What daycare to use?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parent

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2013
I am currently at Guardian Angels daycare with my child but am looking to change for reasons that I will not get into. I do not know much about any of the others in Versailles and need some help.
Does anyone have any complaints or good things to say about The Academy, Hugz n Hissy Fits or Kidz Kingdom? Please help, I need to make this change soon but want to make sure I am picking the right place for my child and myself. Thank you!
VMOM

Lebanon, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Parent wrote:
I am currently at Guardian Angels daycare with my child but am looking to change for reasons that I will not get into. I do not know much about any of the others in Versailles and need some help.
Does anyone have any complaints or good things to say about The Academy, Hugz n Hissy Fits or Kidz Kingdom? Please help, I need to make this change soon but want to make sure I am picking the right place for my child and myself. Thank you!
My son went to the Academy for years until he started kindergarten last fall. He loved it there. Stay away from Kidz Kingdom. The owner only cares about money.
concerned

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2013
I can not say personally. But have only heard good things about hugz n hissy fits.
VMOM

Lebanon, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2013
I've heard good things about Hugz &Hissy Fits too but I've never been there. The Academy was great and they did a wonderful job preparing my son for Kindergarten.
wondering

Georgetown, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
Is there a reason you haven't checked into private care? Do you use assistance? I know a wonderful private care sitter.
parent

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2013
I would not advise guardian angels to anyone the owner lied to us and said she is always there during operating hours and was not we didn't stay long also would not recommend hunters ridge Childcare with owner Gail
VMOM

Tucker, GA

#7 Jan 4, 2013
I called Guardian Angels when I was initially looking for a center. I asked the usual questions about child teacher ratios and so on. The lady on the phone seemed pleasant enough, so I asked her about coming by to have a look around. She told me that I couldn't come during the day and I'd have to schedule a tour with the owner after hours! I'd never heard of any place having such a policy. I used to work at a daycare and I was a preschool teacher. We always encouraged parents that were checking us out to come by and see the kids interact with the teachers and meet the staff. That policy raised a huge red flag with me and I never called them again. I would never put my child in a center that wouldn't allow parents to visit.
momma

United States

#9 Jan 4, 2013
@guardian angels
hmmm

Versailles, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2013
My kids go to Kidz Kingdom. They love it and the teachers are great. My son will be starting kindergarten next year and he is fully prepared. This is the only one in town they have went too so I cant say anything about the others.
VMOM

Lebanon, KY

#11 Jan 4, 2013
I had a bad experience at Kidz Kingdom, but that was nearly 5 years ago so I don't know what it's like now. It wasn't the teachers my son had there that was the problem though. It was the way things were being ran. The last straw for me was when Carolyn decided to move my son to the one year old room two months early without telling me because she wanted his spot in the infant room for another kid. He couldn't even walk yet! They fed him peanut butter in the 1 year old room and he was 10 months old! He had a history of food allergies and i had specifically filled out a form stating he wasn't allowed to have it. But Carolyn said that she fed it to him anyway because it wasn't a doctor's note. Oh and did I mention that the way I found out the place had changed ownership when she bought it was one day I called to check on my kid and the phone had been disconnected? It was really painful for me to make the choice to move him after all this happened because the teachers he had were so sweet but I couldn't deal with the lack of communication and I was horrified over the peanut butter. Thank God he wasn't allergic, but he'd never eaten it before that day.
suprised

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Jan 5, 2013
I'm truly surprised guardian angels is still open. I heard a lot of calls have been made to the state on this place.
ohh

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2013
Kidz kingdom has wonderful teachers they really no what they are doing but carolyn is money hungery and thats all she cares about is money she will smile in your face and dog you and your child behind your back age allows cash paying familys kids do inappropriate things to the children whom get state assistance she only cares about tge ones who pay cash if your child gets state funds they are treated very differently so do giod research befor letn your child go there
inquiring mind

Versailles, KY

#14 Jan 5, 2013
parent wrote:
I would not advise guardian angels to anyone the owner lied to us and said she is always there during operating hours and was not we didn't stay long also would not recommend hunters ridge Childcare with owner Gail
What do you have against Gail & her pre-school?
VMOM

Lebanon, KY

#15 Jan 5, 2013
ohh wrote:
Kidz kingdom has wonderful teachers they really no what they are doing but carolyn is money hungery and thats all she cares about is money she will smile in your face and dog you and your child behind your back age allows cash paying familys kids do inappropriate things to the children whom get state assistance she only cares about tge ones who pay cash if your child gets state funds they are treated very differently so do giod research befor letn your child go there
I can't say that I know anything about Carolyn treating kids differently based on how their parents pay or if they get assistance, but the rest of what your saying sounds like what I experienced. Great teachers and lousy self serving management. In my case, Carolyn wanted to make room in the infant class for this lady who had twins but she only had 1 opening. So she bumped my kid to another room. I didn't find out until I came in to pick him up one day and saw that all of his stuff had been moved. He was too little to be moved in with bigger toddlers that were as old as 2 when he was just 10 months.
My advice to any parent is to keep an eye on your kid no matter where you take them. Drop in at different times during the day. Pick your kid up early unnanounced sometimes. That way you can see what's going on when they aren't expecting parents to see.
well

Lebanon, KY

#16 Jan 12, 2013
are there any daycares open after 6? in versailles
prices

United States

#17 Jan 12, 2013
What r the prices for a child that would go full time? On any of these daycares for a three year old and do they teach them like a pre school would? Where is guardian angels? What is the daycares name that looks like a house close to the hospital?
VMOM

Lebanon, KY

#18 Jan 14, 2013
prices wrote:
What r the prices for a child that would go full time? On any of these daycares for a three year old and do they teach them like a pre school would? Where is guardian angels? What is the daycares name that looks like a house close to the hospital?
I was paying 150 a week at Kidz Kingdom, but I paid 125 at The Academy, but that's the rate they charge for potty trained kids. The Academy is open until 6, and so is Kidz Kingdom I think. I usually picked my kid up by 5 so I can't remember.
Mom

Lexington, KY

#19 Jan 15, 2013
Hugz n Hissy Fits has a really good curriculm that starts even with their two year olds. There rate is $145 which is a little bit higher but that is because they have the internet cameras. I do think the rate goes down to $130 at age 3.
bbb

Tucker, GA

#20 Jan 17, 2013
Check them out
Grandma

Lexington, KY

#21 Jan 26, 2013
My grandson is at Hugs n Hissy fits. I love this place. So much space and u can check on them during the day as they have cameras on at all times. Love this place!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preacher ousted cheating on wife (Jun '10) 2 min Sinner 35
Margaret Hall Housing 6 min daysgoneby 1
Biggest liar in Versailles 13 hr drury 6
Duck 16 hr Quack Quack 1
Addison horsely (Oct '12) Sun hes not hiding 11
Husband not satisfying me Sat Concernedcitizen 21
Laiken Bowen does drugs with her baby around her Sat Skeeter 6

Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance