First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Versailles Parent

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 14, 2012
In light of the latest tragedy with the CT school shooting, I am wondering if our local law enforcement or school district is going to consider putting a resource officer in every school? This is such a tragedy, and although I would like to think we live in a community where this sort of thing would not happen, I firmly believe in the motto "better safe, than sorry". Anybody else agree with me on this?
sassy54

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 14, 2012
I agree 100%... This is just unfathomable to.me...and it could happen here...look what just happened on ivy bend...our children need to be protected!!!!!
freeloader

Lexington, KY

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Versailles Parent wrote:
In light of the latest tragedy with the CT school shooting, I am wondering if our local law enforcement or school district is going to consider putting a resource officer in every school? This is such a tragedy, and although I would like to think we live in a community where this sort of thing would not happen, I firmly believe in the motto "better safe, than sorry". Anybody else agree with me on this?
Stover school district had to cut teachers and programs due to the tax levy failing. How do you expect them to hire any safety officers?
Brian

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 14, 2012
Better yet, instead of relying on the cops and the government, rely on yourselves. You people that think junior is safe and you can shrug your parental responsibilities for the day, need to reexamine your priorities.

Take responsibility for your kids and home school...
Versailles Parent

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Brian wrote:
Better yet, instead of relying on the cops and the government, rely on yourselves. You people that think junior is safe and you can shrug your parental responsibilities for the day, need to reexamine your priorities.
Wow! Really? So it is wrong of us to utilize a government and educational system that we contribute to, and helped to build? That is "shrugging off parental responsibility"? I have no problem with homeschooling, and I am certainly all for mothers staying home to raise their children. I will not for one minute speak badly of people who send their child to public, private, christian schools, etc. We all, as parents, try to do the best we can for our children. Regardless of our circumstances our children deserve to be safe and protected. I couldn't agree more that it is MY primary responsibility to protect and care for my children, but I also do expect my government, law enforcement, as well as fellow community members to help to protect my children in any way they can...because my family and I would do the same for them. What happened to this world where all people can do is criticize everyone else? Why can we not see past it all and treat each other like human beings? No child deserves to be shot down while learning how to tie their shoes, or sing their ABC's. No parent should ever have to entertain the idea of that horrendous possibility. Unfortunately we live in a world where these terrible things are happening. If we can't afford to put another officer in our schools, which I don't believe is the case, then ask parents who do care if they want to take shifts patrolling the schools. I know I would absolutely donate my time to keep my children, as well as everyone else's safe. I think it is very unfair of you, Brian, to get on here and toss out these unfair judgements in a time of mourning for the entire nation. I hope you can look inside yourself and see that is not what anybody needs. We all need to work together to make this world a better place for our children, regardless of where or how they receive their educations.
Versailles Parent

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Dec 14, 2012
freeloader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stover school district had to cut teachers and programs due to the tax levy failing. How do you expect them to hire any safety officers?
It is no secret that we are living in a world where people have their priorities in a bit of a mess. Our youth IS our future. Yet so many people are neglecting them, hurting them, and worse as we saw today. There is always a way, and I think every person in the community would agree that our children's safety is a top priority. I may not have the perfect answer of how they should hire safety officers, but I can say that anything is possible when people work together like they should.
and

Lexington, KY

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Yes we do need more safty, especially at ballgames. Did anyone else see the poor coach at the volleyball game getting harrassed by Mr. Edgar for pulling out his daughter. Poking her and yelling. Figures that pu$$ wold do that to a girl, but he would run run as fast as he could from a man,
sassy54

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Dec 14, 2012
Which Mr Edgar?
and

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 14, 2012
The fat one.
Ridiculous

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Dec 14, 2012
Just what the thread needs, some overly opinionated people who can't see past their own noses. You are worried about harassment at a ball game rather than the 20+people who were senselessly killed today. Nice. Lets call people fat and worry about who is taken out of a game and who is mad about it. What is wrong with people???
Hail Golden Dawn Party

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Safety aside, all public and private schools are indoctrination centers inluding Christian ones, because most of what the bible teaches is no longer considered "politically correct" or "right" so you end up with a watered down politically correct enterpretation of all things Christian. The same thing has happened to the sermons on Sunday.

If you have children in school I guarantee you they are being force fed views that you personally don't agree with, both by the teachers and their peers because of political correctness. Your children are being forced to be around children that have been morally and behaviorally corrupt since before they ever entered elementary school. Bad parents raise bad and dangerous children that are prone to violence and perversion.

You wouldn't allow your children to be around the bad kids outside of school so why allow them to be around them at school?

Being unable to afford a parent staying home to homeschool is the only excuse, otherwise you are needlessly putting your children into harms way.
cocerned

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 15, 2012
While I agree with you on the "name callin" I will have to disagree on the rest. A grown man should not Bully a young lady who is doing her job. I wasn't there but my friend said he indeed was out of control. This is where alot of these school violence episodes get started from BULLIEING. When it comes to school saftey nothing should be overlooked, no parents should be alowed to disrespect a teacher or administrater. I don't think Mr. Edgar is above reproach and I can imagine that PBS broadcasting system would agree.
Junior

United States

#13 Dec 15, 2012
Brian wrote:
You sound like some jerk I know!
concerned parent

Lexington, KY

#14 Dec 16, 2012
I thank we can spend money over seas for security. Lets keep some money over here. There is no reason for our goverment not pay for resource officers in every school.
concerned parent

Lexington, KY

#15 Dec 16, 2012
my heart is BROKEN for the kids and staff at Sandy hook school . Lets pray for them. AMEN
Help

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 17, 2012
If Versailles had an elem. principal that could get off her fat ass, that would help. When I go to pick up my children, I have never seen her. Get your tennies on and start jogging them halls!
Good

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Are you talking about Tony Edgar? He didn't even finish high school!
Hmm

United States

#18 Dec 17, 2012
He graduated with me. So yes he did graduate high school. And he owns his own business and has his own tv show. He must not be to bad off.
Hmm

United States

#19 Dec 17, 2012
I don't know about the volleyball incident but that wouldn't be the first parent I've seen do that. If your going to point him out on it there are many others that could be pointed out too.
Smarts

Lockhart, TX

#20 Dec 17, 2012
I bet the person he hollered at will not buy any fishing gear from him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious Mon County Man 10
Actions have consequences Mon Hilliary 8
News New Stover man found deceased inside of home af... Mon Curious 3
News Starved cattle found on Stover property (Jan '13) May 13 Robin Hood 13
william errol thomas (Feb '10) Apr 26 47591 dAN 11
The Mighty are Falling Apr '18 Perry Mason 8
Republicans (Jul '16) Apr '18 Billie Jean 142

Versailles Jobs

Personal Finance

Versailles Mortgages