Death of 23 Year Old (Again)

Posted in the Versailles Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What Now

Oxford, OH

#1 Dec 5, 2012
What's the story? No car accident in the paper, no shootings, no stabbings-- Is this another drug overdose? Synthethics or old-fashioned cocaine or meth? How can another young person overdose and it not be reported? An apparently healthy young man dies at the hospital, and with no explanation.
thoughts

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 5, 2012
There has been a rash of suicides and drug overdose deaths recently it seems. Way more than is typically normally expected for the population base in this area. they typically increase slightly during the holiday times for whatever reason that is but there's be a dozen in the county in less than a year. Several scanner heard reports this past weekend of attempts and another listed in Mondays Mad-Courier.

What gives? I don't know.
Chrissy

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 5, 2012
This is so sad. Although I respect the family's right to privacy, the community should be aware how often this is happening. I think the courier worries about how this reflects on our towns reputation but I feel like hiding the problem is worse than addressing the issue. This is happening everywhere at an alarming rate and Madison is not immune. Ignoring it will not make it go away.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Exactly Chrissy. More bath salts STILL be sold by a business or meth or coke from a drug dealer? The community needs to know where the problem is coming from. If the victim had been caught with the drugs, the courier would have no problem putting VIDEO of the arrest on their website, long before they had their day in court.
Would be nice

Lafayette, IN

#5 Dec 5, 2012
herion is what he overdosed on
Chrissy

United States

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Tragic
What Now

Oxford, OH

#7 Dec 5, 2012
I guess the Madison Courier will have to buckle down, or else consistently be scooped. I know where to come for the news.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#8 Dec 6, 2012
No one has anything to say about a heroin overdose? All these tight-lips will pave the way for next kid to follow suit. Better find out who your loved ones are associating with before it happens again.
Chrissy

Richmond, KY

#9 Dec 6, 2012
What Now wrote:
No one has anything to say about a heroin overdose? All these tight-lips will pave the way for next kid to follow suit. Better find out who your loved ones are associating with before it happens again.
I guess people don't realize how much crime is connected to drug. People don't want to accept that one of their loved ones could be addicted to drugs. I don't live in a bad neighborhood and I have found needles laying in the grass near my home. We are all affected by this.
fred

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 6, 2012
They want to play big boy games then they have to pay the big boy price. Let all the deaths be a lesson to all the other dope heads running around town. And a lesson to all the parents that sit back and allow it or know and do nothing.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#11 Dec 6, 2012
I've seen it online that he wasn't alone when he died. They need to make the network of users talk, and track down the suppliers, and charge them with manslaughter.
Chrissy

Richmond, KY

#12 Dec 6, 2012
fred wrote:
They want to play big boy games then they have to pay the big boy price. Let all the deaths be a lesson to all the other dope heads running around town. And a lesson to all the parents that sit back and allow it or know and do nothing.
I understand that death is consequence to their action and I do hope people learn from this.

My point is that I have been very ignorant to the drugs in the area, how to recognize the warning signs and even what the drugs look like. I have had to educate myself on these things so that I know what to tell my child and if she should ever try these drugs, I hope I will know enough to see it and deal with it appropriately.

When I was growing up, I saw alcohol and marajuana. I knew some kids that sniffed glue and magic markers. I heard of cocaine and heroine but never saw it. Now we have synthetic drugs, tons of accessible prescription meds and household items I never heard of people abusing. We have to educate parents on what to look for.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#13 Dec 6, 2012
Yes, Chrissy. There are several results from the Madison Courier for heroin arrests this year if you google Madison Courier +heroin (you can't search their archive directly, but google has some pages archived). It's clear some of these arrests were in the network of the victim, and if the family and friends had paid attention to the connections, they might have suspected something and had an intervention. Again, if your loved ones were in the friend network of the victim or dealers or arrestees, take a second look and see if your loved one is more than just friends with the person in the paper, and maybe using buddies, or in a dealer/buyer relationship.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#14 Dec 6, 2012
And at Ryan Moreland's funeral, didn't the funeral director state that he discovered boys in the bathroom using synthethic drugs? Will they find boys with needles in their arms this time in the bathroom? I wouldn't be surprised. Especially during such a tough time, they can't be expected to go cold turkey. They don't just wake up and get straight. People involved with such things need help and attention.
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#15 Dec 13, 2012
Been a lot of suicide attempt calls on the scanner lately. Something in the water around here or is it just the season?
What Now

Oxford, OH

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Christmas bonuses coming early? Get a big wad of cash, buy a big bag of meth--and don't tell the family you got the money. Snort, smoke it, shoot it up, it's a race against time before they find out you're loaded.
real

North Vernon, IN

#17 Feb 3, 2013
i guess this poor kids sister isnt dating a cop for it to be big news. why would a herion overdose not be on the front page? this kid was also a friend of ryan morelands, think that makes 6 of the same circle dead.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#18 Feb 3, 2013
You can look at their various facebooks, see who is friends with who. Then you can even pick some of them out of the Madison Courier through google where they got arrested for heroin. A whole string of people using and selling drugs, is one of your family members caught up with this bunch? If I can sit here and piece it all together, you can too.
Google search heroin in the Madison Courier. Everyone of the arrests for dealing can be plugged right into the facebook, and they are always friends with Ryan Moreland's connections or Shawn Melton.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#19 Feb 3, 2013
As soon as this happened, I searched through Facebook trying to find someone talking. Kids like to talk, but this time it was different. Everyone was tight-lipped, people were posting that they were in shock and grieving, friends were asking what happened, and they would get no response or explanation of the death. It was like everyone was coached to keep their damn mouths shut.
http://madisoncourier.com/print.asp...
You can see how the dad got busted with 19 and 20 year olds for dealing and making meth.
Autumn

Madison, IN

#20 Aug 20, 2013
Do you guys have nothing else better to do ?
Sitting on here talking crap about someones loved ones ? nobody forced him to do what he done, & what he done didn't make him a bad person. he was my bestfriend ! & i don't like the way you are talking about him. you guys sound pathetic talking about people who have passed away , you sound like you feed off drama. & he didn't die from herion , before you run your fuckin mouth get your facts straight. & stop acting like you're better then everyone else. If your son ' bestfriend ' husband or who ever passed away would you like it if someone was making comments like this about this saying stuff about meth & how he died ? NO! you're lucky i don't know who you are ! because i would be quick too hop on here and judge your loved ones who have passed away just to show you how it feels. acturally no i wouldn't because i have more respect for that. you guys sound like a bunch of childish people. GROW UP. & if you're going to talk shit about someone say your full name & let us know who you are sense you're so bad ass to talk shit & i promise once i find out who you are you won't be talking shit anymore !
- Autumn Cutshall

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Versailles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child molesting tattoo artist (Nov '15) 8 hr MadtownCorrupted 10
Boyer Trial Snitch (May '15) 9 hr MadtownCorrupted 16
Welcome to Madison KKK 11 hr bootlip 7
Kenny Stanley vs The World Sep 23 Devilz Haircut 40
Trent green Sep 21 Crf 1
Santana Banta Sep 20 Curious 1
where are the ts woman at? (Apr '14) Sep 20 Matt 5

Versailles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance