Kentucky Jail Refusing To Address Rape, Harassment Of LGBT Inmates

There are 41 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 7, 2012, titled Kentucky Jail Refusing To Address Rape, Harassment Of LGBT Inmates. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The Kentucky River Regional Jail in Hazard, KY is ignoring a major problem that they are facing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

It true

Sheridan, AR

#24 Jun 9, 2012
Go sell that bullsh!t to someone who believes cause I have been there and I know better

“Beautiful Days..Beautiful Life”

Since: Jan 11

Indianapolis / Hazard

#26 Jun 9, 2012
KarmamyL0ve wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to be in a cell with your muff
Is this one of the lesbian comments you are referring to? You really are desperate for attention aren't you? BTW if you are going to continue using my name & acct how about a lesson in how not to use capitals in the middle of a word? KarmamyLOve? Idiot.
asif

London, KY

#30 Jun 10, 2012
with holding meds is the nurse at the jail not giving an inmate meds just because there gay wow soooooo wrong can you say law suit and fire the medical staff!!!!! BOOOO Hick county jail on you
dummy

London, KY

#31 Jun 10, 2012
R u serious no meds>>> the person could get sick and die this is a violation of civil and human rights only in hazard kentucky right LMFAO why hasnt the jail released a statement seems kind of fishy i thik this should be covered by CNN and a protest

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#32 Jun 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
For the record, when I was assualted in jail, I was assaulted by a CO and handcuffed and chained to 4 other guys at the time.
Q: Why was I in jail ?
A. For failure to pay a fine on ONE traffic ticket (no right turn on red).
I thought you would only get your license suspended.

Location hidden

#33 Jun 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
About a year after I was in the Suffolk County Jail, a young guy who was in the Nassau County Jail for a minor offense was beaten to death by the CO's.
Are you talking about Nassau County, Florida or New York?

Location hidden

#34 Jun 10, 2012
It true wrote:
No offense but I don't hear anyone complaining about the way the straight people are treated over there. I guess you have all forgotten the large number of assaults that were committed against straight people. Being gay shouldn't give you special treatment being human should
When someone is singled out, discriminated against, and battered because they are gay it IS a human rights issue.

Location hidden

#35 Jun 10, 2012
It true wrote:
<quoted text>. No offense but that still doesn't mean you should get preferential treatment while your there. You get locked up where you have lots of people there to pass your time with and don't tell me it doesn't happen because it damn sure does. The straight girls over there aren't locked up with their boyfriends while they are there, but gay girlfriends are locked up together all the time. Why should you get to be with your partner just because your gay, but the straight women are locked away from their loved ones. I'm sorry but I think that gay men should be housed with a gay woman and vice versa. Next you'll be demanding that gay intercourse be taught in sex Ed.
It's okay to be segregated if your life or health are in jeopardy for whatever reason.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#36 Jun 10, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about Nassau County, Florida or New York?
NY
Big T

Elkton, KY

#38 Jun 11, 2012
Just a curious question. I moved to KY from Chicago over a year ago. AFter a year of watching the news, reading papers, it seems like the "authorities" are really rough on the people in KY. I read about people being thrown in jail for the dumbest reasons.
wroteit

London, KY

#39 Jun 11, 2012
wow i cant believe they made national news!!!!!
Watch Out Folks

Denver, CO

#41 Jun 11, 2012
The Poster Man Of 1000 Socks is a Troll that was ran out of the Pikeville Ky forum. If you do not believe me, go to the forum and look for the following names:
LMAO - London KY
Patrick Whitaker, The Legend Himself, and many many other names. He has had so many posts removed over the last few months due to bashing other people, posting pictures and names of people on the site, and other stuff. WATCH HIM and DO NOT let him take over your forum. Ban together and report him to the MODS if he starts his crap like he did in Pikeville as well as the Jenkins KY forum. He is a troll, and nothing but a troll.
CAPTIANAMERICA

London, KY

#43 Jun 11, 2012
MAN OF IOOO SOCKS wrote:
OFF TOPIC -
And many of you all may recall back when I was Rev. Jim Jones or Mofofiasco too. Sorry but I will warn you all now that I have quite a fool's parade of sad, weak Trolls like Watch Out there that are so obsessed with me, that have allowed merely my words alone to hurt and traumatize them so badly that all they can do is follow me around whining and crying. Oh well, it is what it is and they are what they are : Sad and Obsessed. Please now, carry on the original subject / issue. Thank you.
Finally found Mr. Patrick Whitaker i know him and we have o have a looong talk, you will know me in time.... remember chatting with black female " via topix e-mail option? The time has come see u around!
verte

UK

#44 Jun 11, 2012
you need to see this

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#46 Jun 11, 2012
KarmamyL0ve wrote:
<quoted text>I hate queers stay off of this site. In KY we are God loving people, and you are an abomination
I met my first boyfriend in Lexington, Kentucky !

:)

I happen to be leaning up against a lampost tying my shoelace one night, when he walked by and said, "Hi, little boy, New in town ?" And I said "WOO-HOO !:)"
just wondering

Hindman, KY

#49 Jun 12, 2012
who do you call to make a complaint of any kind whats the number
Jacob

London, KY

#51 Jun 12, 2012
I'am a gay male,and obey the law. so I want go to jail, cause I know if i did something like this would take place. it is so crazy, how they let other's do this. If you did sue i would move out of this town, cause you would be a BIG TIRGET lmfao. or you get a homofob cop riding your ass, pulling you over every time your out and he see you! But if worse came to worse someone would go down, when or while I was in, they would pay no matter what i would have to go thro.
jurry

London, KY

#52 Jun 12, 2012
what kind of operation is janette miller hughes the so called jailer runnin over there VOTE her outta there!!!!
get it right

Hindman, KY

#53 Jun 23, 2012
Well for starters Kentucky is not all sister f**kin and cousin f**kin so anyone who thinks that is f**kin retarded.. And another thing we all are not hicks and hillbillies yea we all may talk different but everyone does and the ones that come to Kentucky out of bigger states we think you all sound ridiculous... By the way my mommy is not my sister she is just my mommy.. And another thing i am not no hillbillie i am a holler rat... And we have ten time more fun then any city folk ever thought about having...

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#54 Jun 23, 2012
KarmamyL0ve wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to be in a cell with your muff
wat ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vicco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jamie Williams in jail but not Fred Kennedy. w... 15 min Jen 56
Goodwill man dark hair 18 min Bob Marley 16
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min ChromiuMan 137,730
Hazard, Ky Feels So Evil (Mar '12) 1 hr Bat Guano 479
Baseball 1 hr Dixon 4
What is happening in Vicco right now? Thu I Know Him 10
Whitney banks and Matt Hall Thu Whitney banks 3
More from around the web

Vicco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]