Could People Be Too Lazy To TakeCare ...
Taxed Enough

London, KY

#21 Jul 31, 2012
hi there wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the name of the organization? do they help people who really need help too?
They'll probably "help" anyone if they can squeeze some more money out of the government by doing so or claiming that they're doing so.
The Answer is

Somerset, KY

#22 Oct 17, 2012
Yes. People can be too lazy to take care of their own kids.
Voting For Romney

London, KY

#23 Oct 29, 2012
Use YourVoice wrote:
There Is An Organization In Perry County That Will Come To Your House And Take Care Of Your Child While You Sit On Your Rump And/Or Do Whatever You Want.... Is This Or Is This Not A Waste Of Money??????? The Family Isn't Paying For This, Someone Else Is..... The Parent Isn't Working Either...Does Anyone Think This Is Right??????
Does that "organization" start with the letter "B" and end with the letter "T"? If so then, yeah, for the most part, I think that it's a waste of money.
Wells

London, KY

#24 Nov 12, 2012
Voting For Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that "organization" start with the letter "B" and end with the letter "T"? If so then, yeah, for the most part, I think that it's a waste of money.
Romney lost. LOL!
Welfare Recipient

Mount Vernon, KY

#25 Jan 29, 2013
I love my life !!!
GARY

Somerset, KY

#26 Feb 2, 2013
Use YourVoice wrote:
There Is An Organization In Perry County That Will Come To Your House And Take Care Of Your Child While You Sit On Your Rump And/Or Do Whatever You Want.... Is This Or Is This Not A Waste Of Money??????? The Family Isn't Paying For This, Someone Else Is..... The Parent Isn't Working Either...Does Anyone Think This Is Right??????
Complain... Complain... Do you care to tell us how much government assistance that you're getting?
Taxi Cab Driver

Sheridan, AR

#27 Feb 6, 2013
Use YourVoice wrote:
No. I don't think it's right. I think it's stupid.
How It Should Be

London, KY

#28 Feb 6, 2013
Use YourVoice wrote:
My opinion: They should drug test those people getting that assistance. They should drug test welfare recipients, food stamp recipients and child support recipients as well. If any of those people fail their drug tests, they should go to jail for at least three months, and never be eligible for any kind of government assistance again. System abusers don't deserve any handouts!
Shiz

Somerset, KY

#29 Feb 6, 2013
Child support recipients? Child support is not government assistance. And if they are gonna drug test child support recipients they damn well better drug test those people paying child support.
You Know

London, KY

#30 Feb 7, 2013
People have misused child support money like they misused welfare money and food stamps. Watch the news and see how people have been arrested for misusing government assistance by buying drugs and other illegal things.
martha

Sheridan, AR

#31 Feb 9, 2013
sadly not all parents love their kids ...
Chiz

Somerset, KY

#32 Feb 9, 2013
So let's go on the basis people misuse child support. As long as children are being taken care of, no one has the right to ask them where the money is going. If we start that, then we need to start asking the parent paying child support where the rest of his/her money is going every month as well as drug testing the parent paying child support. Again, child support IS NOT government assistance.
A Man With A Job

London, KY

#33 Feb 9, 2013
Chiz wrote:
So let's go on the basis people misuse child support. As long as children are being taken care of, no one has the right to ask them where the money is going. If we start that, then we need to start asking the parent paying child support where the rest of his/her money is going every month as well as drug testing the parent paying child support. Again, child support IS NOT government assistance.
Child support is money that supposed to help support the "child", not a drug addicted, government assistance leeching mother or father. People who work and pay taxes are drug tested. Mooching, welfare drawing mothers should be drug tested too, and I don't mean by a urine sample, which can be easily passed by drug addicts. I'm talking about blood and / or hair samples. Working people are sick and tired of seeing lazy, pill addicted people laying around and drawing welfare and unemployment checks while their poor children wander around dirty and hungry. There should be a lot of changes in the system. I heard that Florida has laws now that require welfare recipients to get drug tested before they receive any welfare benefits. I have a feeling that all states will have similar laws soon.
Chiz

Somerset, KY

#34 Feb 10, 2013
A Man With A Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Child support is money that supposed to help support the "child", not a drug addicted, government assistance leeching mother or father. People who work and pay taxes are drug tested. Mooching, welfare drawing mothers should be drug tested too, and I don't mean by a urine sample, which can be easily passed by drug addicts. I'm talking about blood and / or hair samples. Working people are sick and tired of seeing lazy, pill addicted people laying around and drawing welfare and unemployment checks while their poor children wander around dirty and hungry. There should be a lot of changes in the system. I heard that Florida has laws now that require welfare recipients to get drug tested before they receive any welfare benefits. I have a feeling that all states will have similar laws soon.
I agree with you that child support should be used to help support children however child support is not government assistance. You said pill addicted people laying around drawing welfare and unemployment. If a person is getting child support, technically they can't get welfare. If a person gets child support and the children have a roof over their heads, are being fed, clothed and taken care of then no one has a right to complain. If a child is being neglected, then it isn't a matter of drug testing the parent, its a matter of someone calling and reporting them to social services. Child support IS NOT government assistance.

As far as unemployment goes. If you work long enough to get unemployment, and you are approved unemployment, why should anyone getting unemployment be drug tested? It doesn't last forever. You've paid in to unemployment, so why should they be drug tested?

I am a full time working mother. I work a full time job 5 days a week. I take 2 night classes at HCC. MY husband and I got divorced because he is a dick, its that simple. I am not a drug user, never have been. My ex on the other hand has used drugs in the past. When he does work, yeah he is one of those types that will sit around and draw unemployment until it runs out. He is supposed to pay child support and pays it occasionally. So by god I feel like if i have to be drug tested because I get child support then he damn well better be drug tested also.

As far as food stamps go test away. As you stated, I have to be drug tested to get and keep my job, anyone getting food stamps should have to be drug tested to get and keep their food stamps. That is government assistance.
Isabella

London, KY

#35 Feb 10, 2013
People on drugs shouldn't have custody of kids anyway, whether they get government assistance or not.
Isabella

London, KY

#36 Feb 10, 2013
Chiz wrote:
I don't think that they were saying that child support was government assistance. I think that they were pointing out the fact that some people who get child support don't use it to support their child or children. Some people spend child support money on drugs and material things that doesn't benefit their child or children in any way. That's messed up.
Isabella

London, KY

#37 Feb 10, 2013
A Man With A Job wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%! There will be a lot of drug-snorting bums losing their handouts when all states have laws like that. Hopefully they will lose their kids too.
Coach

London, KY

#38 Feb 13, 2013
Yes... And people can be too doped-up to raise their own kids.
Darren

London, KY

#39 Feb 20, 2013
I think that welfare should be abolished. People shouldn't have children if they can't afford to feed them.
Pitiful

Mount Vernon, KY

#40 Feb 8, 2014
I believe so. There sure are a lot of grandparents raising their adult kids' kids around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vicco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lupalupa Hercules Lee Shepherd 19 min asshat 20
mug shots 20 min Red Feather Fan 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Mike Duquette 143,189
Red feather fan 51 min johnny boy 272
court date for freddie kennedy Wed Mel 97
Fallon Hall Mon Lmao 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 31 opinion 723
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vicco Mortgages