Community shows support for Victor te...

Community shows support for Victor teacher charged with sexual ...

There are 37 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Oct 4, 2009, titled Community shows support for Victor teacher charged with sexual .... In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

About a hundred friends and former students of a suspended Victor High School teacher rallied behind him Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Barb

Rochester, NY

#21 Oct 5, 2009
I feel bad for the girl that he inappropriately touched. What about her and her rights? Everyone believes he's so innocent but what about the victim. What about her innoncence! Sometimes you think you know somebody but maybe you don't know them as well as you think!
insane

Rochester, NY

#22 Oct 5, 2009
My personal thoughts on confessions
Confessions shouldn't be worth the paper they are transcribed to. They are just another dirty little trick that cops keep in their arsenal. Greece cops aren't the only game in town. The whole lot of them are in skilled in doing whatever it takes to get a guilty verdict at trial.
The cops sit you down and explain that it doesn't matter if you think you are innocent or guilty, you are going down for this. They convince you that you could help yourself out by taking ownership of this. Sign a confession and you will get probation or less jail time.
When I was 20 I was brought in for a burglery. It's a long story but the bottom is that I had absolutely nothing to do with it. While being interrogated they almost had ME convinced I did it. The offered up a confession and I wanted to sign it just to get out of the immediate predicament. I just couldn't sign it, I didn't do it and when I refused they threatened me with jail and I said "Let's go". This went on for five hours. At the end of the evening (morning) I was home in bed. The cops opened up a personal campaign to ruin me. I lost my job, my home, my friends. Remember, I had nothing to do with it.
Okay

Rochester, NY

#23 Oct 5, 2009
How do you accidently touch someone on the thigh when you are a teacher? I'm not saying he should be locked away in a prison for years or anything.. but when I was in school, none of my teachers ever "accidently" touched my thigh or even came close to it. I would love to hear his confession though and what his side of the story was to the police.
Smitty

West Henrietta, NY

#24 Oct 5, 2009
Why would the police arrest him if he didn't do it? "HELLO ANYBODY HOME"
I agree

Rochester, NY

#25 Oct 5, 2009
insane wrote:
My personal thoughts on confessions
Confessions shouldn't be worth the paper they are transcribed to. They are just another dirty little trick that cops keep in their arsenal. Greece cops aren't the only game in town. The whole lot of them are in skilled in doing whatever it takes to get a guilty verdict at trial.
The cops sit you down and explain that it doesn't matter if you think you are innocent or guilty, you are going down for this. They convince you that you could help yourself out by taking ownership of this. Sign a confession and you will get probation or less jail time.
When I was 20 I was brought in for a burglery. It's a long story but the bottom is that I had absolutely nothing to do with it. While being interrogated they almost had ME convinced I did it. The offered up a confession and I wanted to sign it just to get out of the immediate predicament. I just couldn't sign it, I didn't do it and when I refused they threatened me with jail and I said "Let's go". This went on for five hours. At the end of the evening (morning) I was home in bed. The cops opened up a personal campaign to ruin me. I lost my job, my home, my friends. Remember, I had nothing to do with it.
I believe that most police officers are good. However, I was in the same situation. I had NOTHING to do with a robbery and yet, right from the beginning, they said I did it. Nothing I could say or do could convince them otherwise. I was in questioning for almost 5 hours where they kept telling me I did it. I let them search my car, because, hey I had nothing to hide. They found "tools" in there that they said I did it with. Months later, they decide that my "tools" were not involved but they are STILL harassing me. They wanted my fingerprints, which I gave them because I know my fingerprings are not where they say they are. But long story short, they believe I did it and to this day, are still trying to pin it on me.
insane

Rochester, NY

#26 Oct 5, 2009
Smitty wrote:
Why would the police arrest him if he didn't do it? "HELLO ANYBODY HOME"
Wow, that's deep.
why do we have trials by jury in this country if the cops are so clever that they only arrest the guilty?
"WAKE UP PUMPKIN"
SeekingBalance

Florence, CO

#27 Oct 5, 2009
So he went to move her out of the way or something and touched her thigh instead of her arm? Come on. I've swung around and accidentaly cracked people in the nuts before.

“Never a Dull Moment”

Since: Aug 09

Somewhere in NY

#28 Oct 5, 2009
SeekingBalance wrote:
So he went to move her out of the way or something and touched her thigh instead of her arm? Come on. I've swung around and accidentaly cracked people in the nuts before.
Whoops!
ChrisM

Rochester, NY

#29 Oct 5, 2009
Seriously, is this what our society has come to? Touching someone's thigh (btw we don't know where on the thigh do we?) is now molestation? REALLY?
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#30 Oct 5, 2009
whatshappenin wrote:
He should be boiled alive, just until he is on the edge of death. Then, immersed in a tub of alcohol.
Now that's medevil
insane

Rochester, NY

#31 Oct 5, 2009
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that most police officers are good. However, I was in the same situation. I had NOTHING to do with a robbery and yet, right from the beginning, they said I did it. Nothing I could say or do could convince them otherwise. I was in questioning for almost 5 hours where they kept telling me I did it. I let them search my car, because, hey I had nothing to hide. They found "tools" in there that they said I did it with. Months later, they decide that my "tools" were not involved but they are STILL harassing me. They wanted my fingerprints, which I gave them because I know my fingerprings are not where they say they are. But long story short, they believe I did it and to this day, are still trying to pin it on me.
I believe some officers are adequate. That's as much as I can muster after my experience with cops. I used to be one of those people that believed that the mere arrest of someone is enough to proclaim guilt. Today, I thank almighty God that we have a judicial system where you have access to a jury trial and the cops need to have actual evidence against you.
I can say that my experience with the police has definitely changed me. I no longer automatically think that they are always in the right. In fact most times I wonder if they even have the slightest clue. To me, they are just a bunch of average Joes with over inflated egos and one strain of personality disorder or another. Now throw in the gun and a badge and you have the kind of Joe that could sleep at night after coercing someone to wrongfully sign a confession. Most people think the judicial process is a waste of taxpayers money but may God help them when and if they ever need it.

In the end, I went to a great job, I bought a house, and I found out who my true friends were. I also have experienced a reality that I can convey to my children that will help them handle themselves when dealing with the police.

"I Agree" our stories are not unique. I know there are many that have experienced the same thing. Most people wonder why there is this tendency for urban folks to not want to speak with the police. It seems crystal clear to me.
moveonrochester

Macedon, NY

#32 Oct 5, 2009
I'm not sure exactly what's going on here. I don't think it's an act of "molestation" if you put your hand on a student's thigh, I don't want to go against women, especially a minor but things have gotten way out of control. Men are being falsely accused of rape, molestation, domestic violence etc and many times (not all) are "he said-she said". I wish women would accurately report a crime when one is committed not when they are seeking revenge or, embarrassed by their actions by falsely reporting crimes. I really do hate to say this because there are REAL VICTIMS OF REAL CRIME but unfortunately I see this everyday. Whatever happened with this student and this teacher I hoping and praying that the truth will prevail.
Smitty

West Henrietta, NY

#33 Oct 5, 2009
insane wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's deep.
why do we have trials by jury in this country if the cops are so clever that they only arrest the guilty?
"WAKE UP PUMPKIN"
You gotta be a democrat & a teacher!
insane

Rochester, NY

#34 Oct 5, 2009
Smitty wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta be a democrat & a teacher!
Another weak attempt to use logic.
FAIL!!!

Tell me kitten, you don't believe the good ol' folks of the USA should get trials by jury with all the fixins?
VictorGrad

Cortland, NY

#35 Oct 5, 2009
We do not have all the facts. We need to wait for the trail to run its course. By the way according to the media he did it at school, The school has security cams that can read the serial number off a dollar bill, it can tell where he touched her. There is more to this we do not know and until a trial we will not know. That is the only thing we can be certain of now. So all the talk of he is guilty or innocent is premature. And yes I know him I had him as an art teacher in the primary school. He is a nice person, but you never know...
Who are you

Rochester, NY

#36 Oct 6, 2009
I've read most of the comments and the best was from VictorGrad. We DON'T have all the facts. I would like to believe that the authorities wouldn't have arrested someone just because of hearsay. There had to have been some kind of cause to arrest him. Whether it was justifiable? That's where the trial will decide the truth.
Jenn

Geneva, NY

#37 Oct 30, 2009
I BELIEVE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Decades Later, Wayne County Family Continue... Sun DIAMOND DAISY ALERT 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Ellen Polimeni as Mayor? Sun lookatherbuttt an... 2
Old bk building Sun lookatherbuttt an... 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Brian Kolb as State Assembly ... Sun lookatherbuttt an... 3
News Explosion/Fire in East Rochester Jul 3 Decca77 5
Mendon Kennel Arson Jul 3 Decca77 1
News Clifton Park, Bethlehem among most affluent ups... Jul 2 Mike R 80
More from around the web

Victor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Victor Mortgages