Saturday events to mark one-year anniversary of March 2 tornadoes

Mar 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

Several events are planned Saturday afternoon to mark the one-year anniversary of the destructive March 2 tornadoes that ripped through Southern Indiana and Kentucky.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

That day will be in my mind forever. Our town was dystroyed and yet built up all in one day. My granddaughter was one of the few in the school as it took a direct hit.As my husband,myself and our 2 year old grandson were in the basement of the baptist church when it hit. My heart sunk and I fell to mmy knees as I arose from the basement of that church only to see the school that my 6 year ols granddaughter was in laying on the ground. I took many,many pictures of the devastation all over the town.
It was amazing to see within hours the people in our little town pulling together to help,and hold up one another. Although it was a tragedy,the spirit of our town never faultered! And the kids of Henryville school were so estounding as they worked and pitched in to help assure that they could begin the school year on time the following year.... They said it couldn't be done but the crew from Belfore worked 24/7 to make it happen for our children!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Thank you! God sure had his hands on our family and the families of many that day!Loosing our home only brought us forever closer togerher!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I was there two months after the tornado and was amazed at how much damage was inflicted. My heart goes out to those who lost everything.
Really_

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Pfffttt! God?!?!

Tell him to keep his mitts off my patio furniture next time.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

"REALLY" I will pray for you! Sounds like you desperately need it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Versailles Discussions

Search the Versailles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) 1 hr squeezers 1,285
satire 8 hr Nancy 3
Accentuate the Positve - Strive for a Positive ... 15 hr Joy 15
Stolen Election Signs 16 hr someone knows 1
Jen White 18 hr Madison 6
aaron paul wood Fri andrew 25
Andrew Forestor , Jenner, Brandon Taylor and all Apr 16 i-Mockery 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Versailles Jobs

•••