Sherry's cafe

Rockford, IL

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Went in there to eat heard it has good good but the service was horrible! This is the second time I went the cook was busy on her phone while the older cook ran around and did everything and the second time I went in the waitress was completely rude didn't smile or anything but I guess if I was as talk ugly and manly as her I prob wouldn't have anything to smile about! I will not be going back
mr coffee

Rockford, IL

#2 Apr 4, 2013
That don't suprise me any I stopped going in because she was reusing coffee bags! The waitress was most likely her daughter and im sure the cook was her other daughter! Those kids come and go when they want and do what they want! surprised she is even still open the place has home down hill
Not important

Princeville, IL

#3 Apr 6, 2013
You ever think bout going to the owner or taking to the person yourself? Thats about the only way to fix a problem the owner doesn't know about. This site is ridiculous!

Alsip, IL

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Not important wrote:
You ever think bout going to the owner or taking to the person yourself? Thats about the only way to fix a problem the owner doesn't know about. This site is ridiculous!
what a joke no point in talking to owner several times when a customer makes a good comment on how good one her employees did she will say well Cheryl does this or Donna did that she don't like it when people tell her negativity about her kids! Sherry even sits and slanders her employees with customers very unprofessional place!

Alsip, IL

#5 Apr 6, 2013
I heard she fired all her cooks to bring her daughter in for a job because her boyfriend left her
completely satisfied

Toulon, IL

#6 Apr 6, 2013
Sorry your experience was bad, but we go in every Friday night and sometimes during the week, whenever our schedule allows us to go. The waitresses have always been friendly. The times we've been there they were so busy no one had time to be on phones. We have taken friends from out of town to Sherry's and when they come back to visit they ask to have dinner there. All places have problems but the ones that have been posted on this site are minor. We enjoy going there and the food has always been excellent.

Princeville, IL

#7 Apr 6, 2013
Kevin. I'd like to say that's a rumor! And extremely far from the truth! As far as mom not liking negative comments on her kids. I'm not sure i know a great mother who does! With that being said. She is always riding us about our mess ups and the way we are at work! No one is perfect we all make mistakes and have our own problems! No one on here knows the truth! If u have a problem with the place go to her. She has bent over backwards many times to make things right! Anyone who truly knows the place or my mom knows she's a wonderful woman and has put her heart and soul into that place! So before running to the Internet about your problems. Try mentioning it to her! If nothing changes then and only then will your complaints be legit!
customer from anther town

Neponset, IL

#8 Apr 7, 2013
My family trys to make it to galva to eat at sherrys once a week at least, the food is great and the service has always been good..they greet you right away, get your food out to you in a timley matter, and is always delicious..Have you tried to get in there on a thursday,a friday..saturday? Sure seems to be the place to eat and obviously not just for galva residents They must be doing something right...Sounds like some people have nothing better to do in life than try to bring down a good thing..remember dont believe everything you read..especially on the internet..get serious..stop in there and try for yourself...guarenteed a good dinner/service!!!
ex waitress

United States

#9 Apr 8, 2013
I use to work as a waitress and let me tell you on glad I don't asking to have a day off forget it you always have to work around there schedule her daughters need this or that off or they don't got sorters or there kids are sick but if anybody else couldn't come in we got yelled at or talked about behind are back! Id work 8hrs didn't get a lunch a break and had to pay for my own food when I couldn't leave to go home to atleast eat but her kids walk around eating for free one even had racked up over 300 in charges between her and her boyfriend glad I moved on that place is drama central and nothing but favortism

Spring Valley, IL

#10 Apr 13, 2013
That's why I go to Corner Table Cafe. Excellent food and staff
supporter of Galva Cafes

Toulon, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2013
To you people who continue to put people & businesses down, hope you realize your not only hurting the people or place your criticizing but also there families who rely on the business to succeed so they have a pay check. The more you try to hurt the business because you had a bad experience the less sales they have and it could be your friend or even a family member that could lose their job. How will you feel then when they cant support their family. I have eaten at all the cafes in Galva, and not every time Ive been in there has everything been perfect, but I don't go on sites like this to degrade people or business at least the owners have the guts to try to run a business in this economy. I'm sure thats more than you people who are talking negative about them have done. People need to grow up and be adults, if you have a problem talk to the person or place you have a problem with, most of the time things can be worked out, but if you don't try then its your own fault you are unhappy. So to all the owners of the cafes in Galva, I applaud you for trying to support Galva and give people jobs. Keep up the good work and don't listen to the BS on these sites, you have friends and family who will support you and want you to succeed.

Colona, IL

#12 May 21, 2013
I can see from these posts someone has a personal ax to grind and unfortunately is using this forum to spread slander. I have been going to Sherry's since it opened and it is probably one of the best finds in the area. I eat here frequently and would without doubt recommend it to anyone. This place is not average. THIS PLACE IS WELL ABOVE AVERAGE. This is coming from someone who eats probably 50% of his meals on the road for work..and someone who likes food.
Not only is the food great, the place clean, but the waitresses are fantastic. When I have had a (rare) issue it was always resolved. The owner works hard to create a great option for us to eat at. The prices are also reasonable. This place also offers employment for people that want to work hard. This place is a Galva treasure.
It is a shame that someone not only bashes the restaurant but talks their most important asset, their staff/people. I heard about this post and felt immediately inclined to dispute it. If anyone here read this and thought about not going, I would please reconsider. Do not let the views of a very few (with personal ax's to grind) to turn you away. Support this business and all others in Galva.
This place is 5 Stars in my book. Great Food; Great Value; Great Service and VERY CLEAN. Most important the waitressesand cooking staff are TOP NOTCH.
But..most important.. leave room for the PIE. It is fantastic.:-)
Kevin G. Galva.

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 22, 2014
Sherrys sucks ass, dude. Just ask anyone in town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Harvests Field For Farmer With Cancer... Oct '15 CTCT 1
cheaters (Jun '07) Aug '15 shocked 11
Sally Decrane (Aug '11) Feb '15 Phantom 2
Karissa Nash (Jan '15) Jan '15 Face 1
decent hospitals around Galva? (Oct '14) Oct '14 reality bites 2
matt brody? (Sep '10) Oct '14 hiiamadouche 2
coward who shot cat (Oct '14) Oct '14 curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Victoria Mortgages