Honoring a Victorville pioneer

Honoring a Victorville pioneer

There are 1 comment on the Victorville Daily Press story from Jul 23, 2012, titled Honoring a Victorville pioneer. In it, Victorville Daily Press reports that:

VICTORVILLE In the Golden Age of Hollywood, celebrities would flee to Kemper Campbell Ranch to seek an oasis out of the public eye.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Victorville Daily Press.

Freddie

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 26, 2012
My family moved to Apple Valey in 1956 - still the "early" days.
The old Kemper Campbell was one place the celebrities hung out, however, there were others such as The Rincon Ranch in A. V.
The Three part series about the area (Victorville/Apple Valley) from the very early days when the Serrano Indians lived in the area, to when the town was incorporated, is available on youtube.com if anyone is interested.
BTW I had lunch at the ranch just after high school and the release of one of her books. I visited with Mrs. Kemper-Campbell who was a friend of my first mother in law. My mother in law (a writer herself) lived in what was called, "The Doll House," one of the many out buildings on the property at the time and so-called because that's where Mrs. K. C.'s children played when little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victorville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Residents to hold candlelight vigils for a oemi... 6 hr Who 6
News Visalia man arrested as suspect in church burgl... Tue Who 7
News He Was Elected Mayor of Lightning in a Bottle. ... Mon solongfarewell 1
News Visalia man sentenced for attempted murder of wife (Sep '14) Feb 25 Sugg45 4
News Authorities: Suspect wanted for car thefts arre... Feb 22 Well Well 2
thinking of moving to Visalia,concerned about c... (Sep '11) Feb 21 badinga7 26
News Teen boy, 13, contracts flesh-eating virus afte... Feb 15 Who 3

Victorville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Victorville Mortgages