Victor art teacher accused of sexual abuse in court

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A Victor High School art teacher accused of sexual abuse will appear in court this morning.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
ItAllStinks

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

Look at him he looks sick, what is going on with this world do they even look into these people before they put our children in danger, I don't think so.
customer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

ItAllStinks wrote:
Look at him he looks sick, what is going on with this world do they even look into these people before they put our children in danger, I don't think so.
Guilty already huh?
SmugtownBlues

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

ItAllStinks wrote:
Customer is right. Why so quick to judge? A kid can get ticked off at a teacher and just throw an accusation like this out there. Even if the teacher is exonerated, that accusation sticks to them for life.
Its_Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

Hang em! He is a teacher! He had no reason for taking advantage of any child...sick bastard! I hope "Big Bill" gets a hold of him in jail!
jason

Sturgis, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

ItAllStinks wrote:
not sure how he "looks sick", idk...maybe all people who wear glasses are pervs
pretty bird

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

PLEEEAASSE, so many times we have heard "kids" reacting to a teacher that they didn't like or whatever with unfounded charges. Lets look at his backgound...his length as a teacher...any other complaints...people who knew him for years....neighbors.......then lets find out about a girl who accuses him as a student/teacher thing, what is her background. Do not be so quick to judge, 16 year old girls (of course not all of them) are not all that trustworthy. and to ruin a mans life, marriage, job, reputation is mighty serious stuff. How many men would lose all that for what? How many 16 year old girls would accuse not understanding the consequences. Rest my case. And I am a female.
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

Agreed, Pretty Bird. Not all kids would lie about this, but too many would - just to get back at someone they don't like. How easy it is to destroy an adults life - just say "he/she touched me!"

It doesn't matter if the whole charge was bogus - the arrest, investigation, trial - even if all charges are dropped, no evidence found, etc - the accused may as well hang it up. His/her life is over.

Think it can't happen to you? Don't bet on it.
Poorly handled

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

If he didn't do it and says he didn't, then he should take a lie detector test. If I had nothing to hide, I would do it. I don't care how clean his background is...sometimes the most trusted person who you think wouldn't harm a fly is the one to watch out for. Some sickos know to prey on the "troubled" victims as they are easy prey and are more difficult to believe when they accuse people of crimes like these.
customer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

Poorly handled wrote:
If he didn't do it and says he didn't, then he should take a lie detector test. If I had nothing to hide, I would do it. I don't care how clean his background is...sometimes the most trusted person who you think wouldn't harm a fly is the one to watch out for. Some sickos know to prey on the "troubled" victims as they are easy prey and are more difficult to believe when they accuse people of crimes like these.
If lie detector tests worked so well they would be used in court. But they don't, so they're not. Why do people always suggest it as a reasonable way to solve a case?
ItAllStinks

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

they not going to put him in jail if they don't have something on him, but then again all you people that want to give him the benefit of dout chick yourself and how many time you did the samething.
Poorly handled

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

customer wrote:
<quoted text>
If lie detector tests worked so well they would be used in court. But they don't, so they're not. Why do people always suggest it as a reasonable way to solve a case?
I'm not talking about the court system - he himself can suggest to take one just to help prove his innocence - if he is...Please, don't get me started on our courts/judicial system, that's for another day...
Not_telling you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

GUYS! stop the judging. you cant say a word about him unless you know him. you dont even know the whole situation. just because hes tall and skinny and has no hear doesnt mean hes a pedophile. he has a clean background and the girl is completely lying. you guys dont even know the whole situation, the girl has mental problems. why else would she accuse and innocent man? stop talking crap about a man you've never even met. stop judging this man.
customer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

Poorly handled wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about the court system - he himself can suggest to take one just to help prove his innocence - if he is...Please, don't get me started on our courts/judicial system, that's for another day...
I'm saying lie detector tests don't work all the time. That is why no one uses them.
Poorly handled

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

customer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying lie detector tests don't work all the time. That is why no one uses them.
I'm no expert on them either, but I would make sure whomever is giving the test knows what they are doing, and would do my research on the company(s) before I would commit to it. Just a way to prove innocence, not everyone jumps at the opportunity to get one, but if I was wrongly accused - I would volunteer for it.
The Truth

Morgan Hill, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that he is a Soccer Coach in Penfield NY with the Penfield Rangers Soccer Club.

The Rangers deleted his name off of their site but you can still see it on Google if you looked at cached sites. You can still see him listed as the coach at this site: http://www.rdysl.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rdysl/st...

It is well known in Soccer Circles that this guy swears at his team if they lose.

For every family that says he is a nice guy, they haven't seen the dark ugly side of this man. I feel bad for the victim.
FUBL

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

Not_telling you wrote:
GUYS! stop the judging. you cant say a word about him unless you know him. you dont even know the whole situation. just because hes tall and skinny and has no hear doesnt mean hes a pedophile. he has a clean background and the girl is completely lying. you guys dont even know the whole situation, the girl has mental problems. why else would she accuse and innocent man? stop talking crap about a man you've never even met. stop judging this man.
A girl with mental problems never stopped officer pignato.
seriously

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

I have known Mr. Bartlett since I was 5 years old. He was my first art teacher and the best one I have ever had. He has taught thousands of children over the years and I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a student who didn't feel as if they could go to him for advice. Obviously this girl had a crush on him and when he didn't return the feelings she made up this story. It happens everyday. I know from experience that Sophomore year makes girls feel invisible and disillusioned by high school. And who are the so called "witnesses" other 16 year old girls?
As for his picture on this site, I think they purposefully found a bad picture of him. It hardly looks like him. The Bartlett I pass in the hallway is always positive, and says good morning to everyone. He really is a nice guy that doesn't deserve this.
All I can say is, the VCS administration better watch out, because we will all be at the trial starting September 15th and we won't come back to school until it's all over.
Sandy

Batavia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

I love him, he was my favorite art teacher. and i am a girl and he never tried to do anything to me. people should stop judging him because he did nothing. he is a very nice and funny guy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Victor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Victor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••