Rochester Man Electrocuted, Dies

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo 7
An Ontario County man died after he cut into a power line while sawing limbs from a tree that had fallen in his back yard. Full Story
Ronald

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2007
Nice that RG&E closed the barn door after the horse escaped
Outsider

Clyde, NY

#2 Jul 16, 2007
RG&E doesn't often take care of limb problems with any degree of urgency. I called three years running trying to get limbs which were pulling down lines trimmed. A foreman came out SIX times and told me that the limbs weren't causing any problems as far as he was concerned. Each time, I called his superior who reiterated each that if limbs are "touching" power lines, RG&E is required to trim them. I finally gave up and cut the tree myself. I'm sure if I had electrocuted myself, RG&E would have had the same response they have to this poor man's death.

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jul 16, 2007
While, I'm sorry that man died, the problem area was in the backyard. Unless it was a true emergency, the man should not have been using a chainsaw around the power lines.
I understand your frustration in your story Outsider. In 1988, a tree limb fell on power lines to the house next door to us, draping the lines right on our car, which was parked in our driveway. It took Niagara Mohawk 6 hours to get out and take care of the wires, despite my telling them I had 3 little kids in the house and if I needed my car, I couldn't move it.
Jennifer1171

Chicago Heights, IL

#4 Jul 17, 2007
I'm sorry to hear that. I give my blessings to the family. It was just a mishap that happened.
annonymous

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Jul 21, 2007
I'm quite upset by this story. I don't care if it is Sunday a high electricity wire shouldn't have been left hanging for two whole days.
Christina

AOL

#6 Jul 21, 2007
Dick Marion, a spokesman for RG&E, said an emergency crew was called immediately after the electrocution and arrived at about 4:30 p.m.
They waited till after to get someone out there? How messed up is that?
OhNo

United States

#7 Jul 21, 2007
That's horrible that that happened but who in their right mind, knowing the power lines are in the tree that just fell try to cut it up? I know the story said something about a kennel but come on, if there were dogs in it and they were ok, I would have just let it alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 6 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 6 hr NAVYVET 6,391
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,463
Family of Kevin Ward, Jr. issues statement 23 hr So Be It 244
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sun Jeff 16,795
Judge Will Stay On The Johnson Case Sep 27 yet to be determined 3
Deputies: Canandaigua man found lying in a fiel... Sep 24 Some level of cul... 1

Victor Jobs

Victor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Victor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Victor

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]