Community reacts to Victor art teacher's arrest

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A local art teacher has been arrested and charged for sexually abusing a student at Victor High School.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2010
dee

Fairport, NY

#1 Jul 21, 2009
people should wait and see when all the information comes out before they make a decision about him. From a personal position from a family member who lied, you never know why people say the things they do and for what reason. If you look into the situation deeper, you may find the truth is very unbelieveable.
13suks

Rochester, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2009
Here's another white sicko from the burbs.
And everyone is going to say its not true, and that he is such a nice white person from the burbs and he couldn't have done "anything" wrong.
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#3 Jul 21, 2009
Gee 13, you'd better hope no kid ever accuses you of the unthinkable. Don't think it can't happen to you.
I can not tell a lie

Lansing, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2009
13suks tried to touch me!!! He told me that the cops were bad and that I shouldn't never trust them. Then he touched me in a bad place!!!! But I couldn't tell anyone since he told me the cops were bad and that all white people in the burbs were evil and deceitful.
another1

Rochester, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2009
well 13sux.. im guessing your 13 and that being said your opinon doesnt matter...

i know he is innocent and ill back himm up any day of the week
Jay

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2009
dee wrote:
people should wait and see when all the information comes out before they make a decision about him. From a personal position from a family member who lied, you never know why people say the things they do and for what reason. If you look into the situation deeper, you may find the truth is very unbelieveable.
How come that same logic didn't apply to Michael Jackson?
question

Romulus, NY

#7 Aug 2, 2009
If this was a woman teacher that messed with a 16 year old boy everyone would say "wow what a lucky kid" or "wish I had a teacher like that". Just wondering if people feel the same when the teacher is a male with a female student. Does the female student feel unlucky?? and a male student feel lucky??
RPDsuks

Rochester, NY

#8 Aug 2, 2009
The police in the Town of Victor deals with the worst scum of society.
worldwithoutend1 2

Rochester, NY

#9 Mar 3, 2010
13suks wrote:
And everyone is going to say its not true, and that he is such a nice white person from the burbs and he couldn't have done "anything" wrong.
You know, he could be innocent. Unlikely, but it might be true. Don't be prejudiced because he's white. That's just as bad as being prejudiced against the African Americans because they're black or agianst the Chinese because China's communist.
Gareson

Rochester, NY

#11 Mar 5, 2010
13suks wrote:
How is race even an issue here? Ignorant dribble.
13suks

Rochester, NY

#12 Mar 5, 2010
So, everyone now knows he is guilty. ty.

And race is an issue, as you don't see many on comment boards standing up for black perverts, do you?
Gareson

Rochester, NY

#13 Mar 5, 2010
13suks wrote:
And race is an issue, as you don't see many on comment boards standing up for black perverts, do you?
Can you explain to me how his being white is an issue?
Gareson

Rochester, NY

#14 Mar 5, 2010
13suks wrote:
Not one single person stood up for this guy because he was white- that's nonsense. He may have been respected, trusted, appreciated- maybe that is the reason they stuck up for him(rather than the color of his skin). I am not saying he is necessarily worthy of those positive sentiments, but they aren't founded on his race. How frikken stupid.
13suks

Rochester, NY

#15 Mar 5, 2010
Gareson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one single person stood up for this guy because he was white- that's nonsense. He may have been respected, trusted, appreciated- maybe that is the reason they stuck up for him(rather than the color of his skin). I am not saying he is necessarily worthy of those positive sentiments, but they aren't founded on his race. How frikken stupid.
When the jury ruled and all the media ran with the news breaking story, several at first titled the story "Victor Teacher Found NOT Guilty".
Even tho he was found guilty on 2 charges they titled the story NOT guilty.
Are you telling me that that wasn't because his race???
13suks

Rochester, NY

#16 Mar 5, 2010
Gareson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain to me how his being white is an issue?
Because your standing up for him, because your speaking up on this topic. It's only because he is white.

GO to a story of a black criminal, and all you see is nasty comments. But goto a story of a white guy like this and there are many comments saying what a nice guy he is, he's innocent, etc etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family of Kevin Ward, Jr. issues statement 1 hr JHat 159
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 19 hr Lol 16,781
Man sentenced up to 90 years in prison for 40 h... (Aug '09) Thu Diamond Daisy 42
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Rochester Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing ... Aug 27 Robinwilliams 2
Will Lachenauer-grew up in Fairport -Now a Gold... Aug 26 Gretchen Schneider 1
Changing limits on Macedon bridge (Jan '09) Aug 24 Diamond Daisy 6
•••
•••
•••

Victor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Victor People Search