Child struck on Middle Cheshire Road

A boy suffered serious injuries when he was struck by a pick-up truck while he and friends walked along Middle Cheshire Road about an hour ago. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
annonymous1

New York, NY

#61 Sep 4, 2009
Sadly Nate is no longer with us. Our hearts & prayers go out to the family.
RIP Nate

Rochester, NY

#62 Sep 4, 2009
I only met Nate this summer when he helped out with swim lessons. Always the first to arrive and the last to leave, he went above and beyond what was expected. Not to mention he was ALWAYS smiling; he was an awesome kid. Everybody loved him. He will be sorely missed.
RIP Nate

Rochester, NY

#63 Sep 4, 2009
If I could just add one thing, the negative comments are getting kind of old. Maybe instead of trying to find someone to blame, we should try and think about what the Romano family and Nate's friends are going through right now. To me, that's more important then blaming the driver of the truck or pointing fingers at the boys. Accidents happen, and even though that's hard to accept I think all the energy that's going into negative comments would be better spent remembering Nate as the wonderful person that he was and supporting the family/friends in their time of need.
lam

Canandaigua, NY

#64 Sep 4, 2009
my heart is very heavy today..I am so sorry for Nates passing his familys deep sorrow and pain, and Mr Mitchells as well...
IrishEyes

Rochester, NY

#65 Sep 4, 2009
I live in a suburban if not rural neighborhood development. Practically EVERY night kids are out blocking the road. Sometimes they move, sometimes they don't. Some of them see me, others don't and it doesn't matter if you beep at them to move, they just cop attitudes. The point is, kids are kids and they don't always watch where they are going. I've lost track how many times the same kid has pulled out in front of my car on his bike as I'm coming down the street. Thank God, I know they are there and keep going slow behind them until they are out of the way and stopped. All his other friends move and tell him I'm there, and he cuts right in front of the car. This is a horrible, horrible, accident and my prayers are with both families.
kaykob

Rochester, NY

#66 Sep 4, 2009
Heartless, I hope that it never happens to you. It is one of the worse thing that a person could go through.
Sad

Jersey City, NJ

#67 Sep 4, 2009
My prayers and sympathies go out to all involved -- especially Nate's family. My heart aches. As a parent I can't start to imagine being on either side of this tragedy.

Perhaps this will re-open frank, constructive family discussions regarding behavior near roadways. Parents, remind your children to STAY AWAY from roads, even those just outside the house.

If you're on foot (or even on a bike), stay away from cars -- they are much larger, heavier, harder to control and have less visibility than you do. Walk on a road ONLY if necessary. Whether it's your legal right, or not, it's dangerous.

For better or worse, our society currently relies on vehicles and uses them get places in an efficient manner. Slowing down cars with speed limits doesn't work efficient enforcement is near-impossible and changing weather conditions sometimes make speed limits irrelevant.

We need to find better ways to manage vehicle and pedestrian/bicycle traffic. Sidewalks and wider margins are a good start, and would encourage exercise and less reliance on cars.

I say this as someone who was once an avid biker and has seen many auto & bike accidents. I'd love to see the day they disappear and never happen, ever again.
Matt

Rochester, NY

#68 Feb 24, 2010
I knew nate romano, the kid that got hit, he went 2 my school and it wasnt the drivers fault, i dont know wat exactly happened & i dont wanna know it hurts 2 much and i dont wanna know if he got pushed other wise im gonna b mad @ that person, but 2 remember him my school, Canandaigua Middle School created a wristband thats orange (since thats his fav. color) and says "in memory of Nate Romano"
Matt

Rochester, NY

#69 Feb 24, 2010
Peg wrote:
I know 3 things:
a) Mr. Mitchell would have NEVER done this on purpose. He is a great individual.
b) Nate Romano used to pick on me, everyday. There is a feeling of sorrow for him, but maybe now he won't pick on me.
c) No one goes the Speed Limit on that road. NO ONE.
sup up he doesnt deserve this, i know nate 2 and he picked on me but i would never NEVER want him 2 die no 1 does ok!
anonymous

Batavia, NY

#70 Jul 25, 2010
Peg wrote:
I know 3 things:
a) Mr. Mitchell would have NEVER done this on purpose. He is a great individual.
b) Nate Romano used to pick on me, everyday. There is a feeling of sorrow for him, but maybe now he won't pick on me.
c) No one goes the Speed Limit on that road. NO ONE.
how dare you talk about nate like that, he was a great individual, and a great freind, and you come on here and talk like that. cold hearted bitch.

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#71 Jul 25, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
how dare you talk about nate like that, he was a great individual, and a great freind, and you come on here and talk like that. cold hearted bitch.
He's been gone since 2 September 2009, who the fuck cares what he was doing or was not doing anyway, he is now WORM food. Thats what he gets for playing chicken with a pick up truck just to show his peers that he is a big man.. Play taps again for the stupid kid. NOw all the people he picked on can go take a dump on his gravesite..Good Riddance
Dustin

Newark, NY

#72 Aug 25, 2013
How old was Nate?
hibbleh

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#73 Aug 27, 2013
TheRealCityRes wrote:
Parents in the burbs need to teach their kids not to walk in the middle of the road.
middle chesh isnt the "burbs"
autismawareness

Newark, NY

#74 Aug 27, 2013
hibbleh wrote:
<quoted text> middle chesh isnt the "burbs"
It doesn't matter if it's the burbs or not they didn't say it was the "burbs"

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#75 Sep 2, 2013
This guy was 13 when he was killed he certainly was a teenager. you guys make it as if it's some single digit person that was the victim.
Newark weed

Iraq

#76 Sep 2, 2013
Diamond Daisy wrote:
This guy was 13 when he was killed he certainly was a teenager. you guys make it as if it's some single digit person that was the victim.
Do you have a pen?
If so, I think you better get back before the farmer finds out you're missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 2 hr truth 759
Family of Kevin Ward, Jr. issues statement 22 hr Some level of cul... 216
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri No one 440
•••
•••
•••

Victor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Victor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Victor News, Events & Info