Wounded deputy home from Iraq

Wounded deputy home from Iraq

There are 107 comments on the Democrat & Chronicle story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Wounded deputy home from Iraq. In it, Democrat & Chronicle reports that:

“What could be more American than homemade apple pie?”

Jay Hoyle didn't know until last night that his son, James, was coming home from Iraq. via Democrat & Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democrat & Chronicle.

hey Bill

United States

#81 Dec 17, 2007
AlQaeda in Iraq really didn't exist until Bush lied and send our troops over there to occupy that country for the purpose of securing their oil.
Al Qaeda was a threat to Saddam and he kept them at bay.
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Even Bush finally admitted that at a press conference.
Sure Saddam was a pain in the butt and we are not going to miss him, but the failed policies of the Reagan and the first Bush administration created Saddam in the first place.
The real reason that we are there is oil like it or not.
We've wasted billions of dollars, American lives, countless lives of innocent Iraqis, and American prestige has been sacrificed because of the misconduct of the war.
And if that isn't enough, our economy is in peril of collapsing primarily because of the expense of funding the war machine.
And Bin Laden goes free as a bird!
I guess the Iraqi oil is worth more to the dumbass Republicans then capturing the criminal behind 9/11.
Bill Smith

United States

#82 Dec 17, 2007
hey Bill wrote:
We've wasted billions of dollars, American lives, countless lives of innocent Iraqis, and American prestige has been sacrificed because of the misconduct of the war.
So is your belief that it is not a good thing that we have brought democracy to Iraq and ended a brutal dictatorship there based on racism, nationalism or stupidity? Are the Iraqis unworthy of civil rights and liberties? God bless the sacrifices of our troops to secure these natural rights for the Iraqi people.

Oh, and Saddam violated UN resolution after resolution...so there is your cassus belli...cause for war. If he had nothing to hide, he should have let the inspections go on unfettered.

“Fox News Rocks--#1 ”

Since: Oct 07

Maple Grove, MN

#83 Dec 17, 2007
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your belief that it is not a good thing that we have brought democracy to Iraq and ended a brutal dictatorship there based on racism, nationalism or stupidity? Are the Iraqis unworthy of civil rights and liberties? God bless the sacrifices of our troops to secure these natural rights for the Iraqi people.
Oh, and Saddam violated UN resolution after resolution...so there is your cassus belli...cause for war. If he had nothing to hide, he should have let the inspections go on unfettered.
Apparently, to certain Western liberals they are unworthy because 1) they bargained with Saddam under the table instead of enforcing the no-fly zone and 2) it would mean less ammo to bash Bush with.

So, of course not! And long as long Iraq is in the state it's in (although it is improving), these individuals have something to whine about.
Rep goof balls

United States

#84 Dec 19, 2007
War was “not” inevitable, it was a choice made by Bush/Cheney. Just like the choice Steven Green made, along with 4 others, to rape and kill an Iraqi 14 yr old girl and her family in 2006, a most horrific story. But its Mr Green’s luck that he is from Texas, a good ole boy, Bush will probably just pardon. Actions like this demonstrate that we as human beings don’t know how to conduct ourselves in situations such as war, actually we are not wired to. Dammit, this war should never have happened, and to hear anyone say “we need to get them before they get us” is such a joke, since no Iraqis were on those planes, but mostly Saudis, and isn’t Saudi Arabia’s government a monarchy?, how dare we allow that, oops, forgot, they play nice with litl’ Georgie dip$hit in his sandbox…..yeah, go ahead and support this lame a$$ president, might be some WMD in that sandbox, well Saudi will soon have theirs, but it’s a real good thing we got Saddam and his Mustard gas before he did anymore harm, yeah right, Impeach Bush, save the Constitution and save American lives, bring home all the troops. Its a good thing we brought democracy to the Iraqis, right Bill? I'm sure that little girl and family and probably almost 1 million dead Iraqis would just to thank Bush and the USA. Screw you dude.
Bill Smith

United States

#85 Dec 19, 2007
Rep goof balls wrote:
I'm sure that little girl and family and probably almost 1 million dead Iraqis would just to thank Bush and the USA. Screw you dude.
LOL...any war zone will have it's horror stories and a few rogue soldiers who act outside of propriety. I am not excusing their behavior, but let's not pretend that this is the behavior of the vast majority of our troops who are professional, well-trained and dedicated, compassionate individuals. 1,000,000 dead Iraqis?...way overblown. Plus, do you dismiss the many millions that Saddam killed through torture and chemical weapons unleashed against his own people and Iranian civilians? Oh, wait, he hated the U.S. so it was ok for Saddam to kill people PURPOSELY..when terrorist insurgents kill people that is our fault too. I see.

I am glad that Iraq is free of that tyrant. The U.S. has a noble repertoire of defeating tyranny around the world...Hitler, Mussolini, the Soviet regime and Saddam. Ho Chi Minh might have been added to the list too had we not pulled the plug on that war and the peaceniks here at home had their way.

There will be no impeachment...grow up and read the headlines. The Democrats just approved 70Billion for Iraq...looks like they support the war after all, and looks like you and your peacenik camp are further marginalized! Face!

“Fox News Rocks--#1 ”

Maple Grove, MN

#86 Dec 19, 2007
Rep goof balls wrote:
War was “not” inevitable, it was a choice made by Bush/Cheney. Just like the choice Steven Green made, along with 4 others, to rape and kill an Iraqi 14 yr old girl and her family in 2006, a most horrific story. But its Mr Green’s luck that he is from Texas, a good ole boy, Bush will probably just pardon. Actions like this demonstrate that we as human beings don’t know how to conduct ourselves in situations such as war, actually we are not wired to. Dammit, this war should never have happened, and to hear anyone say “we need to get them before they get us” is such a joke, since no Iraqis were on those planes, but mostly Saudis, and isn’t Saudi Arabia’s government a monarchy?, how dare we allow that, oops, forgot, they play nice with litl’ Georgie dip$hit in his sandbox…..yeah, go ahead and support this lame a$$ president, might be some WMD in that sandbox, well Saudi will soon have theirs, but it’s a real good thing we got Saddam and his Mustard gas before he did anymore harm, yeah right, Impeach Bush, save the Constitution and save American lives, bring home all the troops. Its a good thing we brought democracy to the Iraqis, right Bill? I'm sure that little girl and family and probably almost 1 million dead Iraqis would just to thank Bush and the USA. Screw you dude.
It's interesting how deep you and the mainstream Western media will go to find extemely isolated cases of USA men doing this. What's ironic is that they cover up the massive increase of rapes among European white women and islamic apostate women in Scandinavia and France by not reporting on it or providing false information about their ethnicity. It's also interesting how no one ever talked about how Uday and kusay hussein would run around in a van, kidnap and rape women. I don't see why they make a movie about that....Oh, because it would make George W Bush look good.

That would be just the Bush twins going around, picking out people, and raping them.

But, how dare I say that about your "oasis of peace" in Iraq that was "messed up" by Dick Cheney.
Bush sux-Dick Cheney 2

Rochester, NY

#87 Dec 19, 2007
no impeachment because the process would take too long, he'll be out before the ruling anyhow...good riddens...Democrats have to approve the funding, otherwise you people (the 28%) will say they don't support the troops, also it takes more than the small majority to get anything done, hope the voters realize that, so in 2008 we get a democrat Pres and vast democrat Congress to get things done!!!...the US again will climb out of the garbage that this Bush Admin. dragged the USA into...ok, hundred of thousand of Iraqis haven't died, its just the liberal media playing games, you're delusional Billy Boy

“Fox News Rocks--#1 ”

Maple Grove, MN

#88 Dec 19, 2007
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...any war zone will have it's horror stories and a few rogue soldiers who act outside of propriety. I am not excusing their behavior, but let's not pretend that this is the behavior of the vast majority of our troops who are professional, well-trained and dedicated, compassionate individuals. 1,000,000 dead Iraqis?...way overblown. Plus, do you dismiss the many millions that Saddam killed through torture and chemical weapons unleashed against his own people and Iranian civilians? Oh, wait, he hated the U.S. so it was ok for Saddam to kill people PURPOSELY..when terrorist insurgents kill people that is our fault too. I see.
I am glad that Iraq is free of that tyrant. The U.S. has a noble repertoire of defeating tyranny around the world...Hitler, Mussolini, the Soviet regime and Saddam. Ho Chi Minh might have been added to the list too had we not pulled the plug on that war and the peaceniks here at home had their way.
There will be no impeachment...grow up and read the headlines. The Democrats just approved 70Billion for Iraq...looks like they support the war after all, and looks like you and your peacenik camp are further marginalized! Face!
Actually Bill, there WERE 1 million dead Iraqis....from the oil for food scandal. Most were children, and most of the people benefiting were left-wingers in the West as well as communist China and Russia. I guess some oil barons made it out okay, but they give to the democrats, so its just as well.

The left of the west, it's good puppet the media and all these human rights NGO's don't care at ALL for the Iraqi people. They use it ONLY to slam George W Bush.
Cowboys are gay

United States

#89 Dec 20, 2007
Ok kids, here's the solution;
1. bring all the troops home, solidify the borders
2. Clean house in the gov't, new Pres, Congress, Senate, vote in young fresh minds, this current gov't is soooo corrupt and wrinklely
3. Create a working, fair health care system
4. tax the rich
5. Investigate and fix corporate corruption, punish the wrong doers severely
6. Legalize and tax drugs
7. Kill Bill- he is the itch
Cowboys are gay

United States

#90 Dec 20, 2007
And I am a registered Republican and conservative that is against big government, but this fool of a president has grown the size of the government like no other since FDR. And unfortunately for us, he has ruined the chance of unifying the country against our enemies and caused further divisiveness amongst the citizens of this great land, when we should be united in the purpose of keeping our country and those who dwell here safe from those enemies. His presidential library should be a Halliburton office building.
Bottom line, our kids die in Iraq, our kids die here, the rich don't give a damn, they get richer because of it!
And Kill Bill.
Bill Smith

United States

#91 Dec 20, 2007
Kill Bill...lol. Like I am some isolated voice. More than half of the country supports the War in Iraq now. Will you liquidate the majority of Americans. I love libs...they claim to be so-called champions of freedom of speech...but then they want to shut up talk radio, people like me and enforce political correctness. So much for freedom of speech. Us right-wingers are accused of being mean-spirited and violent...but listen to yourselves. I never wanted President Clinton "dead" despite his horrible incompetence and impeachable offenses. I don't want vocal peacenki fools "dead"...do want you to wise up? Sure.

To Cowboys are gay...
Yeah, tax the rich...the old class warfare nonsense. Great plan...let's sink the economy by removing capital and giving it to a horribly inefficient bureaucracy whose social programs haven't solved a social ill in 60 years of big government. Brilliant!

“Fox News Rocks--#1 ”

Maple Grove, MN

#92 Dec 20, 2007
Bill Smith wrote:
Kill Bill...lol. Like I am some isolated voice. More than half of the country supports the War in Iraq now. Will you liquidate the majority of Americans. I love libs...they claim to be so-called champions of freedom of speech...but then they want to shut up talk radio, people like me and enforce political correctness. So much for freedom of speech. Us right-wingers are accused of being mean-spirited and violent...but listen to yourselves. I never wanted President Clinton "dead" despite his horrible incompetence and impeachable offenses. I don't want vocal peacenki fools "dead"...do want you to wise up? Sure.
To Cowboys are gay...
Yeah, tax the rich...the old class warfare nonsense. Great plan...let's sink the economy by removing capital and giving it to a horribly inefficient bureaucracy whose social programs haven't solved a social ill in 60 years of big government. Brilliant!
Actually, yes, independents have also suffered under liberal tyranny. They try to keep us off the ballots, like Nader. Remember: a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush??? I guess they forgot the DEFENDING CHAMPS was running AGAIN for office..but nooo.....it's all because of NADER!

Seriously, some liberals just don't get it.

And they want to keep you quiet on talk radio because all their guys are on Sirius and conservatives rock on it. Why? Cause liberals can't manage a budget!
Raiders

United States

#93 Dec 21, 2007
Quotes from your brain (Bush), since he controls you Bill and Pizza Guy.

"Who cares what you think?"
George W. Bush, July 4, 2001 In response to a citizen who told him that he's doing a poor job.

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."

"I am not part of the problem, I am a Republican."

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
Rueters, May 5, 2000

"I hope to show Hispanics that Republicans do have a heart, but I also want to send a message to people from around the country as to how to pick up the Hispanic vote"

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"It's time for the human race to enter a solar system."

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" (Apparently Bill is Not)

My question: "Are all Republicans as smart as the 'Brain' Bush?" That's right, Bush has a "bought" MBA from Harvard, how impressive!!...

Hey guys question for ya, what's better; doing 'blow'? or getting one? tough one...esp. for me, I'll be honest, I love both ;)

God help us, and hope we all survive the next 12 months, it will be a hill for climbers. Happy Holidays and Kill Bill.
Bill Smith

United States

#94 Dec 26, 2007
Raiders wrote:
Holidays and Kill Bill.
Oh, liberals are such sensitive, "progressive" caring people.

LOL...what a joke.
Raiders

United States

#95 Jan 2, 2008
The 2008 countdown for the Chimp Bush and the hypocritical, "wide stance"(Larry Craig was my fav) repukes leaving office has begun....enjoy Repubs, your reign of power is almost at its end...then they all can get together and reinsure each other what a fabulous job they did, while the country rebuilds itself...it will be hard work, but liberal minded people will once again build this country up...

Since: Jun 07

S.W. Florida

#97 Jan 3, 2008
Raiders wrote:
Quotes from your brain (Bush), since he controls you Bill and Pizza Guy.
"Who cares what you think?"
George W. Bush, July 4, 2001 In response to a citizen who told him that he's doing a poor job.
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
"I am not part of the problem, I am a Republican."
"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
Rueters, May 5, 2000
"I hope to show Hispanics that Republicans do have a heart, but I also want to send a message to people from around the country as to how to pick up the Hispanic vote"
"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
"It's time for the human race to enter a solar system."
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" (Apparently Bill is Not)
My question: "Are all Republicans as smart as the 'Brain' Bush?" That's right, Bush has a "bought" MBA from Harvard, how impressive!!...
Hey guys question for ya, what's better; doing 'blow'? or getting one? tough one...esp. for me, I'll be honest, I love both ;)
God help us, and hope we all survive the next 12 months, it will be a hill for climbers. Happy Holidays and Kill Bill.
LOL. It just goes to show that the Bush family had enough money to buy his way into Harvard. He must be an embarrassment to the entire University.
Bill Smith

United States

#98 Jan 6, 2008
Raiders wrote:
The 2008 countdown for the Chimp Bush and the hypocritical, "wide stance"(Larry Craig was my fav) repukes leaving office has begun....enjoy Repubs, your reign of power is almost at its end...then they all can get together and reinsure each other what a fabulous job they did, while the country rebuilds itself...it will be hard work, but liberal minded people will once again build this country up...
When did liberal minded people EVER build this country up? Name an administration. Tick tock...
Raiders

Rochester, NY

#99 Jan 6, 2008
Bill Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
When did liberal minded people EVER build this country up? Name an administration. Tick tock...
it took a Clinton to clean up the 1st Bush Admin's mess, and it might just take another Clinton to clean up the 2nd Bush Admin's mess...."tick tock" you said it, only approx. 350 days left until the monkey is out of office and the rebuilding can begin...tick tock ;)
Savannah C

Naples, FL

#100 Jan 7, 2008
Raiders wrote:
<quoted text>
it took a Clinton to clean up the 1st Bush Admin's mess, and it might just take another Clinton to clean up the 2nd Bush Admin's mess...."tick tock" you said it, only approx. 350 days left until the monkey is out of office and the rebuilding can begin...tick tock ;)
Actually, it was Ronald Reagan that started everything good that happened while Clinton was president. Clinton just got credit for it since Reagans term was up. But in actuality, Reagan was the one who got the ball rolling. Clinton never would have thought of anything on his own.
Raiders

United States

#101 Jan 7, 2008
Savannah C wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was Ronald Reagan that started everything good that happened while Clinton was president. Clinton just got credit for it since Reagans term was up. But in actuality, Reagan was the one who got the ball rolling. Clinton never would have thought of anything on his own.
yep, you're right, Clinton was a moron, oh wait, wasn't he a Rhodes Scholar and a Yale Law School graduate?...you can't buy a Rhodes Scholar, but its a good thing we froze Reagan's head, maybe we can ask it how the US can rebuild this country that the Bush Admin. has torn down...Homer Simpson said it best, Bush shown us all that being president is easy, all you have to do is point the Army and shoot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Scoliosis Treatment Offers Alternative to S... (Feb '08) May 28 Ana 36
News Walmart Lego Theft Triggers High-Speed Chase May 25 RacistFireCrotchB... 5
News Explosion/Fire in East Rochester May 25 Farmington Girl Dog 4
News Two Decades Later, Wayne County Family Continue... May 25 Farmington Girl Dog 1
Download "10 Keys to Successful Forex FREE $1,3... May 24 Edward black 1
News Thousands in Macedonia protest alleged police b... May 10 GRUEVSKI MORON 2
News Massive drug bust in Macedon; 2 arrested (May '14) Apr '15 Pot Partaker 2
More from around the web

Victor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]