Being dragged by car, Victorville she...

Being dragged by car, Victorville sheriff's deputy shoots, kill...

There are 274 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Dec 13, 2009, titled Being dragged by car, Victorville sheriff's deputy shoots, kill.... In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

A San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy reportedly shot and killed a fleeing suspect while being dragged by the suspect's vehicle on Palmdale Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Apple Valley, CA

#313 Sep 15, 2010
OutRunninCopsDaily wrote:
Jarod was my friend, he taught me alot about honda motors, thanks to him cops nor CHP can ever touch my car, 16 high speed chases later and they still cant find me. Thanks Jarod for helping me build a fast car and build a rep with the cops as the untouchable one, I dont do it to street race, I do it to piss off the cops that cant keep up on the freeway. Sorry but your 130 MPH helicopter cant keep up. Try chasing me in your CHP Camero again, it was fun listening to the cops talking shit over the Radio on how they lost me LMAO !
It's just a matter of time until they're going to be scraping your arrogant carcass off of the pavement with a putty knife.
TAXES FUND MURDER

Victorville, CA

#315 Jan 13, 2011
YALL DONT EVEN KNOW THE TRUTH, I witnessed Van Puttnum of the VVPD open fire before approaching the car. Van Puttnum stated in his report "I WANTED TO SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD" That sure makes me feel safe with a trigger happy murderer with a badge. AVENGE SEVENFOLD - I WONT SEE YOU TONIGHT part1. Dedicated to Jarod Michael Brown by people who didnt even know him or ever met him. If he was such a bad person how come 100`s of people who didnt even know him are showing him love. IMMA STAR by Jeremiah featuring Juelz Santana, that song was written and dedicated to Jarod Michael Brown.
RIP JAROD

Victorville, CA

#316 Jan 13, 2011
Anyone know where Van Puttnum lives?
RIP JAROD

Victorville, CA

#317 Jan 13, 2011
Carlo Kotex wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, that baboon was running wild, threatening the Mc-e-dees employees, squirting mustard and ketchup all over the restaurant, then making off with the napkin holders, on top of that he starts to bad mouth the cops with ( I didn't do nothing )...( why are you pukes harassing me?)....then he proceeds to act like a wild baboon straight out of the Congo, and drag a cop, that fool deserves all of the extra holze the cops gave him, good riddance to bad black stanky trash.
its funny you talk crap on Jarod Brown but guess whos sleeping with Van Puttnums wife while hes on duty? LMAO, sorry Puttnum but that aint your baby, thanks for raising my kid. LMFAO sorry cop dont know how many dicks been up in his wifes pussy. I wish I would have met the kid you shot, but from what your wife says, you didnt follow police procedures.
I am Decline

Victorville, CA

#318 Jan 16, 2011
I been checking up on this lately and been noticing alot of B.S. Honestly I think alot of you are heartless bastards, just can`t wait til it happens to you. What happened that night was all a mistake and obviously one big mis understanding that took my best friends life. I grew up with Jarod, and to be real he was nothing like you people are saying he was. He had the heart of gold, never hurt anyone or any animal at that. He was just a kid having fun just like the rest of us. You all act as if you were angels growing up acting like you never once came in contact with police. I`m 24 years old and I`ve had my fair share of contact with law enforcement and I`m not a bad person. Jarod was a smart kid, doing what he loved to do and that was work on cars. He bought a nicely modified Mustang not knowing the history behind the car. Unfortunatly it took his life. I used to be mad at every cop I would see, but now I`m only mad at Van Puttnum. It`s not the whole police departments fault for one officers mistake. It`s upsetting knowing that Van Puttnum is still patroling VictorVilles streets, kind of scary if you ask me. I just wish all of you who werent there wouldnt start talking like you were. Only God knows the truth, but for Van Puttnum to say in the police report that he wanted to shoot him in the head, now that makes me second guess what kind of person Puttnum really is. I`ve never once would expect a police officer to say something so heartless and cruel. What amazes me the most is the day of Jarod Browns 1 year memorial, there was cars lined up for a 1/4 mile. If he was really a bad person you think he would have had that many people there to show their love? I think not. As for Van Puttnum you need to use common sense rather than trying to be a hero, cuz honestly thats going to cost you your life. You may not be fast enough to reach for your gun next time. For those of you who doubt me when I say Jarod had alot of friends, look it up for yourself on you tube, just search for Jarods Final Memorial and Jarods 1 year memorial. you`ll be amazed at how many people loved him and miss him everyday. It`s not easy knowing his son is missing him just as much as the rest of us. Still brings tears to my eyes knowing such a great person had to die in such a cruel way. Rest In Paradise Jarod Michael "Jer Bear" Brown 4-19-89 / 12-12-09. See you in Honda Heaven. Havnt met anyone yet to do a motor swap for me for a few cheese burgers, LOL. I miss you bro.

Since: Oct 09

Apple Valley, CA

#319 Jan 16, 2011
I am Decline wrote:
I been checking up on this lately and been noticing alot of B.S. Honestly I think alot of you are heartless bastards, just can`t wait til it happens to you. What happened that night was all a mistake and obviously one big mis understanding that took my best friends life. I grew up with Jarod, and to be real he was nothing like you people are saying he was. He had the heart of gold, never hurt anyone or any animal at that. He was just a kid having fun just like the rest of us. You all act as if you were angels growing up acting like you never once came in contact with police. I`m 24 years old and I`ve had my fair share of contact with law enforcement and I`m not a bad person. Jarod was a smart kid, doing what he loved to do and that was work on cars. He bought a nicely modified Mustang not knowing the history behind the car. Unfortunatly it took his life. I used to be mad at every cop I would see, but now I`m only mad at Van Puttnum. It`s not the whole police departments fault for one officers mistake. It`s upsetting knowing that Van Puttnum is still patroling VictorVilles streets, kind of scary if you ask me. I just wish all of you who werent there wouldnt start talking like you were. Only God knows the truth, but for Van Puttnum to say in the police report that he wanted to shoot him in the head, now that makes me second guess what kind of person Puttnum really is. I`ve never once would expect a police officer to say something so heartless and cruel. What amazes me the most is the day of Jarod Browns 1 year memorial, there was cars lined up for a 1/4 mile. If he was really a bad person you think he would have had that many people there to show their love? I think not. As for Van Puttnum you need to use common sense rather than trying to be a hero, cuz honestly thats going to cost you your life. You may not be fast enough to reach for your gun next time. For those of you who doubt me when I say Jarod had alot of friends, look it up for yourself on you tube, just search for Jarods Final Memorial and Jarods 1 year memorial. you`ll be amazed at how many people loved him and miss him everyday. It`s not easy knowing his son is missing him just as much as the rest of us. Still brings tears to my eyes knowing such a great person had to die in such a cruel way. Rest In Paradise Jarod Michael "Jer Bear" Brown 4-19-89 / 12-12-09. See you in Honda Heaven. Havnt met anyone yet to do a motor swap for me for a few cheese burgers, LOL. I miss you bro.
We're heartless, but you can't wait, until it happens to one of us. Gotta love the hypocrisy.
Kevin

Covina, CA

#320 Jun 30, 2011
The stupidity on here is amazing.

Since: Apr 12

Oakland, CA

#321 Apr 13, 2012
Wow! As I drive down Palmdale Rd. and see the cross and teddy bears near the pole, I always wondered what happened... I never realized it was something like this! I though maybe a high school kid might have been hit by a car or something; I had no clue there was a lawsuit and such a twisted story. How is Jarod's baby now? Must be about 5 now? Poor kid, without his dad ; ( no matter what the details are someone is gone and the pain that last for his family will never go away...
Mary

Ontario, CA

#322 May 30, 2012
Wow u guys r low lifes. How could u say this about him. Hope the cop who shot him burns in hell. Itz their choice to race or not . Stupid low lifes.
Snoopy

Waianae, HI

#324 Jul 5, 2012
Second Thoughts wrote:
The guy died like the criminal that he was. He left behind family. He left behind a child that will never know it's dad. Why? Because he put his criminal life above his flash and blood. Now, friends and family are left with the task of blaming everyone else when no one else, but Jarrod is to blame.
you really need to keep what gotta say about jarod off of here I knew him personnly an he was a great father seriously ANY ONE AN EVERYONE that wants to talk shit you can ROUGHT IN HELL.... ALL OF YOU CAN HATE AN HATE AN HATE because he you never knew him an what a wondurful man an father he was SO KEEP ALL YOUR STUPID REMARKS TO YOUR SELF.
Cops Lie

Adelanto, CA

#325 Dec 11, 2012
San Bernardino County Sheriff are the most corrupted sheriff in the nation, they recieve thousands of complains a year from citizens who have no criminal back grounds. I personally have a major law suit. 3 officers from the victorville department approached a homeless man infront of my home, they open fire on an unarmed delusional man they fired 64 rounds into his body between 3 officers. My knowledge a fire arm magazine holds up to 16 rounds, so the officers not only emptied full magazines into the man, but they reloaded and continued firing, some of the shots richocheted off the side walk and street sending bullets into my home striking my 6 year old nephew several times as well as striking my 4 year old niece who was sitting on the couch next time him. That is excessive use of force. The case of the homeless man was dismissed and officers deny firing that many shots. Whats helping us win the case is our home has multiple security cameras through out the property, we did not notify the sheriff about the cameras because we know they owuld have asked for the digital recording, instead we turned the footage over to the attorneys taking the case. The homeless man was a white male who was in the neighborhood picking up trash and bringing in some og the neighbors trash cans in as a good deed. COPS LIE.
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#326 Nov 7, 2014
Snoopy wrote:
<quoted text> you really need to keep what gotta say about jarod off of here I knew him personnly an he was a great father seriously ANY ONE AN EVERYONE that wants to talk shit you can ROUGHT IN HELL.... ALL OF YOU CAN HATE AN HATE AN HATE because he you never knew him an what a wondurful man an father he was SO KEEP ALL YOUR STUPID REMARKS TO YOUR SELF.
So, because you knew him, nothing he can do is wrong, or deserved, is that about right?
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#327 Nov 7, 2014
Snoopy wrote:
<quoted text> you really need to keep what gotta say about jarod off of here I knew him personnly an he was a great father seriously ANY ONE AN EVERYONE that wants to talk shit you can ROUGHT IN HELL.... ALL OF YOU CAN HATE AN HATE AN HATE because he you never knew him an what a wondurful man an father he was SO KEEP ALL YOUR STUPID REMARKS TO YOUR SELF.
The ONLY good thing that came out of this loser's death was that he taught his loser friends when you drag a cop with your car, being shot and killed by cops is a very real possibility.
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#328 Nov 7, 2014
Mary wrote:
Wow u guys r low lifes. How could u say this about him. Hope the cop who shot him burns in hell. Itz their choice to race or not . Stupid low lifes.
Where do I begin?

u is spelled you
r is spelled are
Itz is spelled it's (you use an apostrophe, because it's is the contraction of it and is. The apostrophe takes the place of the second "i", so, instead of itis, it becomes it's).

Irony is the action of a lowlife calling another a lowlife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victorville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As Trumpa s immigration plan looms, thousands o... Sep 15 Well Well 5
Laws ( Police do your job ) Sep 10 Good Thing 3
Review: Hesperia Metrolink Station Sep 3 HESPERIA METROLINK 19
Review: Victorville Amtrak Station Sep 3 VICTORVILLE AMTRAK 2
Review: Victorville/Apple Valley Metrolink Station Sep 3 VICTORVILLE METRO... 4
Review: South Victorville Metrolink Station Sep 3 S VICTORVILLE MET... 3
News Legal marijuana in Visalia? It wona t ever get ... Sep 2 Who 1

Victorville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Victorville Mortgages