Douglas BOE second highest paid in state

Douglas BOE second highest paid in state

There are 76 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from May 5, 2013, titled Douglas BOE second highest paid in state. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

Local school system employees are facing furlough days, class sizes are getting larger and property taxes are expected to increase this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chapel Hill

Winder, GA

#61 Jul 13, 2013
Kelly has done nothing but collect a pay check while our system continues to get worse. She is supposed to be it providing for the best education for our children instead of just going around with that flamboyant attitude.
PissedOffConserv ative

Atlanta, GA

#62 Jul 14, 2013
Start going to BOE meetings and hearings.I am.
Wondering

Zephyrhills, FL

#63 Sep 11, 2014
Anybody know how much school board members make and have they had any pay cuts lately ?
slappy codpuffer

Tucker, GA

#64 Sep 12, 2014
Smokey67 wrote:
Everyone always talks about the educators. What about the school bus drivers who haven't had a raise in over 6 yrs! They transport your kids safely to school everyday! Like they say you pay for what you get. Some of these new drivers are scary! They are short in sub drivers because the job just doesn't pay that good anymore since the health insurance had sky rocketed! Most barely bring home 500.00 a month after benefits are taken out. On top if that they drive a bus load (20-65) screaming kids because the schools don't discipline them anymore!
So find another job. That, or keep complaining and risk getting slapped.
slappy codpuffer

Tucker, GA

#65 Sep 12, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Anybody know how much school board members make and have they had any pay cuts lately ?
I'll cut your pay in a minute....
Wondering

Zephyrhills, FL

#67 Sep 15, 2014
I KNOW wrote:
THE BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD NOT BE MAKING THIS AMOUNT !!!!!
Teachers are having furlough days!!!!!
While the board does nothing but sit on their butts collecting money
Shame on all of you!!!!!!!
JEFF, JANET,SAM AND THE OTHERS TAKE IT ON YOUR SELF AND FIX IT PROBLEM!!
AND WHY DOES JEFF NOT WORK FOR PROBATION ANT MORE?????? Fired, Quit, retired ???
We have to vote Kelly out of there , shows no leadership at all just a yes person. She will definitely stand in a spotlight though , her ego is unbelievable and to think we are paying for this! Good question I know just why did Morris leave the job he had? I think we deserve the answer to that one, after all he is dealing with our kids.
just saying

Mountain View, CA

#69 Sep 17, 2014
Chair...24k plus vice chair...21k plus. The other 3 members are getting 19k plus. Don't know if they get benefits such as retirement and insurance. Not too shabby for 2 meetings a month and a retreat or 2 thrown in
Raymond

Douglasville, GA

#70 Sep 17, 2014
just saying wrote:
Chair...24k plus vice chair...21k plus. The other 3 members are getting 19k plus. Don't know if they get benefits such as retirement and insurance. Not too shabby for 2 meetings a month and a lretreat or 2 thrown in
I wamt to be on the schoolboard. I went to school one time
i wood get rid if all the computors and caculators and go back to chakbords and pinsils. them kids need books not.fancy.toys
learn them the old way like they did us and the tax payers will save lots of money and.kids will be smarter
wayneblythe

Atlanta, GA

#71 Sep 22, 2014
I found pritz superintendant 198,000.00 per year just look on open Georgia .gov everyones salary is there
Raymond

Douglasville, GA

#72 Sep 22, 2014
i want to be on the school board
where di i sine up
Wondering

United States

#73 Oct 23, 2014
Citizens act now Kelly and Haskel must be defeated ! Let's give our board a breath of fresh air and some new blood.. New day in Douglas county schools !
Karma

Jefferson, GA

#74 Oct 24, 2014
Wonder if our former mayor (Thompson)and his wife are supporting Kelly again and giving her advise ! Now there is a connection to be concerned about.! How does that work for you ? Democrats and Republicans alike check her contributions and you will figure it out. How about her negative campaign by her and her group. Wow Wonder when she is going to mention our students, parents and employees? Just ask school employees and you can learn some interesting facts that they wouldn't dare say in public. Bottom line look at our schools performances ,enough said.
Not Surprised

United States

#75 Oct 28, 2014
Karma wrote:
Wonder if our former mayor (Thompson)and his wife are supporting Kelly again and giving her advise ! Now there is a connection to be concerned about.! How does that work for you ? Democrats and Republicans alike check her contributions and you will figure it out. How about her negative campaign by her and her group. Wow Wonder when she is going to mention our students, parents and employees? Just ask school employees and you can learn some interesting facts that they wouldn't dare say in public. Bottom line look at our schools performances ,enough said.
Wow Micky Thompson and Kelly as allies. Not voting for her anytime soon
Not Surprised

United States

#76 Nov 2, 2014
Not Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Micky Thompson and Kelly as allies. Not voting for her anytime soon
Just say no ! Time for a change.
come on

Rochelle, GA

#77 Nov 2, 2014
If you people don't have enough sense to know that you are posting this to Douglas, GA (which is a city in Coffee County 4 hours south of Douglasville) then you don't deserve to have your voices heard.
Geography Major

Lilburn, GA

#78 Nov 3, 2014
come on wrote:
If you people don't have enough sense to know that you are posting this to Douglas, GA (which is a city in Coffee County 4 hours south of Douglasville) then you don't deserve to have your voices heard.
This forum is a Douglasville forum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No SPLOSH for Foxhole 1 hr Itter 5
Hillery Clinton or Ronald Trump? 1 hr Voter 2
Redface 4 hr Bob 71
A NEW Victim for Sheriff 5 hr Changing Strategy 1
News Fay L. Cox Wed Classmate 1
temple rec Wed TempleMan0000 1
Poll Let's take a vote for Douglas County Sheriff 2016 Tue Raymond 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Rica Mortgages