Search Intensifies For Missing Professor

Search Intensifies For Missing Professor

There are 1 comment on the www.oregonlive.com story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Search Intensifies For Missing Professor. In it, www.oregonlive.com reports that:

Searchers on the ground and in the air searched the Cascade Mountain foothills Wednesday for a University of Oregon professor missing after telling friends he was going on a day hike Sunday.

Hikers reported seeing him on a trail Sunday afternoon but he is unreported since.

The Lane County sheriff's office is leading the search, and deputies from neighboring Benton County were to join the effort Wednesday. The Oregon wing of the Civil Air Patrol sent up a search plane and Deschutes County sent deputies with horses.

An Oregon National Guard helicopter joined the effort on Tuesday and a second arrived on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.oregonlive.com.

“Women (and cats) of WoW unite!”

Since: Jul 07

San Diego, but now: The Woods

#1 Nov 8, 2007
It appears that the professor tried to go much farther on his hike than usual because his wife didn't come with him this week.

The freezing level will be dropping lower on Thursday night and rain is coming after that. I hope and pray that they find him safe soon.

Having the Blackhawk's infrared capabilities in use there may help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyler Barbee springfield oregon Nov '15 Daniel 2
Graveyard carz (Jan '15) Nov '15 Notta fan anymorez 2
News Noe Garcia Moncada Pleads Guilty (Feb '08) Oct '15 An non 10
News K9 Cop Uses Leash to Save Woman Sep '15 Spotted Girl 2
Neal Falls 45 years old (Jul '15) Jul '15 seriously 2
Don Suttner? (Jun '15) Jun '15 Man 1
Video Oregon 09' (Jan '13) Jan '13 oops 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vida Mortgages