren't true Christians. Jesus himself said that when people present their religious views publically or force them on others, they have their own reward,(and it has nothing to do with G*d, but instead their own vanity.) Enforcing behavior and dress codes has nothing to do with religion but about excerting control on others to feed their egos and to feel power over another human being.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 12, 2010
Agree! Their hearts in the right place but their minds are......well not all there.
bill

Carrollton, GA

#6 Dec 14, 2010
I refuse to go to this church.They REQUIRE women to wear a dress, and men MUST wear slacks and a tie, NO JEANS.THey will ask oyu to leave if you have long hair or tattoos, in jeans or not have on a tie.I guess JESUS wouldn be told he would have to leave with his long hair, beard and sandals on his feet.Must be nice to have your own social club.The man who preaches there will not even SPEAK to his OWN FATHER.THat should tell you something about him
bohunk

United States

#8 Dec 25, 2010
I've been in church all my life. This church seems to be more in line with the pentecostal or the holiness churches. They are very rigid on dress and hair and the such. To be a part of these type churches will automatically put you in a type of bondage. I will not be going there. It makes me feel rather funny being around them,being a christian. I can't help but resist them when I see them taking over parades,or in front of mcdonalds. But its a free country,knock yourself out HV.
mike

Winston, GA

#9 Dec 28, 2010
bohunk wrote:
I've been in church all my life. This church seems to be more in line with the pentecostal or the holiness churches. They are very rigid on dress and hair and the such. To be a part of these type churches will automatically put you in a type of bondage. I will not be going there. It makes me feel rather funny being around them,being a christian. I can't help but resist them when I see them taking over parades,or in front of mcdonalds. But its a free country,knock yourself out HV.
the pastor HATES his own DAD.I know his dad well, and he says that he will not even SPEAK to him.THATS A REAL CHRISTIAN ATTITUDE to lead others.
mjphyjr

Tulsa, OK

#10 Dec 28, 2010
Mike - if that's true, you are correct in your implications, but we should feel pity for him as well as those ensnared into his flock. History tells us that those within his flock will not turn on him either. Perhaps if you know his father, you could encourage his father to continue trying to reach out to him in an effort to temper his attitudes for the sake of those trapped within his "little world," (where he is obviously "king.") And I know, I know,- some people really are lost causes, but we should give up trying, because -'what if?' after the fifth or sixth attempt, it works? Just a thought.
mike

Winston, GA

#11 Dec 28, 2010
mjphyjr wrote:
Mike - if that's true, you are correct in your implications, but we should feel pity for him as well as those ensnared into his flock. History tells us that those within his flock will not turn on him either. Perhaps if you know his father, you could encourage his father to continue trying to reach out to him in an effort to temper his attitudes for the sake of those trapped within his "little world," (where he is obviously "king.") And I know, I know,- some people really are lost causes, but we should give up trying, because -'what if?' after the fifth or sixth attempt, it works? Just a thought.
his dad HAS tried to reach out to him and he refuses to have anything to do with him.It hurts his dad deeply.What else is his dad to do?I dont understand how a pastor can lead a flock when he has turned on his OWN dad that raised him from a child.
IKnow

Villa Rica, GA

#12 Dec 30, 2010
my child went to school there, when they had a school. The people of this church just follow a persoality (the pastor).If you'll notice it is going down hill fast, fewer cars there on Sunday, no school anymore & renting it out to another congregation. I feel for the people of this church, even sorrier for the pastor when he stands before God.
A church following God's will does not die out. A church following a person will not last long.
mjphyjr

Tulsa, OK

#13 Dec 30, 2010
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
his dad HAS tried to reach out to him and he refuses to have anything to do with him.It hurts his dad deeply.What else is his dad to do?I dont understand how a pastor can lead a flock when he has turned on his OWN dad that raised him from a child.
oh, Mike, I guess I was unclear. I do realize that it is probably very painful for his father, as well as acknowledge that his father has already reached out at least once, if not moreso,- but what I was asking is that maybe,(if it's not too awfully painful,) his father could continue to make attempts over and again to reach his lost son despite the pain. The rewards will be worth the pain if at some point in the future his attempts succeed. And I really do realize that it may seem for his dad that reconciling with his son is hopeless and a lost cause today, but none of us knows what the future may bring, and perhaps the son will one day realize what a precious gift the love of a father is.
Mike

Carrollton, GA

#14 Dec 30, 2010
mjphyjr wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, Mike, I guess I was unclear. I do realize that it is probably very painful for his father, as well as acknowledge that his father has already reached out at least once, if not moreso,- but what I was asking is that maybe,(if it's not too awfully painful,) his father could continue to make attempts over and again to reach his lost son despite the pain. The rewards will be worth the pain if at some point in the future his attempts succeed. And I really do realize that it may seem for his dad that reconciling with his son is hopeless and a lost cause today, but none of us knows what the future may bring, and perhaps the son will one day realize what a precious gift the love of a father is.
how can this so called preacher stand in the pulpit and preach to others to LOVE THEY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF and not even SPEAK to his dad? Stop trying t o throw blame on his father.
standing up for God

United States

#15 Jan 4, 2011
I have to say this church is doing damage to the christian world. My personal experience with the mcdonalds yellers is as follows. I was at the red light the man tapped on my window I rolled it down and refused his track I told him I was already a believer he asked me where I attended church and I told him. He forced the track into my hand and said, and I quote,"you need this anyway you are going to hell for attending anywhere other than happy valley". Really? Don't know where that is in the Bible. Anyway I think as christians we need to stand up to this church and others like it they teach half truths and are turning the unsaved that much further away from God. Oh and don't tell them we are not meant to judge people. They think it is their God given right to do so.
mjphyjr

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jan 5, 2011
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
how can this so called preacher stand in the pulpit and preach to others to LOVE THEY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF and not even SPEAK to his dad? Stop trying t o throw blame on his father.
Mike, the last thing I am trying to do is blame the father, quite the contrary, that was the furthest thing from my intentions. My aim and point was that, even though the father has failed repetitively in the past to get through to this individual, at apparently great personal discomfort, he is still in the best position to eventually one day get through to this pastor/his son, and defuse a man and "timebomb" that could possibly evolve into a "Jim Jones/David Koresh" type of situation. And I agree with you, from what I have read, the pastor has violated a whole handful of commandments. My intention isn't to blame anyone,(especially the father, I realize that he is most likely blameless in all of this,) but to save those who blindly follow the son.
happy valley guy

Dallas, GA

#17 Jan 20, 2011
as a long time member of Happy Valley I can tell you that the pastor does have a relationship with his father, and that his father has visited our church a handful of times this past year. There is no "dress code", you will see women wearing pants on a regular occasion, many men in blue jeans, tatoos, etc. As for the "mcdonalds yellers", this is called street preaching. Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter and several others used this tactic in the Bible. To know this though, you would have to actually read your Bible.
preacher man

Powder Springs, GA

#18 Jan 20, 2011
yea hv guy, its obvious none of these ppl posting these lies know anything about the Bible or Who wrote it!
mjphyjr

Tulsa, OK

#19 Jan 20, 2011
preacher man wrote:
yea hv guy, its obvious none of these ppl posting these lies know anything about the Bible or Who wrote it!
to say you don't have a clue with this statement would be very much an understatement, that said, read Matthew 6:5 - 9, in the original Greek if you can.'nuff said.
happy valley guy

Monroe, GA

#20 Jan 20, 2011
thats amazing mjphyjr, you have the "ORIGINAL" Greek? Wow those things would be worth a fortune. Read Acts 2: 14 -41 Peter preached and 3,000 souls got saved. How would they have heard him if he was hiding in a closet. Not to mention Matthew 6: 5-9 starts with the words "when thou prayest" not "when thou preachest". Of course this is found in the KJV not the "ORIGINAL" Greek like you have. If you can read Greek, it is probably quite less than 2000 years old. As a matter of fact its probably been updated this century.'nuff said.
girlygirl123

Atlanta, GA

#21 Jan 20, 2011
i personally visited there for the first time last sunday...i wore pants and my boyfriend wore jeans and a t-shirt. We have never felt so welcome in a church in our whole life! We also so other people dressed in the same attire as we were. The preaching was amazing ..are you sure this is the same happy valley baptist church on main street??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why was J. Collins not arrested for domestic vi... Mon Peter treat 12
Review: Christopher L WYNN PC (Mar '09) Sun Lawerence T 59
GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (7) Aug 26 Anonymous 1
News 'Most wanted' man captured in Douglasville Aug 25 Vote 7
News No bond for bank robbery suspect (Jan '13) Aug 24 Not the one 18
Douglas County is the NEW TRUCK STOP for Parkin... (Nov '11) Aug 24 storemytruck 25
News BOC rolls back 2016 millage rate Aug 23 taxpayer 112 8

Villa Rica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages