Family court judge gets 4 new charges( Gormley)

Posted in the Versailles Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sayno

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 23, 2009
GEORGETOWN The state's judicial conduct commission filed four new charges of misconduct this week against a Central Kentucky family court judge who had been charged earlier this year with misconduct in relation to three incidents in Scott and Woodford counties.

The commission initially charged Family Court Judge Tamra Gormley, who was appointed in 2007 to a district that covers Scott, Woodford and Bourbon counties, with three counts of misconduct in February. The new charges stem from four incidents this year in which the commission says Gormley acted inappropriately.

Gormley could not be reached for comment. After she was charged earlier this year, Gormley declined to discuss the commission's charges but said she was "a hard-working judge" who presides over 7,500 court proceedings each year, working in one of the busiest courts in the state, and "most people who come before me recognize these qualities and are appreciative of the positive impact our court has on families."

Related Story Central Ky. family court judge faces misconduct charges

Gormley said she was confident she conducted herself appropriately.

According to a written notice of formal proceedings and charges, dated Sept. 2, Gormley held closed court in proceedings that should have been open. She allegedly denied Toyota employees access to the court by issuing an order, which the commission rescinded in July, saying modifications of child support would not be considered for Toyota employees until Dec. 31. She delayed deposition in a custody case for more than six months, the commission said. And she did not follow proper procedures in terminating parental rights to two fathers, according to the commission.

In a written response dated Sept. 21, Gormley denied being in violation for open court proceedings, saying she only closed court when the law supported such a decision. She also said the commission is aware of family courts that conduct proceedings in the same manner, and the Kentucky Supreme Court has recognized inconsistencies among family courts in open and closed sessions.

As for Toyota, Gormley's response said she was worried short-term concerns about Toyota's production had led to numerous requests to the Scott County attorney to modify child support obligations of its employees. And employees, who were paid a bonus in May, were unable to establish a substantial and continuing change in income.

The judge's response said no affected party requested relief from the standing order. Gormley said she did not issue the order to deny anyone access to the court.

Gormley said in her response that the inadvertent delay in the custody case, in which she denied the father visitation, did not affect the welfare of the children or delay their return with the father. Her response also said the final order was entered within mandated time frames.

In regard to the fourth count, in which the commission says Gormley did not follow proper procedures in terminating parental rights to a father in Bourbon County and another in Woodford County, Gormley said the allegations were inaccurate and did not reflect her interpretation of the law.

The commission's charges could result in separate or collective penalties including public or private reprimand, suspension without pay or removal or retirement from judicial office. According to state law, the commission, which investigates and reviews complaints against judges, is the only entity authorized to discipline a sitting Kentucky judge.

Gormley is scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 29 for a hearing.
why

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2009
sayno wrote:
GEORGETOWN The state's judicial conduct commission filed four new charges of misconduct this week against a Central Kentucky family court judge who had been charged earlier this year with misconduct in relation to three incidents in Scott and Woodford counties.
The commission initially charged Family Court Judge Tamra Gormley, who was appointed in 2007 to a district that covers Scott, Woodford and Bourbon counties, with three counts of misconduct in February. The new charges stem from four incidents this year in which the commission says Gormley acted inappropriately.
Gormley could not be reached for comment. After she was charged earlier this year, Gormley declined to discuss the commission's charges but said she was "a hard-working judge" who presides over 7,500 court proceedings each year, working in one of the busiest courts in the state, and "most people who come before me recognize these qualities and are appreciative of the positive impact our court has on families."
Related Story Central Ky. family court judge faces misconduct charges
Gormley said she was confident she conducted herself appropriately.
According to a written notice of formal proceedings and charges, dated Sept. 2, Gormley held closed court in proceedings that should have been open. She allegedly denied Toyota employees access to the court by issuing an order, which the commission rescinded in July, saying modifications of child support would not be considered for Toyota employees until Dec. 31. She delayed deposition in a custody case for more than six months, the commission said. And she did not follow proper procedures in terminating parental rights to two fathers, according to the commission.
In a written response dated Sept. 21, Gormley denied being in violation for open court proceedings, saying she only closed court when the law supported such a decision. She also said the commission is aware of family courts that conduct proceedings in the same manner, and the Kentucky Supreme Court has recognized inconsistencies among family courts in open and closed sessions.
As for Toyota, Gormley's response said she was worried short-term concerns about Toyota's production had led to numerous requests to the Scott County attorney to modify child support obligations of its employees. And employees, who were paid a bonus in May, were unable to establish a substantial and continuing change in income.
The judge's response said no affected party requested relief from the standing order. Gormley said she did not issue the order to deny anyone access to the court.
Gormley said in her response that the inadvertent delay in the custody case, in which she denied the father visitation, did not affect the welfare of the children or delay their return with the father. Her response also said the final order was entered within mandated time frames.
In regard to the fourth count, in which the commission says Gormley did not follow proper procedures in terminating parental rights to a father in Bourbon County and another in Woodford County, Gormley said the allegations were inaccurate and did not reflect her interpretation of the law.
The commission's charges could result in separate or collective penalties including public or private reprimand, suspension without pay or removal or retirement from judicial office. According to state law, the commission, which investigates and reviews complaints against judges, is the only entity authorized to discipline a sitting Kentucky judge.
Gormley is scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 29 for a hearing.
innocent
A Father

United States

#3 Oct 3, 2009
why wrote:
<quoted text>innocent
Extremely GUILTY. I'm one of the victims.
cwcpsc@bellsouth.net
sorry

Tolar, TX

#4 Oct 4, 2009
why wrote:
<quoted text>innocent
Sorry mrs. gormley that wont do it.
a mom

Versailles, KY

#5 Oct 15, 2009
My son has been in her court for 2 years ever since I signed for him to drop out at 16.His father was dieing he missed alot of school and was haveing trouble getting along with ppl.She has sent him to jovinal det. and now has said if he doesnt get his GED by Nov 17 he will spend from then till his 18 b day there.He has done nothing bad.He does not still of fight or cause any problems.The women is power crazy!
Well

United States

#6 Oct 15, 2009
a mom wrote:
My son has been in her court for 2 years ever since I signed for him to drop out at 16.His father was dieing he missed alot of school and was haveing trouble getting along with ppl.She has sent him to jovinal det. and now has said if he doesnt get his GED by Nov 17 he will spend from then till his 18 b day there.He has done nothing bad.He does not still of fight or cause any problems.The women is power crazy!
Your son will not be able to become anything worthwhile without his GED. Good for the Judge- encouraging YOUR son to get SOME education, and being a authority figure; Sounds to me like she is just trying to pick up your slack. You let him drop out- to live off of OUR tax dollars. If he gets his GED then at least he MIGHT be able to get a job and be somewhat productive. If not, let him think about it in Juvenile Detention- this might be a good taste of his adult future.
a mom

Versailles, KY

#7 Oct 15, 2009
ok WELL for 1 i think im doing pretty well in life even without my GED but yes i am going to get it
and no she didnt just let me drop out
i dropped out b/c my father was sick and dieing
so b4 u start saying things r for the better ask 4 facts first
Just Thinking

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2009
a mom wrote:
ok WELL for 1 i think im doing pretty well in life even without my GED but yes i am going to get it
and no she didnt just let me drop out
i dropped out b/c my father was sick and dieing
so b4 u start saying things r for the better ask 4 facts first
This must be the juvenile writing, and not the mom.
kentucky

Morehead, KY

#9 Feb 24, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Your son will not be able to become anything worthwhile without his GED. Good for the Judge- encouraging YOUR son to get SOME education, and being a authority figure; Sounds to me like she is just trying to pick up your slack. You let him drop out- to live off of OUR tax dollars. If he gets his GED then at least he MIGHT be able to get a job and be somewhat productive. If not, let him think about it in Juvenile Detention- this might be a good taste of his adult future.
you need to get your facts straight gormley is the most crooked judge i have seen i dont see how she is still doing this non sense to innocent juveniles. i know from experience she locked me up for petty ass charges the sheriff and everyone was on my side. ive been dealing with her for 2 or 3 years now and she has split my family up and is still trying to hurt me and my family.
GO GORMLEY

Lexington, KY

#10 Feb 26, 2012
Shes a great judge and eventually sees through all the BS people try to throw in the court room! ROCK ON Judge G!!!!!!!!!
been there

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 6, 2012
I was in her court room 4 years ago and she was really fair about things even if i did not agree with her she was still fair and all.
the time is here

Versailles, KY

#12 May 5, 2014
Vote Gormley out! Vote Lisa Hart Morgan for family court judge.
Vote her out

Louisville, KY

#14 May 9, 2014
Versailles does not need another corrupt person in office! She is paid by us to do the job fairly and honestly. Her track records of reprimands from the board tell the true story!
very true

Versailles, KY

#15 May 9, 2014
Vote her out wrote:
Versailles does not need another corrupt person in office! She is paid by us to do the job fairly and honestly. Her track records of reprimands from the board tell the true story!
This is way we need Lisa Morgan! May 20th
Vote Lisa Hart Morgan

Lexington, KY

#16 May 10, 2014
Vote Lisa Morgan on May 20th
wow

Lawrenceburg, KY

#17 May 11, 2014
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be the juvenile writing, and not the mom.
you must not be much a of person to be talking down a child! Children need encouragement, not some rude person who needs to open the door and take a look in their own backyard!!!!!
wow

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 May 11, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes everyone needs their education, however you should go back to school yourself, why would you say in public where this child may be able to read your post, saying they would not become worth anything? that is so wrong!!!!! Hurtful and demeaning! What ever happen to the simple plain words of encouragement? I sure hope you don't have kids, if so maybe you need some parenting skills yourself! Words are POWERFUL, you should taste them before you spit them out!!!
Lisa Hart Morgan

Lexington, KY

#19 May 11, 2014
Vote Lisa Hart Morgan on May 20th
Lol

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Jul 29, 2014
Hummm??I wonder who has more charges Brian carroll or Tamra Gomerly?? Haha
sad mom

Charlestown, IN

#21 Aug 25, 2014
my son was in her court for years and she sent him to jail several times one being 2 weeks during christmas break. his only issue was he missed school. I was devastated to have to drop him off but all in all she truly was trying to help him. i didnt agree that she ordered he cut his hair i was confused and upset about that but fact is she just wants what is best for the child.in my case the grandparents ended up taking him moving his case to mercer county court where he was permitted to quit school.In her court that would have never happened as she told him she would keep him in her court til he graduated. didnt care how old he was ... as upset i was that he was removed from my home i was even sadder that he didnt remain in her court,,because a straight a gifted student should not have been allowed to quit school... let her do her job peoples... she just wants kids to be sucessful

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the south will rise again! (Feb '10) 17 min Sherman Necktie 14
Drugs - PW (Sep '12) 18 min FilipSvk 27
Quest church (Aug '09) 40 min Super Christains 2,935
Aaron Haines 44 min meeee 2
Name The Drug Dealers (Dec '12) 6 hr p o s 41
Girlfriend1 10 hr Wife 1
Emily Wooten Wed Curious 2
Versailles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web