Climbing The Volcano: Does a bulge on...

Climbing The Volcano: Does a bulge on the South Sister foreshadow a change in scenery for hikers?

There are 2 comments on the www.registerguard.com story from Aug 29, 2007, titled Climbing The Volcano: Does a bulge on the South Sister foreshadow a change in scenery for hikers?. In it, www.registerguard.com reports that:

More people have been climbing South Sister recently, even though scientists have discovered that the mountain is bulging.

Of course the trip is popular for many reasons. The view at the summit covers half the state. The challenging trail to the top doesn't require technical climbing skill - just good weather and plenty of stamina.

But for some, the climb has become a chance to see Oregon's third tallest peak before it changes forever. Of course the trip is popular for many reasons. The view at the summit covers half the state.

Many things could happen when South Sister next erupts.

The mountain's glaciers could melt, launching mudflows and floods that race down the McKenzie River toward Springfield. Ash could turn the Three Sisters Wilderness gray. Cinders and lava could spark forest fires. The silhouette of the mountain could change.

That uncertainty is one of the reasons to visit now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.registerguard.com.

libase gondwe

Belmont, Australia

#1 Nov 3, 2007
IT SUKS
IT SUKS
Brian

United States

#2 Apr 29, 2012
I think it would b a awesome sight to see... When i lived there i woke up looking at south sister i found it to be beautiful to wake up to and if it erupts it will be a awesome sight to see how it changes the earth forever... I hope i am back there when it does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oregon gets F grade in 2015 State Integrity Inv... (May '17) Feb '18 linda Barrow 2
Graveyard carz (Jan '15) Dec '17 mopar 1 5
Review: Hysteria City.com (Oct '10) Sep '17 bluzeman 51
Review: Hosanna Real Estate Svc (Oct '08) Sep '17 Stymied 57
Video Oregon 09' (Jan '13) Jan '13 oops 1
News "Fish dumping" mimics nature (Oct '12) Oct '12 oops 1
Lloyd Knox Water Board Park (Oct '12) Oct '12 concerend person 1

Vida Jobs

Personal Finance

Vida Mortgages