Best breakfasts on Long Island

Best breakfasts on Long Island

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 13, 2008, titled Best breakfasts on Long Island. In it, Newsday reports that:

Any local diner can make you eggs, but how many places can serve you a breakfast that will make your day? Few enough.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Haven't had good experiences at Glen's Dinette. First time: there was a guy behind the counter who mainly made toast. He'd take it out of the toaster, slather butter on it, then press his BARE HAND over the buttered toast while cutting it in half. Worse was seeing him bus dirty dishes, then go back to working the toast station without washing his hands--and once go outside for a while and come back to manhandling the toast. Waitresses would come by and paw through the different varieties of toast, to toss what they need onto a plate. Ugh.
Second time, i mainly wanted to watch things closely. It was mid-morning and not busy, so there was no "toast guy" this time. But I could barely get service; the waitresses basically hung around. It took nearly 15 minutes to give my order, and I finally had to get up and ask for my bill. The only other time anyone came to my table was when the order was brought.

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 15, 2008
My really is.

From very healthy to delicious and not so charge, no tips.
gotta have a breakfast

West Haverstraw, NY

#3 Mar 15, 2008
Maureen's in Smithtown is the only breakfast nook we go to and yes, it makes our Sundays better.

Sierra Vista, AZ

#4 Mar 16, 2008
gotta have a breakfast wrote:
Maureen's in Smithtown is the only breakfast nook we go to and yes, it makes our Sundays better.
What about IHOP,huh...that blows Maureen's away...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 8 hr Louis K Lepke 28
News What's your opinion of the Hazzard County Squir... (Feb '13) 17 hr Yee haw 28
The New Yorker Oct 6 Disguted 1
Saratoga crossing policy activuty Oct 4 Caitlyn 1
News Sliney, Elaine M. Oct 2 Roy Nickerson 1
News Two arrested for stealing merchandise from Lord... Oct 1 time warp 1
News Boy Dies in U-Haul Accident (Apr '07) Sep 21 anabel 4

Victor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Victor Mortgages