Review: Ohio Valley University

Review: Ohio Valley University

Posted in the Vienna Forum

student

Sistersville, WV

#1 Mar 13, 2012
this school is a joke, they act like they are so good because they are a christian university but in reality its the worst school i've ever seen or heard of. the classes don't teach you anything and the teachers don't seem qualified to teach. i had a writing class where we didn't even talk about writing the whole semester. he told us all of our assignments in the syllabus were due at the end of the semester and i asked for help several times and never got any answers i needed. also, the basketball players are favorited and don't ever get in trouble for anything such as failing drug tests. they still get to play no matter what. you can never get a hold of the dean who is supposed to be there to help you. nobody is ever in their office. the cafeteria has horrible food that hardly anybody likes. most of the time, i feel nauseous after eating in there. they fine you for everything they possibly can. such as having your door unlocked and being asleep for room checks. this school is not good and if you go here or plan to, good luck. i wish i would have never even considered this shit hole.
past student

United States

#2 Dec 14, 2013
WORST. SCHOOL. EVER. The entire staff is made up of hypocrites!!!!! And all of the sports teams are TERRIBLE!!
Noncu

Celina, OH

#3 Dec 15, 2013
Here is a thought. Make your own food, get a Tudor, jealous of athletes? Go be 1 yourself. Life is cruel so adapt and suck it up. Sounds like OVU is already teaching you the hard lesson about life. Nobody will hold your hand you jabroni.
Goodfellow

Fairmont, WV

#4 Dec 16, 2013
One would hope the original poster did not spend more than one semester there, considering all of the alleged problems. If his/her parents are footing/footed the bill, perhaps they should have counseled you into transferring elsewhere. Now, if you stayed (or are planning to stay) there for your entire college career,'caveat emptor,' or 'buyer beware.'

BTW, I know a young lady who came from the wrong side of the tracks, but somehow got to OVU and, because she was totally focused, graduated and is now married and is doing very well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vienna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Backpage (Apr '17) 28 min North 4
cps/dhhr (Aug '14) 4 hr nope 55
White Oak Run 5 hr Mariettagirl 1
Freddie Scott is a rapist. (May '17) 14 hr The One Living Go... 8
Mid Ohio Valley Fellowship Home (Oct '14) 22 hr Mariettagirl 3
JR Dowler (Feb '17) 23 hr Shady Cat 11
Parkersburg bar tramps. Fri Yea 4

Vienna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance