Suburban deaths investigated

Suburban deaths investigated

There are 58 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 27, 2006, titled Suburban deaths investigated. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Tribune staff reports Published February 27, 2006, 11:34 AM CST Authorities are confirming that two people died and one person is hospitalized after being stabbed over the weekend in the west suburb of Addison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jEn

Bloomingdale, IL

#41 Apr 26, 2006
Anonymous wrote:
Well he fessed up and they have it on camera. He may face the death penalty. The trial is going to take a while, possibly few years. He hasnt really been making an effort to talk to any of his family members, kind of is on his own.
I dont understand why it would take along time for the trial if he fessed up on camera. that doesn't make sense. What a sick asshole. God forgive me for judging but what the hell is his problem. How can he do something like that? Did he say why?
friend

Berkeley, IL

#42 May 10, 2006
a lot of people dont undersatnd but when you are fucked up on different drugs your mind goes numb and you blackout. This was exactlly how Gary was and he freaked out. I am not the one to judge but i do believe that he was telling the truth when he says that he blacked out
OH Please

AOL

#43 May 10, 2006
Friend I got news for you , you don't black out and then confess. When you have a true blackout you remember nothing. It doesn't slowly come back to you. So if you truely believe him, as I see it you are also part of the problem. Cause it seems no one has ever made him take responsibility for his actions and all he is doing now is trying to make people feel sorry for him. And the funny thing is it seems to be working. Also do you honestly believe he blacked out for 4 hours. Not possible my friend. I would suggest you re-evaluate your own judgements because if you are this gullible I have a bridge to sell you.
jEn

Bloomingdale, IL

#44 May 11, 2006
friend wrote:
a lot of people dont undersatnd but when you are fucked up on different drugs your mind goes numb and you blackout. This was exactlly how Gary was and he freaked out. I am not the one to judge but i do believe that he was telling the truth when he says that he blacked out
Then he shouldn't of been doing drugs and he brutally murdered his own mother. Sick bastard
Apollo

Berkeley, IL

#45 May 11, 2006
The only reason that he had confessed is because the cops made him believe that he did it and all the odds turn on him. He was the only one in the house that night so thats why he proably confessed cause he knew that he did it and theres no dening it. Wouldnt you say you killed your mother after you blacked out and the police had to tell you everything that happened in that house that night.
OH Please

AOL

#46 May 11, 2006
Appollo, I doubt highly what you are stating is true. You see if you actually knew anything about this other than Gary's spin on it, you would know he killed his mother at about 5 am and the other girl 4 hours later. At first he tried to blame it on the other girl and her pimp, if he was lucid enough to do this there was no way it happened the way you are stating. Because had he truely blacked out he would have never known who this girl was. Gary has a past that included violence and I am sure when he went to prision he convinced you he was set up then also.
Anna

AOL

#47 Jul 7, 2006
JAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Um I don't think that idiot that said he was getting out was serious. He pleaded guilty he's gone for life.
Amen!
No he did not plead guilty and I have actually been in contact with him and his family throughout this ordeal and there is a million things that disprove the polices so called open and closed case. Since it is generally none of your business or anyone elses that is not directly associated with the family I would appreciate it if you kept your uneducated, media inflamed comments to yourself. He was put in jail before the pathology, autopsy, and crime scene reports were even completed. There was no confession and there was no real reason why they accused him for this so if you would kindly mind your own business maybe we could find out what really happened that night.
Anna

AOL

#48 Jul 7, 2006
OH Please wrote:
Appollo, I doubt highly what you are stating is true. You see if you actually knew anything about this other than Gary's spin on it, you would know he killed his mother at about 5 am and the other girl 4 hours later. At first he tried to blame it on the other girl and her pimp, if he was lucid enough to do this there was no way it happened the way you are stating. Because had he truely blacked out he would have never known who this girl was. Gary has a past that included violence and I am sure when he went to prision he convinced you he was set up then also.
No he did not plead guilty and I have actually been in contact with him and his family throughout this ordeal and there is a million things that disprove the polices so called open and closed case. Since it is generally none of your business or anyone elses that is not directly associated with the family I would appreciate it if you kept your uneducated, media inflamed comments to yourself. He was put in jail before the pathology, autopsy, and crime scene reports were even completed. He does not have any past convictions of violent crimes that held any water. I am one of the closest people to Gary and to his family that has posted on here and I would like to set the record straight. There was no confession and there was no real reason why they accused him for this so if you would kindly mind your own business maybe we could find out what really happened that night.
Anna

AOL

#49 Jul 7, 2006
YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is a fact! Everyone saying he didn't do it (notice his aunt is on here anymore saying he didn't do it, she must know the truth now)is a moron. I'm not sure where they're getting they're info from. most of what his friends are saying is just gossip. true story is he pleaded quilty. i know someone involved in the case.
No he did not plead guilty and I have actually been in contact with him and his family throughout this ordeal and there is a million things that disprove the polices so called open and closed case. Since it is generally none of your business or anyone elses that is not directly associated with the family I would appreciate it if you kept your uneducated, media inflamed comments to yourself. He was put in jail before the pathology, autopsy, and crime scene reports were even completed. There was no confession and there was no real reason why they accused him for this so if you would kindly mind your own business maybe we could find out what really happened that night.
guess who

Schaumburg, IL

#50 May 16, 2007
The little freak Gary is now someones bitch in jail.
The only way he'll get out is in a body bad. Hope he gets all that he deserves. Rot in hell you merdering bastard
guess who

Schaumburg, IL

#51 May 16, 2007
They have video recorded confessions he made when they arrested him. He only plead not guilty once he had a public defender. He is guilty. And now I hope he pays with his own life
WTF

Chicago, IL

#52 Nov 21, 2007
Does anyone know what is going on at this point?
moni

Darien, IL

#53 Jan 21, 2008
i met gary schunning off myspace about 2 months before that happened. scary stuff!!!! what's going on with him now????
DJS

Bethpage, NY

#54 Mar 7, 2008
Gary is still in the county lock-up. He did both murders and tried to kill himself. I wish the cops that found him would have waited for a few hours before calling the rescue squad to take him to the hospital. He will eventually pay for his crimes with his own life. Gary has had several hearings and I should only hope that he is now wearing out his knees trying to survive in the county lock-up. I hope he has a BIG cell mate.
Scared Straight

Woodstock, IL

#55 Sep 4, 2008
I met this guy at his house just before this happened and he spooked me. He told me that he lived at his sister's house on Yale, but I could tell he was lying. He tried to push himself on me and I got scared and left. That was probably the best decision I ever made since this could have been me.
Very Scary!!!
Aztek

United States

#56 Sep 4, 2008
Is he Puertorican?
booja

Bloomingdale, IL

#57 Nov 20, 2008
No he is not Puerto Rican. He is a creepy white boy and what does that matter? He is still a unremorseful jerk.
good citizen

Western Springs, IL

#58 Feb 24, 2010
rot in hell mutha****!!! have fun bi*** with them big dudes in there. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bond forfeiture Greg Salvi (Jul '15) Sat You know 109
Summers around the corner do we need Mexicans i... Sat Brazer 20
Can we please get rid of all the Mexicans in Me... Fri WILDBILL 21
Greg salvi Fri WILDBILL 3
who else blames mexicans for Melrose Park's dem... (Nov '13) Fri WILDBILL 11
Why is melrose starting to look like maywood ? (Oct '15) Fri WILDBILL 6
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) Fri Trump 702
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Villa Park Mortgages