Prosecution Rests in Jenkins Murder Trial

Go Back The Prosecution rests it's case in the David Jenkins murder trial. The former Warren Harding basketball coach is accused of killing his wife Deanna Jenkins on May 20, 2004, the night after she told him ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nikiesha morris

Duluth, GA

#1 Mar 10, 2006
David Jenkins is my uncle and I don't believe that he did it. There was a lot of things that were not proven by the prosicution, and people don't know that. I hink that it was an unfair judgement because Warren it such a small town that the jury may have been influenced by others prior to the trial. Ibelieve that many of them already had their mind made up.
God will reveal

AOL

#2 Mar 10, 2006
All white jury? no real evidence. It is sad when no evidence is needed to convict someone of murder. This world is truly coming to an end quickly. When God reveals the truth I think the jury should be on trial. I truly think the jury was influenced.
charles from Toledo

Toledo, OH

#3 Mar 10, 2006
My prayers and concerns are with David, his family, Ms. Deana's family and all those that are affected by this unfortunate event. My heart especially goes out to their children- they are ones who bear the heaviest burden! To end on a positive note, "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof." The imprinted legacy for this life is how one responds to change, to tragedy, and even triumph. Grace and Peace.
cousin from ohio

Akron, OH

#4 Mar 10, 2006
I grew up with my cousin Deana and no one in this world would have a reason to hurt her,but him she was going to leave him. Hello! Motive. I think he did it. Again someone think about the kids. They are the ones that are in the most pain thanks to some cruel act they dont have a mother or father. When all he had to do is let go.
Michelle from Niles Oh

Hiram, OH

#5 Mar 11, 2006
I met David Jenkins a few years back when he preached at my private school. At the time, I admired him and beleived he was passionate for God. There have been more recent things that happened before Deanna was murdered that make me know that David Jenkins is a fake. I have personally seen him do things I never would have thought "a man of God would do." I am more than convinced that this man deserves whatever comes to him and needs to quit using God's name so loosely when he speaks. If you truly are a Christian, you are Christ-like and he is a hypocrite.
Concered in Warren

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2006
Michelle from Niles Oh wrote:
I met David Jenkins a few years back when he preached at my private school. At the time, I admired him and beleived he was passionate for God. There have been more recent things that happened before Deanna was murdered that make me know that David Jenkins is a fake. I have personally seen him do things I never would have thought "a man of God would do." I am more than convinced that this man deserves whatever comes to him and needs to quit using God's name so loosely when he speaks. If you truly are a Christian, you are Christ-like and he is a hypocrite.
What did you see him do? I've also known him for a while and I haven't seen him do anything that would make me ? his faith. Besides it's not up to you or I to judge who's real or not, it's God's job. Are U A CHRISTIAN? If yes you need to pray for him and not put LIES in the street, the way you judge in how you will be judged, and second if you aren't SAVED, then you need to shut up.
Concered in Warren

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2006
cousin from ohio wrote:
I grew up with my cousin Deana and no one in this world would have a reason to hurt her,but him she was going to leave him. Hello! Motive. I think he did it. Again someone think about the kids. They are the ones that are in the most pain thanks to some cruel act they dont have a mother or father. When all he had to do is let go.
A HELLO! No disrespect but your cousin was a bit of a slut, it was reported in the trail that she was seeing, NO SCREWING, at least 3 other guy's and she had just broken up with one of them and he wasn't happy about that. CAN YOU SAY MORE MOTIVE, AND TWO OF THE GUY'S WERE MARRIED. Double motive.
Concerned

Girard, OH

#8 Mar 13, 2006
Concered in Warren wrote:
<quoted text>
A HELLO! No disrespect but your cousin was a bit of a slut, it was reported in the trail that she was seeing, NO SCREWING, at least 3 other guy's and she had just broken up with one of them and he wasn't happy about that. CAN YOU SAY MORE MOTIVE, AND TWO OF THE GUY'S WERE MARRIED. Double motive.
Got a bit out of pocket. I knew Deanna also and I didn't mean to call her a slut, she was a very nice lady. My apology to you and to her name sake.
Michelle from Niles Oh

United States

#9 Mar 15, 2006
<quoted text>
What did you see him do? I've also known him for a while and I haven't seen him do anything that would make me ? his faith. Besides it's not up to you or I to judge who's real or not, it's God's job. Are U A CHRISTIAN? If yes you need to pray for him and not put LIES in the street, the way you judge in how you will be judged, and second if you aren't SAVED, then you need to shut up.
Since you think I am throwing "lies" around about David, I don't feel like you need to know what he was doing because it would disgrace his name. I am a christian and am living my life for God and was dissapointed by the actions of a man that I believed to be on the right track. I do pray for him and his family but I can't ignore the obvious.By your fruits will you be known as a christian. It's sad to see what happens when people let a little sin into their lives. You need to realize that God knows everything, not you and although you knew him as a great man, maybe you were deceived as well.
HAPPY

Charlotte, NC

#10 Mar 17, 2006
SHE WAS BROKE, WHERE WAS SHE GOING...(MAYBE TO BED WITH ANOTHER MAN?
clemon

Warren, OH

#12 Nov 2, 2006
Dave was my uncle
sally

Fairview, PA

#13 Jul 1, 2007
<quoted text>
first of all i have been knowing deana and david all of my life,deana was never a slut. david was a player all of his life, so get it right
sally

Fairview, PA

#14 Jul 1, 2007
HAPPY wrote:
SHE WAS BROKE, WHERE WAS SHE GOING...(MAYBE TO BED WITH ANOTHER MAN?
wrong answer deana was not broke she had a job .she was a beautifull person because i am one of her close friends i shared everything with her and i knew that david mentally and physically abused her. so keep your mouth shut. it was a awfull trajedy for her family ,two children and friends that will miss her forever.But we as christians will be able to see her again.1630
Whiny Union Scum

Toledo, OH

#15 Jul 2, 2007
why do negroes have such stupid names?
nikiesha morris wrote:
David Jenkins is my uncle and I don't believe that he did it. There was a lot of things that were not proven by the prosicution, and people don't know that. I hink that it was an unfair judgement because Warren it such a small town that the jury may have been influenced by others prior to the trial. Ibelieve that many of them already had their mind made up.
anonymous from ohio

Charlotte, NC

#16 Aug 24, 2007
sally wrote:
<quoted text>first of all i have been knowing deana and david all of my life,deana was never a slut. david was a player all of his life, so get it right
First of all I don't know why people are talking about my girl like that but she was a special person and she was always there for me. David beat her up for years and he was not a saint himself. He got 2 girls at harding pregnant-so maybe she should have killed him. So just because she was cheating that doesn't give him no right to beat or kill her.
anonymous from ohio

Charlotte, NC

#17 Aug 24, 2007
And Ms Morris what wasn't proven by the prosecution? Desirae even testified against him so that told it all he murdered her. I was friends with her and my mom was too and she was going to leave him when the kids got older and thats why he killed her.
anonymous from ohio

Charlotte, NC

#18 Aug 24, 2007
And whoever is saying Deana was broke, Deana had a job and my mother knew Deana and david for years and david was abusive and he pushed her down the stairs when she was pregnant years ago. Also what do yall mean she had nowhere to go? First of all David lost his job as Assistant Pastor because he was an alcoholic. Secondly, he lost his job at the rebecca williams community center because he was an alcoholic and not only that he was taking prescription pills on top of that from what deana said and she was supporting his sorry butt-so where was he gonna go?
tim sleyzak golden co

AOL

#19 Dec 4, 2007
i was a teammate of davids at warren western reserve. He was a great player an this is a tragedy for everyone. If he did he should be held accountable if he did not then he should be free. Sorry to see such a good guy go bad if this is true.
mary anderson

Warren, OH

#20 Apr 7, 2008
i believe that he is innocent. he and my mom were best friends since 6th grade. i met him and his wife and they were in love. my prayers are with you mr. jenkins.
mary anderson

Warren, OH

#21 Apr 7, 2008
Michelle from Niles Oh wrote:
Mr. Jenkins never caused any harm to his wife all the times that i seen him, please he is innocent in my eyes. but we cannot judge any one only one person can and thats GOD. Only God can judge him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vienna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder charges surprise family of young victim (Nov '07) Jul '14 Truth 26
Columbiana eyes enterprise zone (May '14) May '14 MFLE 1
basketball form (Mar '13) Mar '13 DR WINSTON 1
HomeWreckingHoe (Feb '11) Jan '13 koolkool1 4
Who do you support for State House in Ohio (Dis... (Oct '10) Nov '10 test 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Jim 12
Who do you support for County Commissioner in O... (Oct '10) Nov '10 jim 3
Vienna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web